What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

It's All About Spa-Mar (DelaToga?) Now Featuring Degen Bullrings For Your Disposable Income & Derision 🐎 (Missing GB MoCS) (2 Viewers)

otb_lifer said:
Spa - Race 5

the #11 & #12 are the only 2 to have navigated the slop previously ... lean to the 12, who was narrowly beaten by a head in his mucky race - gotta run 'em given these conditions. 
I have to say it's a bummer to look up every other day at Saratoga and see muddy/sealed + off turf.  You know how many times that I can remember that happening in my lifetime at Del Mar? Zero. Maybe I won't move from CA after all.

I have to say it's a bummer to look up every other day at Saratoga and see muddy/sealed + off turf.  You know how many times that I can remember that happening in my lifetime at Del Mar? Zero. Maybe I won't move from CA after all.

tbh, it's been a very uninspiring meet thus far - still featuring the cream of the game's crop, sure - but it's been a big ball of "MEH" - the weather is worst i can recall, upstate is a soggy mess this year  :shrug:

all that aside, even the annual Crown Jewel of the early meet, the Jim Dandy, has only attracted a field of six (that is Santa Anita level 😁). 

it has star power, what with the return of Essential Quality, but the only other TC pafticipant entered is Keepmeinmind.  Derby Trail ne'er do well Weyburn also in the field, but, man - guess we wait for the Travers and the Haskell refugees to really see where the division stands. 

i'm hearing that Life Is Good is training lights the #### OUT, and has a very good shot to hit the gate for the Midsummer's Derby ... shaping up as a jam packed affair, and some very capable horses are gonna be sitting at very nice prices.

ETA: more soggy conditions expected for today - OFF TURF. 

Last edited by a moderator:
... just had a peek in  :unsure:

quag·mire

/ˈkwaɡˌmī(ə)r/

noun

a soft boggy area of land that gives way underfoot.

"torrential rain turned the building site into a quagmire"

🎵 hello GulPstream/my old friend/i've come to plunk on you again 🎵

Gulfstream - Early P5

1*,2

2*

1,5,6,7*

6,7,8,9*

3*,5

.50 = $32

* denotes my win/atb choice. 

92°, 70% hummiddidity

been a minute since i played this circuit, be advised. 

welp, at least it ain't rain, but it sure as hell is Swamp A$$ conditions - gonna be a ton of foamy coats on that feed. 

:deadhorse:

hfs ... i forgot how chalky Gulpy speed can play - even money winners in first two, with the 7 in the second pulling a Secretariat  :lol:

Gulpy P3 

starting race 3

3,7/9/3,5

$1 = $4

really loving that 9 in race 4 - will be emptying the ever dwindling day's roll on that one. 

Got a tip from a twitter group I'm in on the 8th at Ellis Park.  Ended up paying pretty well.   Next time I'll post it.  I almost never pay attention to those guys.

I've been up and down this week but what the hell. 

Warren's Candy Girl (#3) in the 1st at DMR.   ATB and wheel the exacta and hope for a bomb.   

I've been up and down this week but what the hell. 

Warren's Candy Girl (#3) in the 1st at DMR.   ATB and wheel the exacta and hope for a bomb.   
paid $59.10 on $24 worth of bets.

5f on turf baby race is my absolute unfavorite race and I don't see anything special (Prat and Rispoli's mounts both scratched, too), so I'm going with Candy on Top at 6-1.  Pfyfer's been riding well and it has sharp works.   

What the hell.   Take $14 of the 1st race winnings and key box it in the exacta.   

paid $59.10 on $24 worth of bets.

5f on turf baby race is my absolute unfavorite race and I don't see anything special (Prat and Rispoli's mounts both scratched, too), so I'm going with Candy on Top at 6-1.  Pfyfer's been riding well and it has sharp works.   

What the hell.   Take $14 of the 1st race winnings and key box it in the exacta.   
I do like me some Twirling Candy 

Pfyfer had enough horse but got pinched on the rail.  Even with having to pull up and switch to the outside, she still almost got up into the money.   Can't stick around for the replay so I don't know if it was bad luck or a bad ride.

Good luck.

Spa - The Jim Dandy 

the "graveyard of champions", eh?

Essential Quality returns for this one, full 7 weeks removed from his impressive Belmont score - ml 1/2 favorite, expect that to get hammered down a bit more, and for bridge jumpers the world over to convene on that "SHOW" wager. 

scant 6 horse field, but a couple in here catching my eye as possible upset winners if the circuit lives up to it's moniker. 

#2 Masqueparade took down the Ohio Derby last out, in a very contentious stretch battle - horse was not gonna be denied - his form coming in is top notch, and this is one i expect to be sitting off the pace setter with EQ ... what he does coming home among this class is a question he obviously needs to answer - he'll be alive for a piece, can't see him not being a factor deep into this one. 

#3 Weyburn dueled toe to toe with Mandaloun last time out in the Pegasus at Monmouth - i called him the "Derby Trail ne'er do well" earlier, was a ton of hype around this cat ... then he bombed in the Wood, and was yanked off the trail - was slated for the Peter Pan, but some training issues derailed that - so it was the Pegasus 5 weeks ago as his return (2 months on the bench), and he showed out well vs a very highly regarded (default KDerby winner?) part of that fantastic La. Derby crop. 

Mandaloun got pinched out the break, dropped back of the pack ... Weyburn rated off the pace, then opened up past the half ... Mandaloun got underway, and inhaled both Dr Jack (also running today) and Weyburn - Mandy looked clear in the stretch, but Weyburn roared back, after apparently left for dead - tbh, i gotta hunch that if they had a stick to use, he would've been urged home over Mandy.  cat was digging down, and he battled back like a champ. 

his works coming in here have been phenomenal - he is poised for a big one today - would not be surprised to see Irad/Jerkens point him straight to the lead, trying to steal this one. 

would be remiss if i didn't mention my ol' buddy, the #4 Keepmeinmind - ran to his usual deep close schtick last out, finishing 3rd behind Masqueparade in that Ohio Derby, but it was really 4 across the line ... if we get a hot pace, we know the drill - added bonus of Joel up on him today, he's been riding extremely well up at the soggy Spa - star of the meet thus far, imo. 

just took a glance over Dër Bingele today at Del Mar (race 10).

GI SPRINT ACTION!

Collusiin Illusion looks to repeat, but i have my eye on #3 CZ Rocket 🚀

had a disappointing last outing as the chalk down at Lone Star - sloppy track, stretching out to 1m - just wasn't in the cards, 2nd place finish.

dials back today, and i love that Florent is parachuting in for this mount - 5/2 ml is way too good to pass up. 

- another interesting cat is the #5 Quick Tempo (how can ya not love that for a sprinter) - he's been bouncing all over the continent, showing versatility and resilience - recently turned in a scorching :34 3f work ... is this a ####in' qtr horse? my boy Umberto in them irons 🇮🇹

i'll box 'em up, looking to derail Team Glatt, out where the surf meets ... the turf. 

Spa - The Jim Dandy 

the "graveyard of champions", eh?

Essential Quality returns for this one, full 7 weeks removed from his impressive Belmont score - ml 1/2 favorite, expect that to get hammered down a bit more, and for bridge jumpers the world over to convene on that "SHOW" wager. 

scant 6 horse field, but a couple in here catching my eye as possible upset winners if the circuit lives up to it's moniker. 

#2 Masqueparade took down the Ohio Derby last out, in a very contentious stretch battle - horse was not gonna be denied - his form coming in is top notch, and this is one i expect to be sitting off the pace setter with EQ ... what he does coming home among this class is a question he obviously needs to answer - he'll be alive for a piece, can't see him not being a factor deep into this one. 

#3 Weyburn dueled toe to toe with Mandaloun last time out in the Pegasus at Monmouth - i called him the "Derby Trail ne'er do well" earlier, was a ton of hype around this cat ... then he bombed in the Wood, and was yanked off the trail - was slated for the Peter Pan, but some training issues derailed that - so it was the Pegasus 5 weeks ago as his return (2 months on the bench), and he showed out well vs a very highly regarded (default KDerby winner?) part of that fantastic La. Derby crop. 

Mandaloun got pinched out the break, dropped back of the pack ... Weyburn rated off the pace, then opened up past the half ... Mandaloun got underway, and inhaled both Dr Jack (also running today) and Weyburn - Mandy looked clear in the stretch, but Weyburn roared back, after apparently left for dead - tbh, i gotta hunch that if they had a stick to use, he would've been urged home over Mandy.  cat was digging down, and he battled back like a champ. 

his works coming in here have been phenomenal - he is poised for a big one today - would not be surprised to see Irad/Jerkens point him straight to the lead, trying to steal this one. 

would be remiss if i didn't mention my ol' buddy, the #4 Keepmeinmind - ran to his usual deep close schtick last out, finishing 3rd behind Masqueparade in that Ohio Derby, but it was really 4 across the line ... if we get a hot pace, we know the drill - added bonus of Joel up on him today, he's been riding extremely well up at the soggy Spa - star of the meet thus far, imo. 

Dr. Jack & Keepmeinmind both off Lasix today - very interesting angle(s).

i be off to the OaTer - send nudez!!!

:popcorn:

just took a glance over Dër Bingele today at Del Mar (race 10).

GI SPRINT ACTION!

Collusiin Illusion looks to repeat, but i have my eye on #3 CZ Rocket 🚀

Unfortunately, from what I see on Walking Boot's facebook page (in addition to Tizamagician, Authentic, and Going to Vegas... Collusion Illusion is yet another horse he has ownership interest in), this sprinter is a scratch today due to a 'grabbed quarter' on the AM vet check. Running a G1 after a long layoff, he'd have to be in perfect condition and based on conversations with the vet, it was determined to scratch. 

Had a good day yesterday topped with a random trifecta in Australia

In the Bing Crosby at Del Mar I've always loved CZ Rocket, but I've also made a lot of dough on Brickyard Ride.   There's a legend around DMR that at high tide the track slows down and favors closers;  high tide is about an hour before post time and will stay up through this race.   Plenty of early speed with Vertical Threat, Quick Tempo and Brickyard Ride.

Like CZ Rocket and Dr. Shivel to catch the early speed, with Brickyard Ride hanging on for a piece.

Tribox 3, 8, 9  and tri 3,8/3,8/all

1st race at DMR I don't see much I like, but I did win a pretty nice exacta on Rayray last time it was at DMR.  It seems to like this track, has a nice recent work and Pfyfer has been solid lately.    ATB.

Well, that's not a good start   Rayray stumbled and faceplanted (noseplanted?) coming out of the gate.   Lucky it wasn't injured.

2nd  is a 5f baby race.   Prat riding a Baffert filly sired by Curlin.   That sounds like it's going to go off at 1/5.

No 1 Haute Lady has a nice work history and Cedillo has been hot.

Tri 6/1/all 

PS 1

2nd  is a 5f baby race.   Prat riding a Baffert filly sired by Curlin.   That sounds like it's going to go off at 1/5.

No 1 Haute Lady has a nice work history and Cedillo has been hot.

Tri 6/1/all 

PS 1
no surprise here.  on to the 3rd

1 ATB.  

-fish- said:
Had a good day yesterday topped with a random trifecta in Australia

In the Bing Crosby at Del Mar I've always loved CZ Rocket, but I've also made a lot of dough on Brickyard Ride.   There's a legend around DMR that at high tide the track slows down and favors closers;  high tide is about an hour before post time and will stay up through this race.   Plenty of early speed with Vertical Threat, Quick Tempo and Brickyard Ride.

Like CZ Rocket and Dr. Shivel to catch the early speed, with Brickyard Ride hanging on for a piece.

dammit.  so close.  

never mind the new boots ... we got a CHAMP-EEEN to honor  :thumbup:

man, EQ just doesn't know how to lose a stretch battle, amirite?

they hung him wide the whole trip, and he even dropped back to 5th of 5 running - but did ya ever think for a second this one was in doubt?  nope. 

back class ruled the day, as ol' Keepmeinmind made a COTdamn horse race outta this - chalk that finish up to that 'capping angle.

Weyburn gave me some run for my money ... some. was very disappointed they didn't gun out and ask EQ to play ketchup - i was treated to watching him loll behind a tomato can, while EQ twiddled his hooves - a craptastic strategery (oh Hai, Dubya!) - yes, i know more than Irad/JerkensJerkena - ya got a problem with that?  :boxing:

but, ehhhh ... EQ

tuning up for the Travers and Classic ... you gonna bet against this friggin' beast?

-fish- said:

i just couldn't land on the good Doc - thankfully i was otherwise engaged rallying up with a few qtr horse scores down Prarie Meadows - $20 win ticket on CZ was all i lit on 🔥 - missed your post, or i would've perhaps shifted gears a bit. 

ps- it's a glamorous ####### life, kids ... you oughtta try this  :bye:

Hit a nice exacta at the spa from Irad to Lezcano in the last.  I've got my eye on the latter.  He's riding very well lately and giving horses better chances than their odds.

oh, and Jackie's Warrior did THIS in the slop, with pretty much being eased up towards the end.

:jawdrop:

better BC lock than EQ in the Classic. 

🐎

Colonial Downs - Early P4

starting with race #2

1,4,6,9/5/4,5,7,8,9/3,9,10

.50 = $30

the #5 in the 2nd leg is an easy single for me ... only one in the field who has raced above this class, best figs of the group - won last out at Churchill ... barn dropping him in a very nice spot here. 

allows the spread on the other legs, so - we in or we out, it's an early ride or die. 

*note the #1 in the first leg is a Bodemeister first timer, saddled by Trombetta - could pop out that 1 hole and put 'em all in the rear view ... don't need to see this one anywhere but the engine. 

Colonial Downs - Early P4

starting with race #2

1,4,6,9/5/4,5,7,8,9/3,9,10

.50 = $30

the #5 in the 2nd leg is an easy single for me ... only one in the field who has raced above this class, best figs of the group - won last out at Churchill ... barn dropping him in a very nice spot here. 

allows the spread on the other legs, so - we in or we out, it's an early ride or die. 

*note the #1 in the first leg is a Bodemeister first timer, saddled by Trombetta - could pop out that 1 hole and put 'em all in the rear view ... don't need to see this one anywhere but the engine. 

alive to ...

3: $206.25

9: $193.65

10: $154.30

:coffee:

Users who are viewing this thread