What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

All-NBA Best In Show Cup - First Round #2 (Modogg vs Tim, Mister CIA vs Yo Mama, Higgins vs Kev, Frosty vs Instinctive) (1 Viewer)

Frosty (2010s) vs Instinctive (2010s)

• Frosty (2010s) - Rajon Rondo, Joe Johnson, Lebron James, Kevin Love, Lamarcus Aldridge

Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Instinctive (2010s) - Jrue Holiday, Khris Middleton, Kawhi Leonard, Dirk Nowitzki, Joakim Noah

Votes: 16 50.0%

• Total voters

Yo Mama

Footballguy
Vote for the first round of our All-Time NBA Best In Show Cup!!!

Read the coaches writeups below before voting!

Yo Mama vs Mister CIA

I think this is a really interesting matchup since the teams are very similar - both have all time legends at center, great backcourts with matching skillsets, solid tough-nosed power forwards to do the dirty work, and so-so scoring small forwards.

The big difference I see is in the backcourt styles.  Both teams have two guards that can each operate as leads.  Mister CIA has better defense primarily in Payton, and I have one of the best scoring backcourts of any decade team.  Strickland and Payton are most effective with the ball in their hands, so Strickland takes a bit of a hit in production with Payton as the main ballhandler.  Goodrich has proved he can operate as the lead scorer on a stacked team (71-72 Lakers) and doesn't need to be the main creator.  Payton might be able to contain one of my scoring guards, but not both.

Here is my team info:

PG - Nate "Tiny" Archibald

Peak (6 Years) - 27p, 3r, 9a, 2stl

Recognition - HOF, 5 all nba, 6 all star

SG - Gail Goodrich

Peak (7 Years) - 23p, 4r, 6a, 2stl

Recognition - HOF, 1 champ, 1 all nba, 5 all star

SF - Campy Russell

Peak (4 Years) - 20p, 6r, 4a, 1stl

Recognition - 1 all star

PF - Paul Silas

Peak (9 Years) - 12p, 12r, 3 ast, 1stl, 1blk

Recognition - 3 champ, 2 all star, 5 all d

C - Moses Malone

Peak (12 Years) - 26p, 14r, 2a, 1stl, 2blk

Recognition - HOF, 1 champ (FMVP), 3 MVP, 8 all nba, 12 all star, 2 all d

Combined peak averages of 108p, 39r, 24a, 8stl, 3blk

3 hall of famers, 3 MVPs, 5 championships (1 finals MVP), 14 all nba, 26 all stars, 7 all defense

Frosty's Team:

PG: Rajon Rondo: 4x All-Star, 2x Champ, 4x All-Defense, 1x All-NBA, 1x Steals Leader, 3x Assist Leader. 12.3ppg/4.8rpg/10.7apg/2.0spg

SG: Joe Johnson: 7x All-Star, 1x All-NBA. 21.7ppg/4.4prg/5.5apg/1.1spg

SF: Lebron James: 17x All-Star, 16x All-NBA, 4x Champ, 6x All-Defense, 4x MVP, 4x Finals MVP, 1x Scoring Leader, 1x Assist Leader. 27.4ppg/7.6rpg/7.5apg/1.6spg

PF: Kevin Love: 5x All-Star, 2x All-NBA, 1x Rebound Leader. 23.5ppg/13.7rpg/3.0apg/0.7spg. 

C - Lamarcus Aldridge: 7x All-Star, 5x All-NBA. 21.2ppg/9.0rpg/2.1apg/1.1bpg

Every single player has at least 4 All-Star berths and at least 1 All-NBA appearance. Combined: 40 All-Stars, 25 All-NBA, 4 MVPs, and 10 All Defense. Yes, having Lebron inflates those numbers but also makes you remember that I have Lebron James surrounded by four all-NBA talents. A 2010s all-star squad. Wow.

Now that the accolades have been established, let's look at the fit. You're immediately going to look at two weaknesses: Rondo's shooting (or lack thereof) and Love's defense. Fair enough. However, I'd say this team's construction mitigates both of those.

Rondo is surrounded by four outstanding perimeter shooters, with Johnson and Love maybe the best at their positions in the decade. This gives him the room he needs to operate, and as a 3x league assist champ that's all he needs. Imagine a Rondo and Lebron pick and roll with Johnson, Love, and Aldridge spotting up.  Yikes. 

As for Love's defense, the uniqueness of Lebron's skill set helps me out there as well. I can hide Love on weakest front court player offensively since Lebron can easily guard a 4 and Aldridge, although not a defensive stud, is just fine. And speaking of Aldridge, yes I would have loved to have a more defensive minded center as the rim protector, but I thought more shooting was more important and don't forget he's a 7x All-Star and 5x All-NBA player. You don't get those awards if you can't play on both sides of the ball. 

Cut and pasted for everyone:

90s

Defensively i don’t know if we come in as top team without having a dominant big man in the paint, but my perimeter D with 3 ALl-NBA defensive guys in Stockton, MJ and Majerle could have like 14 steals a game. Think this team likely lands in top 5-7, thinking of Rebounds, DC and Grandmama both hold up well there, probably a little above average (if we are thinking of LJ before his big back injury)

Offensively: whew boy, this team would be something. I mean, i see other teams in this draft with things like 5 James Hardens, which is something, but how they would integrate is not always considered i think with judging. These guys would mix and match wonderfully. Majerle hanging around the 3 line would draw some people out, and he could hit tons of uncontested 3s. Stockton running pick and roll with pre-back injury LJ would be majestic (not as awesome as my pantheon team, but close). An Stockton did tons more as we know, had impressive basketball IQ and could see the entire halfcourt like a chess player. The assists he could compile on this team are off the charts. And i am sure MJ could get DC to play better as a pro basketball player and give him the motivation he needed to get closer to his potential. MJ would not be able to be doubled or tripled on every play, and man if we are considering these guy with current NBA rules MJ would have close to 50 ppg if he wanted to. Wouldn’t need to, but that guy could get points any time he wanted to. So i don’t think there is a chance that a team here could outscore this squad

PG   John Stockton

looking through all of these guys, i just couldn't get over Stockton's numbers. I think he may have even possibly been better then Magic. 

2nd overall in assists per game - and this is with really only having Karl Malone as a main guy to pass to. Pretty amazing considering his supporting cast

7th overall in steals/game:  i know Stockton had fast hands and was not a slouch on defense, but was surprised he averaged 2.2. steals/game over his career for 7th overall in NBA history. Never would have guessed he was that high

lot of stats that can be up up for this guy:

Per Game: 13.1 points, 10.5 assists, 2.7 rebounds, 2.2 steals

Per 75 Possessions: 15.7 points, 12.6 assists, 3.2 rebounds, 2.6 steals

Relative True Shooting Percentage: +7.6

Net Rating Swing: N/A

Box Plus/Minus: +3.5

i bet he would have scored more if he didn't facilitate so much, and think he can be argued to be a top 25 player of all time.  

SG Michael Jordan - nothing else to write about this guy. The GOAT, and earned it more than others considered for this possible title. Put MJ in the NBA today with the rule changes and he may average 50 ppg a season

From JayRod:  the NCAA was just experimenting with the 3-pt line and some conferences tried it out over a season or two.  They didn't go full time with it until the 1986-87 season.  Apparently, Jordan played some games his sophomore year ('82-83) with the 3-pt line in place.  According to basketball reference, he went 34 for 76 from three to shoot 44.7% for his NCAA career.  His NCAA career FG% was a stellar 54.0% as well.  I know his college career is a bit over-hyped due to his NBA success, but he was still a pretty dang good college player.

adding:

It’s hard to compare players from different eras.  The best way to do so is by evaluating how dominant a player was during his time. Michael Jordan was named to 10 All-NBA first teams, essentially meaning he was among the best five players in basketball for 10 seasons.  He also added nine All-Defensive first-team selections over the course of his career.

Jordan was the NBA’s most valuable player five times, and many believe he should have won even more. Most notably, it is widely believed that Karl Malone unjustly won the 1998 MVP over Jordan because writers believed Jordan had won enough. Jordan was also named the NBA’s defensive player of the year in 1988.

By any calculation, Jordan is the greatest scorer the league has ever seen. He won a record 10 scoring titles, and boasted a career average of 30.1 points per game, the most in NBA history.

Jordan was also among the greatest winners in NBA history. During the early portions of his career, Jordan had to go up against all-time great teams such as the Larry Bird-led Boston Celtics and the Bad Boy Detroit Pistons. When Jordan was finally able to reach his first NBA championship in ’91, he didn’t look back. Jordan led the Bulls to six NBA titles, and was named finals MVP all six times.

The thing that separated Jordan from many of the all time greats was his compulsive need to win. Jordan was and is still known for his intense competitiveness which on many occasions has gotten him in to trouble. However, on the basketball court this was a trait Jordan used to his advantage.

He was among the all-time great trash talkers and had a knack for getting into his opponents' heads. When the media compared him to Portland Trailblazers guard Clyde Drexler prior to the ’92 NBA Finals, Jordan took notice and used the finals as an opportunity to prove Drexler wasn’t in his class. When Jordan’s Bulls met Karl Malone’s Jazz in the ’97 finals, the same year in which Malone controversially won the season’s MVP award, Jordan dominated Malone and once again proved his greatness. Every little thing anyone did or said Jordan used to fuel his competitive fire.

Finally, Jordan has hit more clutch shots, and has had more big game performances than any player in NBA history.

Let us count the ways: There was the 63-point game against the ’86 Celtics at the Boston Garden; the game winner over Craig Ehlo in the ’89 playoffs; the “shrug game” in which Jordan hit six first-half three pointers and scored 35 first half points in the ’92 NBA finals; Game 5 of the ’97 NBA finals where Jordan scored 38 points, including the game-deciding three pointer with 25 seconds left, despite battling the flu; Game 6 of the ’98 finals when Jordan stripped the ball from Karl Malone and proceeded to hit a foul-line jump shot to clinch the finals.

Russell may have won more championships, Chamberlain may have averaged 50 points per game in a single season and Kareem may be the all-time scoring leader, but if you take into consideration the entire package, Michael Jordan is the greatest of all time.

SF Dan Majerle

His numbers weren't as eye-popping as i had hoped for, but he was the man in NBA Jam. What i like best is his fit on my 90s team, an interesting group:

we know Majerle had a nice 3, but i didn't realize he made 2 All-defense teams too. Pretty convincing that this team will be nasty on the defensive end 

got a feisty defense with a lot of steals, can hit the 3 nicely, and can do a bit of transition offense and defense. Might stumble against some of the big guys, but can slow them down ano none of them could hit FTs like Embiid so can hack and shaq if needed

3x all star, 2x all defense

PF Larry Johnson

Grandmama

ALL-NBA, All-Rookie team, ROY, and 2x all star

Was held back because of injuries

Johnson came into the NBA with an impact as his rookie season was arguably his best along with his second season. He averaged 19 points per game, 1 steal per game, and 11 rebounds per game. These stats would stay similar to these numbers throughout the first five years of his career. It was clear from that season on he would be the face and leader of the Charlotte Hornets as this draft pick seemed really successful at the time. The Hornets would finish with the worst record in the entire league but the city of Charlotte knew there was more to come as with pick number 2 of the 1992 NBA draft they would take Alonzo Mourning who was known to create a dynamic duo with Larry Johnson.

Had a horrendous back injury around ‘93 which pretty much crushed his career. Went downhill after it and had to retire early because couldn’t get over it. Did develop a mid range game and tried to change his style to accommodate and built a bit there, just couldn’t keep it going because of his back

C. Derrick “DC” Coleman:

Could have been one of the best PF/C guys of all time because of his versatility

https://vault.si.com/vault/1995/10/23/derrick-coleman-the-controversial-forward-talks-about-the-raps-against-him-and-his-rap-on-the-nets

going with a small ball 5. 

Another ROY and made all-rookie team

Was all NBA 2x, 1x all star (that was a funny one, how a guy makes all NBA, but not the all star game)

He was a good rebounder, had the advantage of being left-handed and he could shoot from beyond the three-point line. Standing in at six foot and ten inches, weighing two hundred and thirty pounds, he had a well-rounded skill set which many men his size didn’t possess at the time. He could score from the perimeter, he could finish at the rim, handle the ball and had great court vision 

unfortunately, Colemans personal problems soon became a recipe for disaster. Attitude problems on and off the court, a long list of recurring injuries and an on-going alcohol abuse problem played a huge role in preventing Coleman’s 

According to the NBA Crime Library, Derrick Coleman is the all-time leader in “Career arrests” with seven. 

never reached his full potential, it’s clear that Derrick Coleman was, in fact, a solid player with a solid skillset at his disposal. A good modern-day comparison is perhaps, DeMarcus Cousins. Cousins and Coleman both share some similarities

Last edited by a moderator:
this will be a bias write-up, but can start with discussing the breakdown:

Modogg (1990s) - John Stockton, Michael Jordan, Dan Majerle, Larry Johnson, Derrick Coleman       vs

Timschochet (1960s) - Walt Hazzard, Frank Selvy, Jim Pollard, Vern Mikkelson, Wilt Chamberlain

I think this write-up will be kind of simple. Yes, Wilt will be able to score on D.C., and likely be able to put up some good points. but that is likely all that the team can do against the 90's squad. Few advantages for the 90's team:

1) MJ and Majerle  can bomb 3s away, and not sure anybody on the 60s squad can cover the perimeter well enough to slow that down.

2) Wilt can score, no doubt, but D.C. and "Grandmama" Johnson were known for their ability to rebound, even when going against taller and bigger guys. No reason to think they won't be able to do the same when compared to being able to pull down tons of boards against guys like Ewing, Robinson, Hakeem, Shaq, etc. 

3) Playmaking and basketball IQ of Jordan and Stockton is very high. no reason to think Stockton can't make the right passes to score at will against this 60s team

can go on and on, but i don't think there is any question to the offense that this 90s team can put up. So, deciding factor will be if they can stop the 60s team at all.

a)  The body size of the 90s team (outside of Stockton) matches up advantageously to the 60s squad. wing span, height, etc. all go advantage to that 90s team 

b) referenced rebounding above, but Jordan and Majerle can chip in with some too. i think 3 out of the 4 match-ups will win rebounds head to head against their counterparts

c) most under-rated factor with the 90s squad is the perimeter defense, and amount of steals they can generate. Majerle was All-Defense twice, and both Jordan and Stockton are top 10 all time in steals. i think this team could pick the pocket 15+ times in this match-up

only issue would be to slow down Wilt, which i think could be done since he will likely see double teams from this squad, or one of the perimeter guys coming down and going for a steal on him.

Final score prediction:  Modogg's BIS (90's) 235 - Tim's BIS (60'S) 160

Wilt scores 100 against Coleman, but will it be enough?
could be 100, but i had him closer to 85 due to going against bigger bodies than he had to compete with in the 60s. more wear and teat throughout a game. 

depending on which rules we are going off of, i think MJ gets close to 100 if needed. if Mo's Dogg's hold a comfortable lead, MJ wouldn't push the button too much in this one, saving up for the match up next round

also would love in these threads (may be more for the next 2 rounds) if others chimed in with how the match-ups would play out. 

Seeing a prime Hakeem vs. a prime Moses would be such an awesome game to watch. 

Would love to see ow Dr. J would do, and how many points he could put in this tournament compared to Jordan. Jordan's team may win the whole thing, but Dr. J could end up being the MVP based on him carrying the team through the first few rounds. 

and love the idea of 2 teams in the same decade squaring off with @Frostillicus vs @Instinctive I had Jrue > Rondo, but took Joe Johnson > Middleton. Aldridge vs. Noah is interesting, and kind of made that a draw. Kawhie vs. Lebron would probably go toward Lebron if we are looking at 1 game between these 2 in their absolute primes, but i don't think the differential would be too dramatic with a prime Kawhi playing defense on Lebron. 

for me the difference in that game was Dirk >>> Kevin Love. i just think that would be the big advantage for Instinctive to allow them to squeak a win out over Frosty's squad, 178-174. Of course if i am thinking the score is that close, it comes own to who is most clutch in that last minute and a half in a game. Wanted to give it to Lebron, but all i could think about (  :homer: ) over and over is the dink, dink, dink, dink Kawhi had over the Sixers in the Raptors championship year. 

Modogg makes some great points (although I'd also prefer Middleton to Iso Joe) on this 2010s matchup.

Here's the thing. Frosty definitely has the best player in LeBron. But the next best players we have here, considering each of them "at the peak of their powers" as we do this...are Dirk, Kawhi, Noah. So 3 of the 4 best guys are on one team.

Let's look at offenses:

LeBron centric, with some solid shooting around him. Frosty's team is gonna score buckets, no doubt. Doesn't take a complex basketball mind to see that.

My team is also going to score like crazy. Dirk's offenses, like Lebron's, were great his entire career across a wide variety of teams and teammates. Add in the fact that we have THREE more 50/40/90 candidates and a center who can pass? Beautiful game indeed.

Now, defense:

Simplest things first: Frosty has 2 plus defenders (LeBron and Rondo), 2 bad defenders (Love and Aldridge), and one neutral (Joe). Aldridge is a PF playing out of position as well. Seriously even through like 2020 he was still a PF after the advent of small ball, much less at the start of the decade (2011) when Dirk absolutely whupped his ### (and LeBron's) across multiple playoff series.

Instinctive's team has four plus defenders (Holiday, Middleton, Kawhi, and Noah) with THREE defensive player of the year awards spread across both the wing and the rim, and one negative defender (Dirk). 

Positionally, Aldridge is the only guy truly out of position (although I'd argue LeBron is better at the 4 and would have built my team accordingly).

Frosty's team has ZERO rim protection. Against Noah picks, Dirk pops, Kawhi Isos, and Middleton/Holiday drive and kicks, the paint is going to be a bonzanza of happiness for my team. On the other end? We can double LeBron constantly, and also put Kawhi on him solo.

Shooting:

Instinctive's team is better shooting at four of the 5 positions. Holiday over Rond, Middleton over Iso Joe, Kawhi over LeBron, Dirk over Love. 

Matchups in their careers:

LOL. Which players have beaten LeBron in the finals as the best player? Tim Duncan (07). Dirk (2011). Kawhi (2014). Steph and KD (a lot). So of the four players who beat LeBron, I have 2 of them? Come on, just not fair to the guy. 

Overall outcome:

Look. LeBron is amazing. I'd have taken him 1.01 in this draft and been pleased. But his teammates here aren't a perfect fit with one guy who won't shoot and another who only takes long twos, and 3 who don't play a lick of defense. It has 4 guys who think they should have the ball and only on of those guys is named LeBron! Instinctive's team is perfectly built to mesh across spacing, pace, defense, rebounding, passing, and ego. One of these teams has THREE defensive player of the year titles, the other has none. Both teams have MVPs, only my team has multiple NBA Finals MVPs. Only my team actually has a center.

This is the perfect squad. And it's especially perfect to take down LeBron in round one.

Modogg makes some great points (although I'd also prefer Middleton to Iso Joe) on this 2010s matchup.

Here's the thing. Frosty definitely has the best player in LeBron. But the next best players we have here, considering each of them "at the peak of their powers" as we do this...are Dirk, Kawhi, Noah. So 3 of the 4 best guys are on one team.

Let's look at offenses:

LeBron centric, with some solid shooting around him. Frosty's team is gonna score buckets, no doubt. Doesn't take a complex basketball mind to see that.

My team is also going to score like crazy. Dirk's offenses, like Lebron's, were great his entire career across a wide variety of teams and teammates. Add in the fact that we have THREE more 50/40/90 candidates and a center who can pass? Beautiful game indeed.

Now, defense:

Simplest things first: Frosty has 2 plus defenders (LeBron and Rondo), 2 bad defenders (Love and Aldridge), and one neutral (Joe). Aldridge is a PF playing out of position as well. Seriously even through like 2020 he was still a PF after the advent of small ball, much less at the start of the decade (2011) when Dirk absolutely whupped his ### (and LeBron's) across multiple playoff series.

Instinctive's team has four plus defenders (Holiday, Middleton, Kawhi, and Noah) with THREE defensive player of the year awards spread across both the wing and the rim, and one negative defender (Dirk). 

Positionally, Aldridge is the only guy truly out of position (although I'd argue LeBron is better at the 4 and would have built my team accordingly).

Frosty's team has ZERO rim protection. Against Noah picks, Dirk pops, Kawhi Isos, and Middleton/Holiday drive and kicks, the paint is going to be a bonzanza of happiness for my team. On the other end? We can double LeBron constantly, and also put Kawhi on him solo.

Shooting:

Instinctive's team is better shooting at four of the 5 positions. Holiday over Rond, Middleton over Iso Joe, Kawhi over LeBron, Dirk over Love. 

Matchups in their careers:

LOL. Which players have beaten LeBron in the finals as the best player? Tim Duncan (07). Dirk (2011). Kawhi (2014). Steph and KD (a lot). So of the four players who beat LeBron, I have 2 of them? Come on, just not fair to the guy. 

Overall outcome:

Look. LeBron is amazing. I'd have taken him 1.01 in this draft and been pleased. But his teammates here aren't a perfect fit with one guy who won't shoot and another who only takes long twos, and 3 who don't play a lick of defense. It has 4 guys who think they should have the ball and only on of those guys is named LeBron! Instinctive's team is perfectly built to mesh across spacing, pace, defense, rebounding, passing, and ego. One of these teams has THREE defensive player of the year titles, the other has none. Both teams have MVPs, only my team has multiple NBA Finals MVPs. Only my team actually has a center.

This is the perfect squad. And it's especially perfect to take down LeBron in round one.
@Instinctive has definitely put together a good team, no doubt there. He likes to tout his defense, which is no doubt great, but calling out Aldridge and Joe Johnson as defensive liabilities just makes you look silly. 

We can shut down his offense no problem. First off, let's look at this point guard "battle." 4x All-Defensive team Rajon Rondo guarding 1x All-Star Jrue Holiday. PLAYOFF RONDO vs. Holiday and his career 30 playoff games (yes, 30. Yes, that is correct, vs. Rondo and his 120 career playoff games). 2x NBA Champ Rondo vs. 2x Playoff Series winning Holiday. Hall of Famer Rajon Rondo vs. Once made an all-star game Holiday. Holiday is a good player, but this is the best of the best, and Rondo will destroy him. That immediately takes Instinctive's team out of any semblance of an offense. 

Who else initiates the offense? Kawhi? Sure he's good. Who is guarding him? Oh yeah, prime Lebron. Lebron who has dragged bad teams into the finals on his own, and is now surrounded by a super star 2010s squad. Lebron with his 6 all-defense teams and 4 Finals MVPs. Sorry Kawhi, LOL. 

Love is a defensive liability I admit, but luckily he did me the favor of having Joakim Noah, who, #1 I can put Love on and ignore (other than rebounding where Love and his 5x All-NBA teams owns him), and #2 can't guard the perimeter so Love will destroy him. 

That leaves Johnson on MIddleton and Aldridge on Dirk. If anyone can get them the ball considering both Holiday and Kawhi are going to be smothered. I think I'll take my chances with my 5 guys (total of 40 all-stars and 25 all-NBA) who can score vs. two on his team. 

@Instinctive has definitely put together a good team, no doubt there. He likes to tout his defense, which is no doubt great, but calling out Aldridge and Joe Johnson as defensive liabilities just makes you look silly. 

We can shut down his offense no problem. First off, let's look at this point guard "battle." 4x All-Defensive team Rajon Rondo guarding 1x All-Star Jrue Holiday. PLAYOFF RONDO vs. Holiday and his career 30 playoff games (yes, 30. Yes, that is correct, vs. Rondo and his 120 career playoff games). 2x NBA Champ Rondo vs. 2x Playoff Series winning Holiday. Hall of Famer Rajon Rondo vs. Once made an all-star game Holiday. Holiday is a good player, but this is the best of the best, and Rondo will destroy him. That immediately takes Instinctive's team out of any semblance of an offense. 

Who else initiates the offense? Kawhi? Sure he's good. Who is guarding him? Oh yeah, prime Lebron. Lebron who has dragged bad teams into the finals on his own, and is now surrounded by a super star 2010s squad. Lebron with his 6 all-defense teams and 4 Finals MVPs. Sorry Kawhi, LOL. 

Love is a defensive liability I admit, but luckily he did me the favor of having Joakim Noah, who, #1 I can put Love on and ignore (other than rebounding where Love and his 5x All-NBA teams owns him), and #2 can't guard the perimeter so Love will destroy him. 

That leaves Johnson on MIddleton and Aldridge on Dirk. If anyone can get them the ball considering both Holiday and Kawhi are going to be smothered. I think I'll take my chances with my 5 guys (total of 40 all-stars and 25 all-NBA) who can score vs. two on his team. 
At least your writeups have a sense of understanding humor. Much better than Jarod's delusion lol. 

Holiday is as good or better a defender than Rondo, just not as old and without KG/Allen/Pierce to carry his ### to all-star and playoff berths. To think that DPOY Noah can't guard the perimeter is also funny. There's no shutting this offense down. And Aldridge and Johnson are clear liabilities. Johnson played 17 seasons, and had negative defensive value in 14 of them. LOL. Aldridge has played 14 years, and had negative defensive value in 11 of them. Neither one ever broke 1.0 on DBPM in their three non-negative seasons. They suck.

LeBron isn't even going ot get the ball, as the team ignores Rondo, let's Iso Joe try to iso over Middleton or Kawhi, and Jrue + the other wing just double LeBron all game. It'll be hilarious. Noah can guard Aldridge (and has) easily - the guy has no inside game to speak of vs guys his size, and since he can't shoot outside 18 feet (or refuses to? Same difference), we're happy to try and let Joe Johnson long two fall aways and Aldridge long twos be the thing that beats us, since it never will. 

If LeBron, Bosh, and Wade, all in their primes, couldn't stop Dirk Nowitzki and a bunch of old ### veterans and nobodies, what makes you think Aldridge and Love (by the way, I left out how godawful Love's defense is since you didn't even try to defend it with a straight face, but he's even worse than Aldridge and Iso Joe) can do it? LOL. Jeez, even Rondo is just Mario Chalmers with better PR and a surly attitude. 

Appreciate the fun back and forth. 

In all retrospect, my biggest regret was not taking LeBron over Kareem.  Not because I think it wasn't the right decision at the time, but I had no idea that Artis Gilmore would last until the 6th round.  Had I known I could have had a monster center in the 70's that late, I would have waited and started out with LeBron.  I also didn't expect someone to put Moses Malone in the 70's against that very tough group instead of in the 80's where he would have been a humongous advantage.

Users who are viewing this thread