Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

It's All About Spa-Mar (DelaToga?) Now Featuring Degen Bullrings For Your Disposable Income & Derision 🐎 (Missing GB MoCS)

1 minute ago, -fish- said:

i dont think so.  he had a great race in the derby, but he's a beatable horse.  5/2 seems about right.  

Oh I think it's right - but I think it's hard to get the "right" price on the Derby winner in the Preakness usually.  I think a fair amount of bandwagon money isn't happening bc of the scandal.

-QG

Posted (edited)

Not my main play.  Had $50 exacta box Medina Spirit and Midnight Bourbon.  Still had $5 exacta box and $3 tri box that hit as savers.  Liked Rombauer all week but he looked antsy in the post parade which gave me pause.  Should pay OK.  Wish I would have stuck with my original handicapping

Edited by Judge Smails

Just now, Judge Smails said:

Not my main play.  Had $50 exacta box Medina Spirit and Midnight Bourbon.  Still had $5 exacta box and $3 tri box.  Liked Rombauer all week but he looked antsy in the post parade which gave me pause.  Should pay OK

it's funny - I thought he looked light on his hooves :)

-QG

CT was worthy of the toss. 

maybe if MS had the cream he lasts this time, like the Derby. 

MB may be the best in this crop - but he has to start finishing first, ya know? 

great call on Rombo by Wik earlier this week. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Thinking 1

4 minutes ago, -fish- said:

@otb_lifer won me that superfecta because of keepmeinmind.  

he's a game lil' ####er, i'll give hom that ✌ but it's off to Penn National, i'm afraid ... i will pound this mutha 'tul my knickles bleed - 'cuz he will drop in class, and he will get a pace to chew up.

congrats on your hits, well played 🤘

• Like 1

Savers..

May 15th 2021PIM:13$5.00Exacta3:52 PMBX 5-6

PAYOUT TOTAL:$246.50

BET TOTAL:$10.00

SERIAL NUMBER:34655018272313

May 15th 2021PIM:13$3.00Trifecta3:47 PMBX 3,5-6

PAYOUT TOTAL:$488.10

BET TOTAL:$18.00

SERIAL NUMBER:16433060588523

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Judge Smails said:

Savers..

May 15th 2021PIM:13$5.00Exacta3:52 PMBX 5-6

PAYOUT TOTAL:$246.50

BET TOTAL:$10.00

SERIAL NUMBER:34655018272313

May 15th 2021PIM:13$3.00Trifecta3:47 PMBX 3,5-6

PAYOUT TOTAL:$488.10

BET TOTAL:$18.00

SERIAL NUMBER:16433060588523

good on ya, Smails! :hifive:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, otb_lifer said:

he's a game lil' ####er, i'll give hom that ✌ but it's off to Penn National, i'm afraid ... i will pound this mutha 'tul my knickles bleed - 'cuz he will drop in class, and he will get a pace to chew up.

with that late kick he may like the belmont.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Judge Smails said:

Nice! What did the super pay?

$1 super paid $1,025 so our bromigo -fish- got $300+ for his 30 cents :)

Alas I won by not getting to the track - woulda lost $39 if I did

-QG

• Thinking 1

22 minutes ago, otb_lifer said:
29 minutes ago, -fish- said:

@otb_lifer won me that superfecta because of keepmeinmind.  

Had him at 18-1 and 20-1 to win.  If he hadn't been shocked by the gate opening, taken a look around, noticed other horses sprinting away from him, and THEN taken off, I might be rich right now.  Sigh.

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, -fish- said:

with that late kick he may like the belmont.  

Belmont will be won on the engine ... expect RYW/ Chuck/Mandaloun all back - KMiM may money, but cue in the rack for a win at Big Sandy if he runs - they cruise over here. 

i expect him to get freshened, then drop down a bit in class - he needs to start cashing for his barn ... his 3 yr old form is lacking for ownership. 

Edited by otb_lifer
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Leroy Hoard said:

That's a nice return on 3 dimes.

a poker room i was dealing at was right next to a racebook. while on a break, i noticed the last race of the day @ Gulfstream Park was on turf - my old specialty - so i went over to a friend in the racebook and looked it over on his Form. there was a claimer running for the first time on grass who was from a very obscure part of the Northern Dancer - greatest turf sire, if not allround, of all time - bloodline. saw him in the post parade and he had the Dancer look - dark bay, enormous rump, high belly - so i didnt let the huge moveup in class scare me, or the fact that he was 99-1 on the tote.

laid a fast fin on his nose just in time to go back in the box. my friend came over to ask me if i bet him, i nodded, he laughed. a cute lady dealer inquired and my pal said, "wikkid just bet on a 100-1 shot"

"ooo, i always wanted to bet a big longshot" she squeaked. she grabbed eight quarters out of her tip jar to bet the min on him but the gate broke before she got out the room. she pouted and there are few things more pathetic than a pouting lady leader, so i offered her a dollar of my action. she put half her quarters in my tip jar, he won and paid $212.80 (longest win price of my betting career) and i had to give her a mallard for them four quarters

• Like 4
  • Laughing 1

BTW, my biggest odds win ever was a paltry 70-1 at one of the Florida tracks. Was blind betting all the 2nd time starters in maiden races and one finally came through after a couple dozen tries. Glad to say I didn't have to share it with some old broad.

• Like 1
  • Laughing 2

• otb_lifer changed the title to ***Official 2021 Belmont Stakes Thread*** Zahzeetch Fest At Big Sandy - Mal Sits It Out 🐎 (Missing GB MoCS)
  • otb_lifer changed the title to It's All About Spa-Mar (DelaToga?) Now Featuring Degen Bullrings For Your Disposable Income & Derision 🐎 (Missing GB MoCS)