What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The _______ 2000 (1 Viewer)

shuke

Black Ice Skeptic
Remember back in the 80's, it seemed there were hundreds of products with "2000" in the name to make them sound technologically advanced.  However I can't think of any.

Not sure why I'm wondering about this.

Funny you should mention. Every now and then I think of this Bugs Bunny cartoon.

First saw it as a kid in the '70s and seemed preposterous and scary how far away it was. And we're now well past it.

Last edited by a moderator:
20th Century Fox is still being used.
reminds me - in the 70s/80s there was a guy who owned a comic book shop in Santa Fe called 21st Century Fox and he copyrighted the name. it was kinda fun to watch him live as though, any time he wanted to, he could just call Hollywood and become rich as Croesus. i know he turned down almost a quarter million for it back then and that was a LOT of dough for nothin. guess they worked around him...

Remember back in the 80's, it seemed there were hundreds of products with "2000" in the name to make them sound technologically advanced.  However I can't think of any.

Not sure why I'm wondering about this.
Reminds me of watching Home Improvement as a kid.  Every tool Tim pulled out was a Binford 6100 something or other

Rolling Stones also want a word. 

2000 Man

Imagine a whole song rendered obsolete like Prince's, which wikkid already beat me to. 

I'm still amazed that the world didn't come crashing down....  :lol:

Some interesting notes in here, but not what I'm looking for.

Did I imagine this?  I swear it's all I saw on TV in the 80's.  Stuff like the Ronco Egg Poacher 2000.

Some interesting notes in here, but not what I'm looking for.

Did I imagine this?  I swear it's all I saw on TV in the 80's.  Stuff like the Ronco Egg Poacher 2000.
Yup I think it was just soap and some ####ty computer - great idea for a thread though.  :thumbup:

Gateway 2000

This was 1st computer I bought. A Pentium 66 with 19" monitor & a printer, mouse, keyboard. Cost about $5k IIRC. Came with a cow pattern mug and some hot chocolate. 

Encarta completely blew me away.

I feel like it was a movie/tv thing  as shorthand for something being futuristic. They would just add "2000" to the end of anything and conveyed a clear idea to everyone what that was. 

Come on dude I know you've got more. I've got a hankering here.
:shrug:  That's all I got.  The other things that pop into my mind came out in the late 90s, like SimCity 2000.  But I agree that there feels like there should be a lot more.

Users who are viewing this thread