What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

It's All About Spa-Mar (DelaToga?) Now Featuring Degen Bullrings For Your Disposable Income & Derision 🐎 (Missing GB MoCS) (5 Viewers)

I betting based on the evidence in 4.
5 scratches in the 4th  :excited:

how'd ya do on Flyin' Bryan?

dude was midpack in the stretch, with ZERO pace to close in to ... they let the 12 loose in 48.3 - the closing kick, into that sludge, was incredible ... can't believe he took that foto down - 12 was clear by a solid 3 mid stretch. 

5 scratches in the 4th  :excited:

how'd ya do on Flyin' Bryan?

dude was midpack in the stretch, with ZERO pace to close in to ... they let the 12 loose in 48.3 - the closing kick, into that sludge, was incredible ... can't believe he took that foto down - 12 was clear by a solid 3 mid stretch. 
I missed the race, but love the results. I'm surprised it closed at 6-1.

this 4 horse, Five Alarm Robin, catching my eye now ... broke maiden here at the Spa last year, at this same distance & surface - back class & figs are exemplary amongst this lot. 

2 & 4

big on Robin, bigger on Alba

the Pletcher coupled 1 entry in the next features my boy Arham, with the always interesting Ajaweed as the coupling ... this was a favorite play of mine for the day, but they are getting slammed right now (5/2 ml, currently even money).

gonna key 'em with 4,5,9 - try to catch some bingo in the tri - and i will hit hard in the place pool for the 1 entry.

the Pletcher coupled 1 entry in the next features my boy Arham, with the always interesting Ajaweed as the coupling ... this was a favorite play of mine for the day, but they are getting slammed right now (5/2 ml, currently even money).

gonna key 'em with 4,5,9 - try to catch some bingo in the tri - and i will hit hard in the place pool for the 1 entry.
4/9/10 ... gonna be a hell of a payout, but not for me (4th)

sitting out the 8th ...

will take half the days winnings and go on Pretty Birdie in the 9th (the Schuylerville).

will also key Birdie with the 2,4,8 for the tri. 

Del Mar opening day tomorrow.  Gearing up for 15 of my amigos tearing up where the turf meets the surf for 3 days the 2nd week of August. Such a phenomenal trip

Del Mar opening day tomorrow.  Gearing up for 15 of my amigos tearing up where the turf meets the surf for 3 days the 2nd week of August. Such a phenomenal trip
nice  :hifive:

Yellow Ribbon/Best Pal/La Jolla/Graduation are all being run on the 7th & 8th - you there for them, or showing up later?

nice  :hifive:

Yellow Ribbon/Best Pal/La Jolla/Graduation are all being run on the 7th & 8th - you there for them, or showing up later?
Will be there for races Thursday, Friday and Saturday.  Usually drive home (or take the Amtrak surfliner) Sunday am.  So think I miss the Yellow Ribbon.  Usually play DM online when I get home on Sunday

Will be there for races Thursday, Friday and Saturday.  Usually drive home (or take the Amtrak surfliner) Sunday am.  So think I miss the Yellow Ribbon.  Usually play DM online when I get home on Sunday
... that sounds too gorgeous for even Amtrak to muck up 😁

great racing there for ya - i'm sure it's highlight of the year. 

Del Mar Day! 

padded the acc't a tad last night, so there's a few extra shekels to plunk on the place where the surf meets the turf. 

gonna try the horizontals more today ... just starting to go over the card, and wanna stretch the variables in a different direction today. 

any horse that jumps out will get the 50/50/50 attention, as well as a single peg in the leg.

:coffee: 🐎 🚬

Del Mar Early Pick5

2,6,8/4,10/4,8/3,4,13/1,11

.50 = $36 

:deadhorse:

ETA: was leaning to singling the 8 in race 3, but gonna stick with said ticket ... wouldn't kill anyone who scaled back to that (single) - it looks damn good. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Spa - Race 1

scant field, gonna go with a 1/4 exacta - leaning 1 (coupled, i'm keying on Giralamo's Attack here) as the better play on top - sharp gate break could end this one early. 

ETA: Early Spa Pick3:

1,4/8/3,4,6

$1 = $6 layout

Spa - Race 1

scant field, gonna go with a 1/4 exacta - leaning 1 (coupled, i'm keying on Giralamo's Attack here) as the better play on top - sharp gate break could end this one early. 

ETA: Early Spa Pick3:

1,4/8/3,4,6

$1 = $6 layout

aIive to the 3,4,6 (<--- Irad/Pletcher)

$60, $63, $24

Del Mar Early Pick5

.50 = $36 

ETA: was leaning to singling the 8 in race 3, but gonna stick with said ticket ... wouldn't kill anyone who scaled back to that (single) - it looks damn good. 
For those that remember Walking Boot, who holds Authentic and Tizamagician (who's racing Sunday in the Gr III Cougar Stakes), he reports on facebook:

"My girl! Going to Vegas... part owner of this one too :) "

Spa - Race 5

going big on the 1 Violent Trick ATB.

tri-box key with 1 w/2,3,5

Spa - Race 5

going big on the 1 Violent Trick ATB.

tri-box key with 1 w/2,3,5

5 nosed it out: 5/1/8/2

place & show dough helped bigly ($5.30, $3.90)

down $123.

Spa - Race 6

going long on the #3 ATB, and tri box key w 2,5,7.

:popcorn:

ETA: let's go pick 3 starting here in race 6: 3,7/2,9,10/3,6

$1 =  $12 layout

5 nosed it out: 5/1/8/2

place & show dough helped bigly ($5.30, $3.90)

down $123.

Spa - Race 6

going long on the #3 ATB, and tri box key w 2,5,7.

ETA: let's go pick 3 starting here in race 6: 3,7/2,9,10/3,6

$1 =  $12 layout
:tumbleweed:

3 never lifted. 

7 takes it down, keeps me alive in the p3. 

marinating. 

Del Mar Early Pick5

.50 = $36 

got the 6 home in the first, at 5/1 

2 gets 'er done in the 7th 

ETA: incredible ride by Joel 

alive to #3 ($225), #6 ($59) last leg here in the 8th. 
6 got clipped by the 8 - ####in' hanger. 

yesterday? banner Spa day. 

today? not a banner Spa day. 

we marinate now on the Del Mar pick 5 - first one in. 

Del Mar Early Pick5

.50 = $36 

first leg in, 5/1

second leg - Prat, on the #10, is clipped in a ding-dong stretch duel with the 24-1 #3 horse ... the one time Prat gets nosed ... the #3 took it down. 

... but, wait - 10 minute stewards inquiry ... 3 comes down, 10 (7/2) is declared winner, and we alive heading into 3rd leg. 

Del Mar Early Pick5

.50 = $36 

the 8 brings it home in 3rd leg - shoulda singled  :kicksrock:

two to go 

Any early takes on tomorrow's Haskell?  Hot Rod Charlie is the 6-5 morning line chalk.
no whip rule in full effect at Monmouth this summer ... they saw an exodus of jocks, including the King of Oceanport, Jersey Joe Bravo, himself ... i haven't bothered with the jernt at all, the quality has taken a hit. 

tomorrow does usher in the "fixed odds" era down there, tho ... no more watching your 10-1 shot clicking down to 5/2 at the top of the stretch ... so it's got that going for it. 

i'm on Paco and MB tomorrow, if i had to ... Prat is riding in Del Mar today, gotta cross country trek to hop on Chuckie ... might not be much of a concern in the grand scheme, but i'll tilt to MB.  

Chuckie is a beast, though ... been 7 weeks since Big Sandy, but gotta wonder how much he was tapped in that epic battle ... him n' Prat may not be the freshest dancers at the Jersey Prom, so to speak. 

Users who are viewing this thread