What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

It's All About Spa-Mar (DelaToga?) Now Featuring Degen Bullrings For Your Disposable Income & Derision 🐎 (Missing GB MoCS) (1 Viewer)

Hoping Prat can get out front and steal this one against a talentless group of horses.   #10 has shown some good early speed and may get a good price off the fact that its done, well, nothing at all lately.   A little 10/1 box too.

the rover said:
Hoping Prat can get out front and steal this one against a talentless group of horses.   #10 has shown some good early speed and may get a good price off the fact that its done, well, nothing at all lately.   A little 10/1 box too.
Got $31 on a $5 WPS bet there.  With the lost $2 on the exacta that's +$14 betting on a crummy horse with the best rider in the field.  

On to the 7th.  5f on turf--my least favorite offering at DMR.   6 of these horses want to run on the lead.  I'm going with the two class horses coming off long layoffs.   Eddie Haskell and Commander Khai in some sort of exacta/trifecta combination that I'll figure out as I bet.   

oops, Haskell scratched.   Little Juanito has been bet down hard, but I'm going to add Bedrock because Cedillo only knows one way to ride and will probably be whipping him out of the gate, even though he's never shown early speed.   I think it helps.

Last second added Perfectionist, who returns to the turf after failing on the dirt against a softer field.   

2/3/7/9 $1 ex box for $12 total.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bah.  Little Juanito takes it late at 2-1 but I think Commander Khai held on for 2nd at 7-1, so looks like about +$5.  Creeping up there.  May win $25 by the end of the day.

No way I can see to beat Freedom Fighter, so going with a 3/8/all tri and hoping for a bomb in third.

Paco Lopez and Midnight Bourboun could have been seriously injured because Flavien Prat couldn't go to the whip to correct HRC when he started drifting.   Monmouth should be shut down.

Paco Lopez and Midnight Bourboun could have been seriously injured because Flavien Prat couldn't go to the whip to correct HRC when he started drifting.   Monmouth should be shut down.
Yeah really stupid rule. A lot of Jocks boycotted Monmouth due to that including Joe Bravo.

Also, if you watch the replay you'll see Mandaloun also drift out from the rail about 6 feet or so. It was a "Perfect Storm" that Midnight Bourboun ran into.

The "Malachi Crunch" is an old school "Happy Days" reference. Youtube has a few videos of the "Happy Days" episodes of the infamous demolition derby's.

otb_lifer said:
no whip rule in full effect at Monmouth this summer ... they saw an exodus of jocks, including the King of Oceanport, Jersey Joe Bravo, himself ... i haven't bothered with the jernt at all, the quality has taken a hit.
Prat had this to say

was enjoying the expected stretch battle between the 3 La. Derby cats (one of the strongest preps in memory), when Paco goes head over teats - knew right away Chuckie was coming down - was fait accompli the second they clipped hooves - you can't go through all the safety gymnastics they have and then leave Chuckie up as winner with the yuuuge exposure the Haskell gets.  

Paco supposedly ok, and will be taking his mounts today, from what i've gathered ... MB galloped out, so - we'll see how sound he emerged some time today. 

won't bother to watch another second outta Monmouth - and that blows ... love the biases that track can exhibit as we hit the dead of summer - but it's over for me. 

the Travers is gonna be stacked this year, but it's gonna be hard to lay off Chuckster - he always runs his race ... as even keeled a boss as we've seen lately.  

tl;dr: hey, Monmouth - GFY!  :bye:

Ouch...4/5...Nice call on Matty’s Express.💰
####in' YODA in the second 86'd this mutha before it could pick up steam ... wasn't buying his favoritism at all - and there ya go. 

made some nice gains with the rest, that 9/9/9 p3 was a nice saver - Matty bagged me a top notch finish, as i laid the 7 in the final leg. 

Spa - Early Pick5

2,5/8,11,13/2,3,6/1,2,7/2,7

.50 = $54

maddening sequence here - includes 2 baby MSW, with a 90k turf allowance sprinkled in (3rd race), where i'm laying off the favorite #1 - really digging the #6 in that leg, Irad/Rudy hitting close to 25% for this condition. 

it's the Spa ... deep and competitive each time out - my 'capping falls on that lot, though - gotta swing for them today.  

:deadhorse:

Del Mar - Early Pick5

1,7/1,5/7,8/8/2,5,8

HATE singling chalk, but i can't talk myself outta the #8, Sally Stanford - her speed dwarfs the lot who have run, so unless one of the first time starters (4,7,10) run out their cotdamn minds (and nothing from their barns suggest this happening), it's gotta be a single. 

ETA: .50 = $12, i'm going a buck for $24

Spa - Early Pick5

.50 = $54

maddening sequence here - includes 2 baby MSW, with a 90k turf allowance sprinkled in (3rd race), where i'm laying off the favorite #1 - really digging the #6 in that leg, Irad/Rudy hitting close to 25% for this condition. 

it's the Spa ... deep and competitive each time out - my 'capping falls on that lot, though - gotta swing for them today.  

3rd) - 9 coming off a loss as the fave with no room to run in the stretch 

3rd) - 9 coming off a loss as the fave with no room to run in the stretch 
wasn't jazzed about 2 of the last 3 burning coin as fave ... Clement gotta show me more up there  - if i'm out after first 2 legs, i'll look into maybe tossing it underneath on the verticals for that one.

btw, does anybody here use bet365?  i hear tell that they paid off Chuckie's punters yesterday - DQ be damned, and all that.

nice.  

anybody? Bueller?

Spa - Early Pick5

.50 = $54

#2 scratches outta race 1, and #5 only musters 3rd. 

we out. 

8,11,13 all scratched for race 2 - weather up there has 'em off turf 

so gonna pivot- gimme 6 key box w/ 3,5,7 tri

#2 scratches outta race 1, and #5 only musters 3rd. 

we out. 

8,11,13 all scratched for race 2 - weather up there has 'em off turf 

so gonna pivot- gimme 6 key box w/ 3,5,7 tri
6/15/7/5/3

i tossed the 15 ... didn't love a Rice turfer having to go in the muck ... ####### IRAD crashing my ####

loving the 2 and 7 in race 4 ... but that 6 horse looks tough in this condition. 

will try to beat him with those two. 

loving the 2 and 7 in race 4 ... but that 6 horse looks tough in this condition. 

will try to beat him with those two. 
2 starts race at 5/2 ... gate springs, and it moves to 2/1 ... blowing the field away by open lengths in the stretch and now we're 9/5  :lmao:

win is a win, but holy ####

Race 5

love the 2 here, and the 7 scratched ... we can't ignore a hot Irad on the 5 

gonna go 2 as the atb wager, with 2 over 1,5,6/1,5,6 tri 

box it back if you are feeling the Irad mojo  :boxing:

ETA: taking closer look at that 6 horse, gotta get it in here ...

2 w 1,5,6/1,5,6 

Woodbine pick of the day ... race 6 coming up, i'm getting on the #3 IRONSTONE

nudged by a nose here at same (MSW 127k) last out ... he gets an extra panel today to chomp on - ml 6/1 ... currently sitting at 10/1. 

Woodbine pick of the day ... race 6 coming up, i'm getting on the #3 IRONSTONE

nudged by a nose here at same (MSW 127k) last out ... he gets an extra panel today to chomp on - ml 6/1 ... currently sitting at 10/1. 
9/5 Churchill shipper cooked him on the front - better days ahead for him. 

Colonial Downs - Early Pick3

opening day down there, some robust fields, and decent purses 👍

gonna go light here to kick off - economic enuff with a possible nice yield if we can keep the dead chalk outta the winner's circle in the final leg (i'm tossing him, it's the 1 horse).

2,8/5,14/4,6

$1 = $8

... for you tightwad bastidz, the fitty version runs ya $4

otb_lifer said:
SPA - Early Pick3

(races 2-4, 1st race today be the jumpers)

6/9/3

$10

1st leg came in

2nd leg had a very weak odds on fave, knew it was gonna flop - the 9 has been on a nice improve, and i figures it had the speed to clear - but it was beaten to the punch by the 8, who cut it off, and subsequently wired 'em. 

so, going heavy atb on the #3 for race 4. 

:boxing:

🐎

Spa - Early Pick5

Races 2-6 (1st race are the jumpers, not playing)

3,6/2/1,4,7/3,9,10/1,3,10

.50 = $27

linchpin here is the 2 in second leg ... think she can get out and wire this lot (C'MON IRAD!)

though i do tend to shy away from Rice on the dirt, the scratch of Violent Trick outta this one opens up the engine, and i can't see Sirenic (the #2) not gunning outta there to a comfy lead. 

Spa - Race 4

50 atb on the #1 Courageous Girl - getting some much needed class relief here for Jose/Donk, and speed figs are exemplary for this group. 

wheel 1 over 4,7 exacta 

I don't see anyone beating the 3/5 favorite in the 5th and can't really figure out a way to make money on this race, so I'm wheeling it in an exacta, hoping for something 10-1 to come in second, and I'll make slightly more than nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread