What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

It's All About Spa-Mar (DelaToga?) Now Featuring Degen Bullrings For Your Disposable Income & Derision 🐎 (Missing GB MoCS) (3 Viewers)

so, we know we're gonna hear it ... 

Baffert had the fave in the Suze - she finished 7th, attended the pace for a sip o'coffee, then bubkis - think the few behind her were put down on the track - DEAD ####### money. 

kicks off today's card with 3/5 Hozier, who ran respectable enough over the preps ... he overtakes a horse in the stretch, then gets passed by the same horse at the line ... is this the trotters? 🤔

PREAKNESS - not a reach at all to portend CT folding like a ####### Walmart poker table - but, seriously ... where the #### was he?

Medina? as i said earlier, maybe another "rub" on his psoriasis helps him stay UP today ... this was not a murderer's row - his form should've taken their measure. 

has the veil been lifted? 

btw, RYW will demolish this crew rolling in to my home track - calling 4 lengths right now. 

fight me on this 

:boxing:

####'s over ... playing for spoils. 

just hit the daily double and exacta on the SA 10th.   6.5f maiden.  winner was second by a length and a half to RYW in his debut.  made for an easy call. 

only question is the start.  when he got bumped he never recovered
20 horse field at Belmont? 

no.

i'd expect 12 (14 is max).

not concerned at all. 

he's ready for this, ANY plus odds will be a ####### gift. 

i've seen enough outta this crop, nobody lays a glove on this cat.  

Damn wish I had some time to check I to this thread today.  Had no 6 on top, a few people being on it may have got me to reconsider 

20 horse field at Belmont? 

no.

i'd expect 12 (14 is max).

not concerned at all. 

he's ready for this, ANY plus odds will be a ####### gift. 

i've seen enough outta this crop, nobody lays a glove on this cat.  
if he can run like he did in the SA Derby, i agree.  but i threw a lot of money his way at Churchill Downs, and i don't remember him getting a call.  

so, we know we're gonna hear it ... 

Baffert had the fave in the Suze - she finished 7th, attended the pace for a sip o'coffee, then bubkis - think the few behind her were put down on the track - DEAD ####### money. 

kicks off today's card with 3/5 Hozier, who ran respectable enough over the preps ... he overtakes a horse in the stretch, then gets passed by the same horse at the line ... is this the trotters? 🤔

PREAKNESS - not a reach at all to portend CT folding like a ####### Walmart poker table - but, seriously ... where the #### was he?

Medina? as i said earlier, maybe another "rub" on his psoriasis helps him stay UP today ... this was not a murderer's row - his form should've taken their measure. 

has the veil been lifted? 
It’s karma or worse.....

if he can run like he did in the SA Derby, i agree.  but i threw a lot of money his way at Churchill Downs, and i don't remember him getting a call.  
my drunken hubris last night was having no ill speaking of my boy RYW 😁

now, sobering up over some joe, sure ... anything can happen - he can very easily get bullied, even in a smaller field - but i still don't see him troubled at all if he breaks clean.  he will cruise this oval. 

will be much more robust field than yesterday's Preakness - let's face it: that was a #### bunch - i did offer that MB might be the best, but that is a stretch ... i guess the public wisened up by fading the BB's - they had the right idea 💡 record handle registered yesterday, to boot. 

Belmont will be rockin' in 3 weeks ... RYW will take the great majority of the buzz, and should be installed as ml favorite. 

pretty sure we'll hear of the MS test fail some time this week - best to get it out the way as early as possible ... no TC on the line any longer, so let it fly - enough time to regroup for Big Sandy. 

wouldn't expect MS and CT to ship here - BB just may lay low for awhile. 

anyways, congrats again to you and all else who scored - i did turn a meager $46 profit thanks to the MB key tri - but the single stabs of him on top sunk the rest ... Rombo and the ECR Derby cred (6 of 40) deserved this one. 

Rombo bags a cool 102 bsf for his effort - only 4 hit the c-note during Preak Week, his was the highest (other 3 all at an even100 - all sprints, one on the spinach).

Army Wife ran an 86 in the Suze.

:coffee:

Rombo bags a cool 102 bsf for his effort - only 4 hit the c-note during Preak Week, his was the highest (other 3 all at an even100 - all sprints, one on the spinach).

Army Wife ran an 86 in the Suze.

:coffee:
i actually had Rombo stored in me gulliver for Big Sandy when he showed he could stalk in the BlueGrass, but i stone agree RYW should use his run-all-day controlling speed to full advantage in the NYC Oncearound Stakes

ETA: just turned out that the speed looked good to spit & quit (or chase butterflies wide - after his TC showings, i'm afraid it's time for my lil pal Mikey to hang up the tack) which made Rombo a logical choice in a race where the cloudrunner is never the logical choice.

Last edited by a moderator:
i actually had Rombo stored in me gulliver for Big Sandy when he showed he could stalk in the BlueGrass, but i stone agree RYW should use his run-all-day controlling speed to full advantage in the NYC Oncearound 
he eill be tested by the best in this crop, no doubt - Pletcher owns this mutha, and both Known Agenda and Malathaat are probables for Belmont - they are the only worries, imo ... the champ filly moreso - but i have yet to see anyone this season who can run with RYW once he's in full cruise control.  

ETA: just turned out that the speed looked good to spit & quit (or chase butterflies wide - after his TC showings, i'm afraid it's time for my lil pal Mikey to hang up the tack) which made Rombo a logical choice in a race where the cloudrunner is never the logical choice.
MB blew his big chance ... all credit to Rombo/Prat - that race was begging to be won by a chaser - it looked inevitable from jump.  

Smiffy has had as great a run as we've seen, but ... Father Time is still undefeated. 

i agree with you.

otb_lifer said:
Smiffy has had as great a run as we've seen, but ... Father Time is still undefeated. 
harda believe it's 39 years, almost to the day, since i gave Mikey an actual leg up on one of our horses in his 2nd wk as a bug @ Santa Fe Downs. the Downs exists no mo, barely do i........much love & respect, young Mr. Smith, but it's time to detwixt da bit from yo teef.

I don't think RYW goes off as the favorite in the Belmont.  It will be Essential Quality and Rombauer if he goes and Hot Rod Charlie will be lower than RYW too.  The way Rombauer rated close and finished screams Belmont.  Yes, RYW could have controlling speed.  But he failed miserably shipping and it's not as if Sadler has any track record in the triple crown.  Plus, you never know if a horse will like Big Sandy.  Killed many a front running speed before.  So if you like him, and if he goes, I think you get a fair price on RYW. Is he even committed?

Here's what DRF had to say about Derby runners going to the Belmont

The Belmont is expected to draw several horses from the Kentucky Derby. Hot Rod Charlie (3rd), Essential Quality (4th) Known Agenda (9th), Bourbonic (13th), Brooklyn Strong (15th) and Rock Your World (17th) are all under strong consideration

*neat aside 

Chan"tail" is back riding down Gulfstream ... just hit a nice tri led by her ride on the 4 horse ... don't think she's missing Smiffy too much these days. 

also a Rajiv Maragh sighting, riding for his wife (she trained his mount 😁)

pick 6 at SA today is a mandatory payout with a pool in the 7 figures.  scratched out a $200 bet on the back of a bar napkin over breakfast.  hope the gambling gods are still listening.

pick 6 at SA today is a mandatory payout with a pool in the 7 figures.  scratched out a $200 bet on the back of a bar napkin over breakfast.  hope the gambling gods are still listening.
When it comes to ROI, maybe the best bet one can make at the track. Just because I've never hit one of these doesn't make me wrong.

I don't think RYW goes off as the favorite in the Belmont.  It will be Essential Quality and Rombauer if he goes and Hot Rod Charlie will be lower than RYW too.  The way Rombauer rated close and finished screams Belmont.  Yes, RYW could have controlling speed.  But he failed miserably shipping and it's not as if Sadler has any track record in the triple crown.  Plus, you never know if a horse will like Big Sandy.  Killed many a front running speed before.  So if you like him, and if he goes, I think you get a fair price on RYW. Is he even committed?
 as my post from this morning pointed out, lotta liquor fueled bits from me last night. he prolly won't be fave, and i will get a fair price on the best horse for the course. 

all i know is i'll empty my gots on him on June 5th ... none of that crew we've seen already can match his top - it's an easy bet for me, and i rarely make straight WIN bets in the TC races ... but i can just see him sweeping around that big ol' oval like he owns the effin' jernt. 

flag. planted. 

if i go down with the good ship Sadler, so be it - i've lost/been wrong before ... one more time won't kill me. 

... but he's winning ✌

sorry 5 runners.  anyone wants to sweat it i have 2-5 and 9

won but it only paid 267
If it's any consolation I put together a $350 or so ticket and woulda had 5 out of 6.  Only played 3 including the Baffert 2 in the maiden race that Callaghan and Rispoli won.  Glad I didn't bet it. Chalky day

how it's shaping up thus far:

Probable: Weyburn, Chuckie, France Go, Rebel's Romance, Rombo.

Possible: MB, KMiM, Promise Keeper, Mal, RYW, KA, EQ, Brooklyn Strong.

- if they all show up that's an even baker's dozen for the gate (max is 14).

Promise Keeper is one of 3 Pletcher possibles, on the list after taking the Peter Pan on 5/8. 

he rated from 2nd as long as the engine lasted, then outdueled Nova Rags (Union Rags) in the stretch.

modest pace for that one, but he ran the kinda race that usually yields money results out here in these routed Stakes affairs.  so he has that going for him, at least. 

he's come a long way from finishing dead last in a very weak TB Derby ... Pletcher tossed him in an AlwOC at Keeneland a month later, that win set him up for the PP.

hasn't been a winner outta there since Tonalist in '14, though ... matter of fact, the winners have not fared well at all - Tonalist is the only one i can recall over the past 20 or so. 

i was hoping my Helium - who broke sharp in the Derby & the boy didnt know what to do with it since his stablemate was sposeta be the rabbit, so he wore him out rank on the bit - might get another holler, but i guess they all gone back to Canada

i was hoping my Helium - who broke sharp in the Derby & the boy didnt know what to do with it since his stablemate was sposeta be the rabbit, so he wore him out rank on the bit - might get another holler, but i guess they all gone back to Canada
he recently fired a very nice :48 4f work, and will next be seen in the GIII Winn at Churchill on 5/29 ... our ol' buddies Super Stock and (the withering) Caddoo also on tap for that one - it's the "B" squad of the crop, but a very intriguing betting race.  

Fried Rice

she was absolute money in turf sprints up here - legit cash cow. 

... welp, now we know part of the reason why  :deadhorse:

gotta think this is gonna step up in light of the BB pinch.

Fried Rice

she was absolute money in turf sprints up here - legit cash cow. 

... welp, now we know part of the reason why  :deadhorse:

gotta think this is gonna step up in light of the BB pinch.
"As Clean And Clear As A Day Of Cycling" doesn't have quite the same hook as "Go, Baby, Go," does it? 

Lied Rice. 

most action in one day from the NYRA since they switched to ice from urinal cakes at Aqueduct. 
Christmas.  :lmao:

NTRA Top 3-Year-Old Thoroughbred Poll
Rank, Horse, Points (first-place votes)
1. Rombauer    311 (7)
2. Essential Quality     298 (13)
3. Mandaloun     281 (7)
4. Hot Rod Charlie     236
5. Medina Spirit     221 (8)
6. Midnight Bourbon     204
7. Malathaat     202 (2)
8. Jackie's Warrior     74
9. Life Is Good     55 (1)
10. Rock Your World     54

Official Belmont Stakes Odds from US Racing

2021 Belmont Stakes Odds

Horses - Belmont Stakes - To Win - Jun 05

Belmont Stakes - To Win

American Odds/Fractional Odds

Essential Quality +300 3/1

Rombauer +300 3/1

Hot Rod Charlie +600 6/1

Midnight Bourbon +600 6/1

Malathaat +600 6/1

Rock Your World +800 8/1   :pickle:

Known Agenda +800 8/1

Keepmeinmind +1200 12/1

Promise Keeper +1400 14/1

Rebel's Romance +1600 16/1

Weyburn +2000 20/1

France Go De Ina +3300 33/1

Brooklyn Strong +5000 50/1

Updated May 18, 2021 12:30:07.

Malathaat OUT 

Pletcher points her towards the American Oaks, on 7/24 at the Spa - then on to the Alabama (8/24, Spa) ... the plan for BC weekend is currently the distaff. 

looks like she'll stay in her lane rest of the 3 y.o. season   :kicksrock:

Users who are viewing this thread