What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

A little late for Boehner? (1 Viewer)

timschochet

Footballguy
Boehner complaining about Trump and how extreme the Republicans are these days: 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.businessinsider.com/john-boehner-ronald-reagan-couldnt-get-elected-in-todays-gop-2021-4%3famp

He’s absolutely right of course. But he was there when it started. He’s the one who called Obamacare the biggest threat to freedom and democracy in American history. He was there when nearly half of all Republicans bought into the racist Birther nonsense, and he never condemned it. He was there when the Freedom Caucus gleefully shut down the government and refused to raise the debt ceiling, At every point when the GOP succumbed to the extremists, Boehner was there and said nothing, made no protest. This current mess is as much his as anyone’s. 

Last edited by a moderator:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.businessinsider.com/john-boehner-ronald-reagan-couldnt-get-elected-in-todays-gop-2021-4%3famp

He’s absolutely right of course. But he was there when it started. He’s the one who called Obamacare the biggest threat to freedom and democracy in American history. He was there when nearly half of all Republicans bought into the racist Birther nonsense, and he never condemned it. He was there when the Freedom Caucus gleefully shut down the government and refused to raise the debt ceiling, At every point when the GOP succumbed to the extremists, Boehner was there and said nothing, made no protest. This current mess is as much his as anyone’s. 
Aren't you the guy who just admonished another poster with knee-jerk reactions and jumping to conclusions?

Hey, wait a minute.  You're also the same guy who admonished yet another poster for posting generalities about liberals too!

If there was only a word describing someone who says something but does the exact opposite of what they say.  🤔

To be honest, he wasn't going to change anything.  If the VP couldn't do anything on Jan 6, how was Boehner goingto stand up to Trump?  

Buying this book tomorrow for my mother.

If you're talking about the timing of his book's release, I agree. He'll sell fewer copies now than he would have sold if he'd released the book in January.

To use perhaps my favorite  timsochet quote. (If I may)

"I'm not sure why i should care about this."

Or something  close to that.

Aren't you the guy who just admonished another poster with knee-jerk reactions and jumping to conclusions?

Hey, wait a minute.  You're also the same guy who admonished yet another poster for posting generalities about liberals too!

If there was only a word describing someone who says something but does the exact opposite of what they say.  🤔
What a strange response. You think I’m jumping to conclusions over events that happened 10 years ago? 

Just watched a short interview with this guy. What a joke. He’s shilling this stupid book which I can’t imagine anyone having any interest in.

One of the books themes is about how we need to get back to working together. When asked about his time in the House he said something to the effect that Democrats made it difficult. When asked about Biden he said he’s caving into the left.

Good schtick, John. Get back to your highball of bourbon.

The wild-eyed radical who voted the same way as Obama on the debt ceiling.

His post did not make a knee jerk reaction or jump to conclusions.  He listed out specific examples about Boehner that have happened over the years.

It also wasn't a generality about conservatives...those same specific things were things extremists on the right pushed and Boehner did nothing about.

How on earth is this some sort of hypocrisy?  I mean really...in what world is what Tim just said any of what you are claiming?

Users who are viewing this thread