What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

It's All About Spa-Mar (DelaToga?) Now Featuring Degen Bullrings For Your Disposable Income & Derision 🐎 (Missing GB MoCS) (3 Viewers)

As far as Baffert goes, having all the attention on 2 of the favorites isn't a a bad thing for the rest of the field.
his ml 9/5, pt 2/1 fave just bombed the #### OUT in the Suze - don't even think she hit the super. 

ETA: finished 7th

he's not there in person at all this weekend. 

Last edited by a moderator:
As of 5.14.21 @6:15 p.m.

Ram12-1

Keepmeinmind10-1

Medina Spirit3-1

Crowded Trade7-1

Midnight Bourbon5-2

Rombauer11-1

France Go de Ina18-1

Unbridled Honor13-1

Risk Taking16-1

Concert Tour4-1

well, in terms of recouping any coin from their official bets on the Derby, they are SOL - that ship sails once the race is deemed "official" - 

the only recourse here is via lawsuit(s) - and away we go!

wonder how much this story is gonna tilt the split sample to come back favorably for Baffert ... i'd say this lawsuit all but clinches his vindication. 
Can’t imagine these guys have a prayer.  

Can’t imagine these guys have a prayer.  

it's about all they have 🙏

As of 5.14.21 @6:15 p.m.

Ram12-1

Keepmeinmind10-1

Medina Spirit3-1

Crowded Trade7-1

Midnight Bourbon5-2

Rombauer11-1

France Go de Ina18-1

Unbridled Honor13-1

Risk Taking16-1

Concert Tour4-1
will pays for the Suze/Preak have MB at $23, CT at $30, MS at $33 

mirrors the above - can it be that MS actually winds up as ... value? 

:coffee:

first of the card is roughly 90 minutes away ... Hozier is ml 2/5 favorite for that one - this cat was a strong 2nd to CT in the Rebel, but then finished last of 6 at the Arky. 

Joel up, this is the clear class of the field - the Baffert barn needs this one in a big way after the spectacular filly flop in the Suze yesterday to quell the "SEE?!? HE CAN'T WIN WITHOUT CHEATING!!1!" cabal. 

if Hozier somehow (inexplicably) blows a bag of Richards in the opener, they just may be on to something, and it could sway punters away form the Bafferts in a very big way  - he has no other entries on the (kinda ####ty) card other than the Preakness. 

first of the card is roughly 90 minutes away ... Hozier is ml 2/5 favorite for that one - this cat was a strong 2nd to CT in the Rebel, but then finished last of 6 at the Arky. 

Joel up, this is the clear class of the field - the Baffert barn needs this one in a big way after the spectacular filly flop in the Suze yesterday to quell the "SEE?!? HE CAN'T WIN WITHOUT CHEATING!!1!" cabal. 

if Hozier somehow (inexplicably) blows a bag of Richards in the opener, they just may be on to something, and it could sway punters away form the Bafferts in a very big way  - he has no other entries on the (kinda ####ty) card other than the Preakness. 
Yes, when linking the Baffart races, I noticed only R1 and R13. That's a long break.

Yes, when linking the Baffart races, I noticed only R1 and R13. That's a long break.
the card is ... lacking, to put it mildly. 

the Belmont undercard is gonna be so much better.

i will sit the warmups out today - only interested in seeing how the track bias is trending - inside was the place to be yesterday, well trodden winners path. 

... aaand Hozier goes down in a foto finish. 

the lone speed of the race, the #3, threw his jock out the gate, relegating this to a robust 4 horse affair - that's how we start Preakness Day!

the #1, King Cheek, took control - Hozier seemingly put him away top of the stretch, but - WAIT - here comes ol' King Cheek right back, took the fave's measure by a head. 

and away we go.

:deadhorse:

I made some dumb bets...little bit on each below to WIN:

Crowded Trade

Midnight Bourbon 

Concert Tour

Risk Taking

Hit a nice exacta with a 25-1 shot on top at Santa Anita yesterday so have some extra play money to take some shots today.  Hadn't thought of track bias too much but would love to toss Concert Tour if he breaks a step slow and can't get to the front.  Parked to the outside wouldn't be good for him

Didn't make it to the track but didn't have a compelling feelong about today.  Guy on the radio said 2-3-5-9 which sorta meshes with the thread so I woulda boxed em up for 50c tri and dollat exacta.  And then I'd have done $5 atb on the 2.  Let's see if I saved $39 or will have some regerts today.

:deadhorse:

-QG

going with the #6 in race 12 - off lasix today, looking for a move up from last under Prat on the cabbage

11-1 atm 

anything will be better than last - i'm ice 🧊 cold

stumbled out the gate - be advised 
💉

No real value but after seeing Irad break in that last race I'm going to key Midnight Bourbon.  I think he understands the way the track is playing.  Got the 8 out of there fast.  Otherwise is was the inside horses running.  I hope he breaks MB 10X better than Mike Smith did in the Derby and Concert Tour doesn't get out there.  Probably will do a pretty big box with MB and Medina Spirit but I'm also going to play MB with some of the longshots that aren't hung up outside in case Medina Spirit really needed that ointment

No real value but after seeing Irad break in that last race I'm going to key Midnight Bourbon.  I think he understands the way the track is playing.  Got the 8 out of there fast.  Otherwise is was the inside horses running.  I hope he breaks MB 10X better than Mike Smith did in the Derby and Concert Tour doesn't get out there.  Probably will do a pretty big box with MB and Medina Spirit but I'm also going to play MB with some of the longshots that aren't hung up outside in case Medina Spirit really needed that ointment
MB has the dream draw/pace scenario ... absolutely ZERO excuses for him today. 

Asmussen would not be running this cat back in 2 weeks lest he saw something that said "GO!"

only time he missed the board in 7 starts was the Derby - and he availed himself nicely enough to come up to 6th. 

he is the drama free snag today. 

CT has his work cut out - dunno if he can cross clean, and if he doesn't - i'm pretty sure he can't rate for ####. 

ONLY caveat is BB skipping Churchill 'cuz he aimed here - tough ####### nut to crack. 

going with the #6 in race 12 - off lasix today, looking for a move up from last under Prat on the cabbage

11-1 atm 

anything will be better than last - i'm ice 🧊 cold

💉
2nd. 

look, i love Prat ... but that was a horse#### ride. 

this #6 shoulda had it. 

$15.00 trifecta

No good reason just hoping for an upset and a bigger payday. I put $25 in my Twinspires account last race. Alive in the pick 3 to the 4,5,9,10 and the 10 in the last. 

If I hit I’ll keep it up at Los Alamitos and the Meadowlands later. Good luck to everyone wagering. 

ms and mb...both about equal money bet to win....BUT   500k bet to place on ms  vs 700k  on mb......  show bets are reversed....   590k on ms  vs 420k  on mb  .....  Seems weird...what to make of this and is there some way to use this info to make better bets assuming  you like the 2 horses equal?   So people like mb to place but ms  to show.... weord

ms and mb...both about equal money bet to win....BUT   500k bet to place on ms  vs 700k  on mb......  show bets are reversed....   590k on ms  vs 420k  on mb  .....  Seems weird...what to make of this and is there some way to use this info to make better bets assuming  you like the 2 horses equal?   So people like mb to place but ms  to show.... weord
can only speak for myself but maybe MS is only slightly affected by drug / turn around and good enough to place / show.

So if there's no issue with the sample MS woulda been like even money right?

Feels like 5/2 is a pretty good price for him.

-QG

I love trying to make plays based on the underneath pools but never seems to work out 😕

Maybe people are making more purposeful bets on MB as the 2nd choice but not quite confident of whether they can beat out MS.  Maybe there's just more ATB action on MS.

Maybe it's a handful of big bets tipping the totals?

I just hope next time I at the track there's the fun of a bridge jumper show bet to go against in the hope of a big payout :)

-QG

Users who are viewing this thread