What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

It's All About Spa-Mar (DelaToga?) Now Featuring Degen Bullrings For Your Disposable Income & Derision 🐎 (Missing GB MoCS) (1 Viewer)

@otb_lifer @Cowboysfan8

G3 Longacres Mile at Emerald Downs today.   Just a 100K mile, but it's the biggest race of the year locally.   Friend of a friend owns Background, which is going off 5-1 morning line.   They say he's ready and unless #1 Papa's Golden Boy runs away with it, they like his chances.  

Exacta wheel 5/all and 5 ATB

@otb_lifer @Cowboysfan8

G3 Longacres Mile at Emerald Downs today.   Just a 100K mile, but it's the biggest race of the year locally.   Friend of a friend owns Background, which is going off 5-1 morning line.   They say he's ready and unless #1 Papa's Golden Boy runs away with it, they like his chances.  

Exacta wheel 5/all and 5 ATB

:hifive:

appreciate the good lookin' out - just got in, gonna peg it asap

Pacific Classic day at Del Mar.  Great card today.  I've spent some time on it and will probably play most of it.  2 pm west coast 1st post.

hit a nice exacta in the first.  

2nd race i don't like the favorite so i'm going to try for a price and wheel the 6 on the bottom and bet Prat WP

all/6 exacta

WP 7

Last edited by a moderator:
missed that one,  except for the part that the favorite was beatable.  got cooked early and had no chance.

3rd race going with a red hot Abel Cedillo at 5-1

5 WP and ex key box

del mar 5th i don't think there's any reason to think the favorites aren't beatable.  i like #4 at 35-1 enough to put some money on it and hope.

9th a Del Mar a non-graded $100K stakes race featuring Medina Spirit and Rock Your Word at a mile on turf.  

Should be interesting.  

Heading to Del Mar on Saturday for the two Grade II races, John C Mabee Stakes and the Del Mar Derby. 🤞 

Del Mar Derby  (#11):

This has the first 4 finishers from the La Jolla Handicap in it.   Watch that race and you'll see that Zofarelli had the most run in it and could have won if it didn't get bumped.   Now the winner is 8-1, Zofarelli is 6-1, and the third place horse is the favorite because of the Baffert/Prat combo.  

Going to key Zofarelli because there are some prices available and I can see Hudson Ridge not hitting the board.   Bravo's on a 12-1 that won its last race at this level and Jimmy Blue Jeans is looking for 4 in a row.  There are some great prices on the board because Hudson Ridge has been bet way too low.

Bravo wins on None Above the Law at 10-1 and Flashiest comes in second at 12-1.   Zofarelli got boxed in and freed up to late.   Damn, there was money to be made here.  

Tizamagician runs tomorrow in the TAA Stakes (Gr 2), formerly the Breeder's Cup Marathon.

Going to Vegas is in the Filly & Mare's Turf for the $2mil Maker's Mark purse.

Both kinda longshots, but, it's been a hell of a ride to get this far. In case anyone wants to sweat. 

Will/do they perform autopsies on horses? I'm really curious if the cause can be attributed to whatever junk Baffert was giving him.

Will/do they perform autopsies on horses? I'm really curious if the cause can be attributed to whatever junk Baffert was giving him.
I read that they will do a blood test and a hair follicle test.   I don't know whether or not they will do an autopsy.   They are listing it as a heart attack, but that doesn't really address the question that everyone is immediately asking. 

This was from a Washington Post article in June of this year:

At least 74 horses have died in Baffert’s care in his home state of California since 2000, more than all but two of hundreds of trainers in the state, according to a Post analysis of data and public records. But when factoring in the number of races run, Baffert’s horses have died at the highest rate of the 10 trainers who have had the most horse deaths.

In more than four decades in the sport, Baffert has faced significant regulatory scrutiny because of a high death rate only once, after seven of his horses collapsed in a short period of time at the same California track. State investigators found that his staff was mixing a potentially dangerous prescription drug into the feed of every horse in his care. But a top veterinary official cleared Baffert, finding that the spate of deaths “remains unexplained” following a probe that demonstrated the hazards of going after Baffert. Among them, according to interviews and records obtained by The Post: a push to have the veterinary official removed from office, supported by a trade group with Baffert among its directors.

Baffert trains his horses hard.  He wants them to go fast.  Not like a lot of other trainers who do slower breezes.  He pushes them to the limit so injuries, including fatalities, are more at play.

On a brighter note doing the Derby week bucket list next year. First class 3rd floor clubhouse box, hospitality, Oaks/Derby, bourbon trail, horse farms, Fillies/Lillies party, Ali museum, etc.  Should be an epic week! Now just need to get on the right horses for some double fisted bets

Baffert trains his horses hard.  He wants them to go fast.  Not like a lot of other trainers who do slower breezes.  He pushes them to the limit so injuries, including fatalities, are more at play.

On a brighter note doing the Derby week bucket list next year. First class 3rd floor clubhouse box, hospitality, Oaks/Derby, bourbon trail, horse farms, Fillies/Lillies party, Ali museum, etc.  Should be an epic week! Now just need to get on the right horses for some double fisted bets
You don't think he's drugging them?

You don't think he's drugging them?
I think just about every successful barn pushes the envelope with meds.  Show me the best barns and I'll show you the best vets.  But there are way worse milkshakers out here in the West.  Mullins, O'Neill, etc. Look at those with ridiculous first off claim #'s. Jorge Navarro, Rick Dutrow.  Jonathan Wong is 45% off of a claim.  Jamie Ness 33%.  Most of the juicing happens with claimers who are sore.  Not stakes horses.  Most trainers with really high win rates are juicing.  Baffert is way down the list in the juicing fraternity

Users who are viewing this thread