What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Assuming you wanted to go, would you visit a town like Nashville in Mid May? (1 Viewer)

Assuming you wanted to go, would you visit a town like Nashville in Mid May?

• Definitely would go if I wanted to

Votes: 48 56.5%
  • Probably would go if I wanted to

Votes: 18 21.2%
  • On the fence

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Probably would not go even if I wanted to

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Definitely would not go even if I wanted to

Votes: 11 12.9%

• Total voters

Joe Bryant

Guide
Staff member
Topic came up in another thread.

The world seems to be opening back up and people are talking about taking trips to visit towns.

Lots of good threads here center around the "what should I do when I visit ________"

For discussion, let's say Nashville, TN. 

Assuming you wanted to go and had the financial means and such, would you visit a town like Nashville in Mid May and do some of the pre covid normal stuff like visiting a restaurant or brewery or being downtown?

Also, do NOT turn this into a political thing. Take those to the Political Forum if you feel the need to do that. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Living in Massachusetts I travel south in the cold months and stay north in the warm months so for me I'd need a good reason to go almost 1000 miles south during the few good weather months of the year up here, but otherwise I'd be fine going there.  

For covid specifically, I don't think of Nashville as a hot spot or any more dangerous than living up here so I'm not considering that.  But I am considering that I want to either support local businesses or travel to somewhere I really want to go, so I would think that a place like Disney will get a lot bigger share of the tourism rebound pie than Boston or Nashville. 

i will travel to any place that will have me ... no qualms what. so. ever.

ETA: and this encompasses partaking in ALL activities - outdoor, indoor, outhouse, drunken/sober shennanigans, touching doorknobs, etc ... all fair game. 

with extreme prejudice, at that. 

To me the two key drivers are - am I vaccinated and will I be doing indoor activities or outdoor.  We just went on a trip - I was done with first shot by 2 weeks and our activities except dining were all outdoors.

I wouldn’t go to do indoor touristy things. I would go to visit family or to go hiking or other outdoor (and probably outside the city) things.

Probably...yeah.

I have been vaccinated (and next week will mark 2 weeks after my 2nd shot).  My wife has been vaccinated.  Son (16) has had his first.

My step-mother is visiting here about that time.  She has been vaccinated as well.  Will mark the first time we have seen her (not on zoom) since Christmas 2019.

I would go to some places Im sure...not sure Id just open up and go anywhere at all where there would be large crowds possible (think NY and a crowded subway...close quarters inside).  But even then Id consider it if I had a reason to go...  And yeah, as AAA said, if activities are outdoors still and all.  Sure.  Part of that is that my daughter is not yet vaccinated.

Sure, why not? 

If being vaccinated is the issue, most people will be vaccinated by mid-May from what I see.

I wouldn’t go to do indoor touristy things. I would go to visit family or to go hiking or other outdoor (and probably outside the city) things.
:goodposting: I went on a trip skiing last month, and will be climbing later this month. In both cases everyone in my group was/will be fully vaccinated. Still, would not do crowded touristy stuff, except possibly eat in a well spaced restaurant or one with outdoor seating.

I went to Nashville after Christmas a few years ago, and the trip was one of the best I’ve had, despite my car breaking the day after we got there. The people were great, the food was also great, even the tourist stuff was awesome. The worst part was the temperature, but with how good it was anyway, I can only guess that Nashville when it’s warm is even better.

Once you are vaccinated, you have to go back to living your life. If you don't, you never will. Because it ain't going to get any better.

So my answer is the same as fatguy's above. Yes if vaccinated, no if not.
Agree - I’m not sure we get anywhere close to herd immunity through vaccines.  I do think keeping an eye on case counts and more importantly hospitalizations will be worthwhile but in two weeks when I’ll be two weeks post 2nd vaccine I will do pretty much anything.

i have my shots so if i had a reason to go i guess i would feel comfortable about my own safety but i have to confess that i do not have a good understanding of whether i can still be a carrier even though i am vaccinated i think the answer is yes and in that event then i do not know if i would feel comfortable possibly giving the virus to someone elses so i guess i dont honestly know and it would probably depend on why i was thinking of going take that to the bank bromigos 

If fully vaccinated, I wouldn't hesitate to go anywhere. But I would probably still wait awhile to go to larger cities until things have returned to normal, only because I think it would be a more enjoyable experience to visit those places without having to worry about masks and such. 

I visited Louisville, Dallas, Orlando, and Myrtle Beach LAST year.

I see no reason why I wouldn't visit Nashville this year.

Still, would not do crowded touristy stuff, except possibly eat in a well spaced restaurant or one with outdoor seating.
I know your background from the Covid threads, and was curious about your reasoning here (mine would be that crowded stuff would still involve masks). 

I have travelled at least once a month, since October. Been very conscientious and careful. Zero issues.

I get my 2nd shot Monday. I’m going to GA, Thursday. Getting vaccinated won’t change my approach. It will give me some piece of mind, which is nice. 

Probably not.  We're going to stay closer to the West Coast for the time being. 

The things we'd want to do there (music venues, museums, restaurants) are all indoors. I'd feel more comfortable waiting until later in the year to see how things develop.

As said already only if vaccinated.

The masking up and various rules in place really do take away a lot for me. Wouldn’t want to fly anywhere unless I really, really like the place. Then would depend what I’m doing there. If it’s about going to bars or restaurants would want to see how they are setting it up, probably will just wait. 

If it’s to go golfing and hit some outdoor beer gardens or some such outdoorsy stuff would be down for that and have done a couple of those trips throughout this.

Definitely, yes.  My wife and I are going to Boulder, CO in early June with my sister and her boyfriend.  This is mainly a hiking trip, but we've already decided that we're going to set aside at least one day for dumb touristy stuff like the Coors brewery.  The four of us are fully vaccinated now, so why not?

Huh. I just got my second shot days ago. I'd say probably not. I'm waiting until fall to resume activities to give us a shot at herd immunity. Don't even know what that entails or means, but it sounds good to me. 

I already live in the area, but the answer would be yes, as long as I knew things were open and I could do what I wanted. Was at a convention at the Opryland hotel a month ago and then took the family back there a couple weeks ago and spent the night on spring break. Had a blast. Kids went to the water park. 

Joe Bryant said:
Topic came up in another thread.

The world seems to be opening back up and people are talking about taking trips to visit towns.

Lots of good threads here center around the "what should I do when I visit ________"

For discussion, let's say Nashville, TN. 

Assuming you wanted to go and had the financial means and such, would you visit a town like Nashville in Mid May and do some of the pre covid normal stuff like visiting a restaurant or brewery or being downtown?

Also, do NOT turn this into a political thing. Take those to the Political Forum if you feel the need to do that. 
During the pandemic I've been to Louisville, KY / Asheville,NC / Knoxville, TN / Tampa, FL / Atlanta, GA before being vaccinated....  plus Playa Samara + Tamarindo + La Fortuna + Monteverde in Costa Rica after vaccination. 

Yep... no issues going to Gashville. 

Just be smart and distance, disinfect, and wear a mask. 

Thanks for the votes and replies. This went almost exactly as I thought it would. That's neither good nor bad, but about what I was expecting. 

I’m fully vaccinated and am willing to go anywhere in the US, with the exception that my wife (also fully vaccinated) and I recently canceled a trip to South Beach because there was an 8pm curfew. Now we weren’t planning on going to dance clubs until 2am or anything, but an 8pm curfew in South Beach does seem to defeat the purpose of the trip somewhat. Would rather be walking around or hanging at the beach than sitting in my hotel room every night. 

I havent stopped traveling, working, or going out one bit more than forced to.  Traveled to Florida, Utah and Montana last year. If the brew pub is open I'm going.   

I’m fully vaccinated and am willing to go anywhere in the US, with the exception that my wife (also fully vaccinated) and I recently canceled a trip to South Beach because there was an 8pm curfew. Now we weren’t planning on going to dance clubs until 2am or anything, but an 8pm curfew in South Beach does seem to defeat the purpose of the trip somewhat. Would rather be walking around or hanging at the beach than sitting in my hotel room every night. 
Honestly a couples vacation with an 8:00 curfew is like my ultimate dream.  "I want to go out and spend a bunch of money on stupid stuff!" "Sorry babe it's curfew we gotta head back to the hotel and have sex or else we will be arrested."

We visited smaller towns throughout the pandemic and have considered a trip to pigeon forge in June. We'd hit Nashville if we wanted to. Both wife and I are vaccinated. 

I owe my oldest son a trip to new Orleans. That one we might wait a little longer.

Kilgore Trout said:
I know your background from the Covid threads, and was curious about your reasoning here (mine would be that crowded stuff would still involve masks). 
I don’t like crowds. Especially crowds of tourists.

Seriously though, until we have good data on vaccine efficacy for some of the newer variants, it’s not a risk worth taking. As a healthcare provider I also have a responsibility to set an example for others.

Getting 2nd shot 4/19, so two weeks after that, I am up for anything, but as someone above noted, only if I dont have to wear a mask and things are as back to normal as possible

Sure, I'd go. Currently in AZ visiting the in-laws and have zero concerns about covid. They are vaccinated so I know we won't give it to them if we had it unknowingly (we still can't get it ourselves yet). Making sure they were vaccinated was really my only hesitation because I'd hate to give it to them. We haven't done anything indoors like restaurants or such, but have spent lots of rubber in their house and definitely spent tons of time at the pool and other outdoor activities. 

Users who are viewing this thread