What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Questioning our existence and other :tinfoilhat: theories about our own reality (1 Viewer)

STEADYMOBBIN 22

Footballguy
So I must preface all of this by saying this is completely :tinfoilhat: stuff. I don't feel strongly enough about any of this to say its true one way or another. I think its a possibility but I also think its not a possibility. I know. I contradicted myself. 

I guess the best way to put it is, these are some of my fun theories or suspicions that we are not in full knowledge of the real truth of our existence. I don't believe it enough that Im convinced, but I just have fun playing the guessing game. What if?

Ill start with things Im mostly convinced of, but not positive:

Edited from I no longer believe to -I have doubts about evolution. 

-Some cataclysmic event happened roughly 12,500 years ago. There is overwhelming evidence of this. 

-The bible, something I adamantly opposed despite my Christian upbringing, actually has some truths in it. In the end, it is just a book of moral stories, but based on some truths. 

-The Pyramids are far older than we are told. The dynastic Egyptians merely found those megalithic sites and basically put graffiti all over them in the form of hieroglyphics. 

Intelligent Humans have inhabited this planet for far longer than we think.

Im almost certain that the Americas was inhabited by other humans long before the natives. 

For fun -  stuff:

-We are just a colony and earth is essentially just a petri dish. 

-In that vein, Earth is just a playground for some other superior beings biological "games" or experiments. (we're an ant farm)

-Maybe we previously built MANY nuclear reactors and they all melted down? Im not sure this is likely because we would be able to detect the radiation levels. 

-We reached a prior great technological age and "mastered" DNA manipulation. A few made themselves into gods and terrorized the planet until they eventually fell/died. 

The one I am closest to actually believing is -Its possible we have reached a great technological age in the past and everything was wiped out either due to time, a cataclysmic event, or something on par with nuclear meltdown(s). Most likely an asteroid hit, melted the ice caps, almost wiped the planet clean. Humans escaped to the mountain caves and underground. 

What I do firmly believe is the truth or the suspected truth is known by very few and is being concealed either for our own good or the exact opposite. 

So in a nutshell, those of my thoughts and I would love nothing more than to converse with other openminded people to speculate and explore these fun theories. There is far more to this existence than we know or possibly, can even wrap our minds around. Space in general is mind-blowing, then add the handbags and obvious astrological knowledge depicted in art or writings found on all the continents, the megaliths and alleged ancient nanotech, the 70,000k y/o bracelet, all the giant skeletons scooped up by the Smithsonian, etc. 

Something, other than this reality is the "truth".

Last edited by a moderator:
So I must preface all of this by saying this is completely :tinfoilhat: stuff. I don't feel strongly enough about any of this to say its true one way or another. I think its a possibility but I also think its not a possibility. I know. I contradicted myself. 

I guess the best way to put it is, these are some of my fun theories or suspicions that we are not in full knowledge of the real truth of our existence. I don't believe it enough that Im convinced, but I just have fun playing the guessing game. What if?

Ill start with things Im mostly convinced of, but not positive:

-I no longer believe in evolution. 

-Some cataclysmic event happened roughly 12,500 years ago. There is overwhelming evidence of this. 

-The bible, something I adamantly opposed despite my Christian upbringing, actually has some truths in it. In the end, it is just a book of moral stories, but based on some truths. 

-The Pyramids are far older than we are told. The dynastic Egyptians merely found those megalithic sites and basically put graffiti all over them in the form of hieroglyphics. 

Intelligent Humans have inhabited this planet for far longer than we think.

Im almost certain that the Americas was inhabited by other humans long before the natives. 

For fun -  stuff:

-We are just a colony and earth is essentially just a petri dish. 

-In that vein, Earth is just a playground for some other superior beings biological "games" or experiments. (we're an ant farm)

-Maybe we previously built MANY nuclear reactors and they all melted down? Im not sure this is likely because we would be able to detect the radiation levels. 

-We reached a prior great technological age and "mastered" DNA manipulation. A few made themselves into gods and terrorized the planet until they eventually fell/died. 

The one I am closest to actually believing is -Its possible we have reached a great technological age in the past and everything was wiped out either due to time, a cataclysmic event, or something on par with nuclear meltdown(s). Most likely an asteroid hit, melted the ice caps, almost wiped the planet clean. Humans escaped to the mountain caves and underground. 

What I do firmly believe is the truth or the suspected truth is known by very few and is being concealed either for our own good or the exact opposite. 

So in a nutshell, those of my thoughts and I would love nothing more than to converse with other openminded people to speculate and explore these fun theories. There is far more to this existence than we know or possibly, can even wrap our minds around. Space in general is mind-blowing, then add the handbags found on all the continents, the megaliths and alleged ancient nanotech, the 70,000k y/o bracelet, all the giant skeletons scooped up by the Smithsonian, etc. 

Something, other than this reality is the "truth".
My favorite part of this is where you talk about the most and least likely things.

it's just always amused me that we're in such a hurry to re-mythologize existence, though the work of de-mystifying it is far from done.
All jokes aside. Its fun to theorize and speculate. If people were more willing to do this w/o being or being fearful of getting laughed out of the room we would get these answers sooner.

Im not even suggesting any of this is real and admit its more than unlikely, but how many FBGs will even entertain these thoughts? Probably not many. They will instead go back to their NFL fantasy team or the latest Marvel movie. You know, the real substantial parts of their existence. 

We were watching re-runs of Home Improvement last night and Wilson Wilson had a line that went something like this:

"My biggest concern is that we are all just characters in someone's dream and when they wake up, we will no longer exist" :oldunsure:  

All jokes aside. Its fun to theorize and speculate. If people were more willing to do this w/o being or being fearful of getting laughed out of the room we would get these answers sooner.

Im not even suggesting any of this is real and admit its more than unlikely, but how many FBGs will even entertain these thoughts? Probably not many. They will instead go back to their NFL fantasy team or the latest Marvel movie. You know, the real substantial parts of their existence. 
oh, i'm right there with you on wondering. there is a tremendous amount left to wonder about, especially since we probably know ourselves less well than we did half a century ago because of all the gimmicky abstractions of personality we've tossed in our own paths. if those abstractions were making us happier, more productive & together on things, i'd be all for them. but almost the opposite is the case - our abiding illusions are curdling into delusions at a maddening pace. what's more, i am bothered when we dont get better at a consistent rate, mostly because it puts us ever further behind our thunderously-progressing technology and creates new & ominous dangers.

but i'll play along with a couple of my most wetassed theories - God is a dimension, not a personage, and we are guided by an electromagnetic+ cloud of soul energy into which our own will return after physical discorporation, with our "improvements" upon our share being the only part of our identity which extends in perpetuity. *twilightzone music*

I did stop (I’m no quitter!) smoking weed 3 weeks ago. Lol, maybe I should fire up?
Weird.  I would have guessed you stopped about an hour ago.  ;)  

ETA:  Or that was some really strong weed 3 weeks ago.

I know it’s super crazy stuff. Nowhere near as believable Single cell amoebas growing hands and feet turning into monkeys and eventually man. 

Would you guys rather talk about your invisible man in the sky, the boat that carried two of every animal or his hipster freeloading son who could walk on water?

Let’s keep it real and talk about the adulterous Mary, whose infidelity created an entire religion.

I think our scientists and physicists have it figured out correctly to our current ability of understanding, including evolution.  Within the visible universe.

If you want to fantasize read up on multiple universe theory and quantum mechanics.  Stuff that really could be that we don't understand yet.

I think gravity is the force that could unlock it all for us.  We still don't understand it enough to harness it like we do the other energies.  Space travel without a spacecraft, time travel (relatively), unlocking of alternate universes.  Hawking once said that when particles are lost inside a black hole that information is lost and we will never be able to get it back or understand it.  I have a hard time as a physicist believing that, that statement is an antithesis of physics.

ETA:  Its been a while since I've read on the subject, but, A Universe from Nothing by Lawrence Krauss is a good place to start.

This one ties into many of your other theories - and makes the most sense to me. I know you mocked Noah's Ark in a subsequent post (for good reason), but the above could tie into that as well.

If you think about it, we just all live on a stack of made up ####. Someone somewhere back in time made up the calendar, money, religion, etc. And so the foundation of pretty much everything falls on that kind of stuff.

Heck, bitcoin is a perfect example of this. Let's design a digital currency out of thin air and base it off of nothing to become a global player in buying and selling things. Made up.

I used to ponder the creation and existence of all this extraneous stuff and pretty much concluded that I really don't care. I've reduced my world to the piece of property that I am currently paying for and the 4 other people that live there that I'm responsible for. I live to drink beer and watch sports and go fishing and hiking and go running once in awhile and have some sex every once in awhile and don't watch the news anymore and just keep on keepin' on. 

The less I worry about the better.   :banned:

I'm in  :thumbup: . As I mentioned in the other thread, everything I know I've learned from Rogan podcasts with Graham Hancock and Randall Carlson so make your judgements from there. When they discussed the great flood, it so happened I was flying out west and and the route we took was over an area they worked in. From 30,000 feet the surface clearly looked exactly how you would expect it to look if someone dropped a couple trillion tons of water on it in a short period of time. That intrigued me. I favor the cataclysmic asteroid theory moreso than the others but really there isn't much off the board. I 100% agree with your statements about the pyramids and archeologic suppression of the facts to promote their established agenda.

Here's a good starting point Gobekli Tepe

If you think about it, we just all live on a stack of made up ####. Someone somewhere back in time made up the calendar, money, religion, etc. And so the foundation of pretty much everything falls on that kind of stuff.

Heck, bitcoin is a perfect example of this. Let's design a digital currency out of thin air and base it off of nothing to become a global player in buying and selling things. Made up.

I used to ponder the creation and existence of all this extraneous stuff and pretty much concluded that I really don't care. I've reduced my world to the piece of property that I am currently paying for and the 4 other people that live there that I'm responsible for. I live to drink beer and watch sports and go fishing and hiking and go running once in awhile and have some sex every once in awhile and don't watch the news anymore and just keep on keepin' on. 

I agree with everything except for your first sentience of the third paragraph. 

I'm in  :thumbup: . As I mentioned in the other thread, everything I know I've learned from Rogan podcasts with Graham Hancock and Randall Carlson so make your judgements from there. When they discussed the great flood, it so happened I was flying out west and and the route we took was over an area they worked in. From 30,000 feet the surface clearly looked exactly how you would expect it to look if someone dropped a couple trillion tons of water on it in a short period of time. That intrigued me. I favor the cataclysmic asteroid theory moreso than the others but really there isn't much off the board. I 100% agree with your statements about the pyramids and archeologic suppression of the facts to promote their established agenda.

Here's a good starting point Gobekli Tepe
IMO, places like Gobekli Tepe and all the stuff they’re finding down in the Amazon should be near the very top of everyone’s interests. Instead it’s basically a bunch of underpaid dorks with a handful of interns. Truly bizarre. 

IMO, places like Gobekli Tepe and all the stuff they’re finding down in the Amazon should be near the very top of everyone’s interests. Instead it’s basically a bunch of underpaid dorks with a handful of interns. Truly bizarre. 
When you are pushing uphill against the mainstream, it's difficult getting traction from traditional sources. Anyone promoting these alternate theories will need to go outside the box to find funding to support these digs/explorations. I think Hancock/Carlson going on Rogan exposed a massive audience to some of these alternate theories of human evolution so I'm hopeful that folks will be willing to kick in to help explore and develop these areas of research. 

Rogan with Robert Schoch discussing the Sphinx rain theory

If you really want to go deep deep DEEP into the abyss, listen to some of these podcasts. Carlson is allowed to go off on all the tangents he eludes to on Rogan podcasts but usually doesn't have time for. I'm torn between thinking he is incredibly brilliant or just a hippy with a cause sometimes. Think it would be a hoot to be out on one of his tours and get lit at night & listen to him riff about this stuff.

Kosmographia - Randall Carlson's podcast

30,000' photos illustrating the effects of a lot of water on the landscape.

https://flic.kr/p/2kSLvai

https://flic.kr/p/2kSMi72

https://flic.kr/p/2kSMi84

https://flic.kr/p/2kSLveb

https://flic.kr/p/2kSMicx

We were watching re-runs of Home Improvement last night and Wilson Wilson had a line that went something like this:

"My biggest concern is that we are all just characters in someone's dream and when they wake up, we will no longer exist" :oldunsure:  
Simulation hypothesis - Wikipedia

Not ready to say "I believe", but interesting to think about.  

When you are pushing uphill against the mainstream, it's difficult getting traction from traditional sources. Anyone promoting these alternate theories will need to go outside the box to find funding to support these digs/explorations. I think Hancock/Carlson going on Rogan exposed a massive audience to some of these alternate theories of human evolution so I'm hopeful that folks will be willing to kick in to help explore and develop these areas of research. 

Rogan with Robert Schoch discussing the Sphinx rain theory
That was some mind-blowing few hours of podcasting.  Learned about so much that I just hadn't even heard of before.   How Gobekli Tepe isn't talked about more I don't know.

I think our scientists and physicists have it figured out correctly to our current ability of understanding, including evolution.  Within the visible universe.

If you want to fantasize read up on multiple universe theory and quantum mechanics.  Stuff that really could be that we don't understand yet.

I think gravity is the force that could unlock it all for us.  We still don't understand it enough to harness it like we do the other energies.  Space travel without a spacecraft, time travel (relatively), unlocking of alternate universes.  Hawking once said that when particles are lost inside a black hole that information is lost and we will never be able to get it back or understand it.  I have a hard time as a physicist believing that, that statement is an antithesis of physics.

ETA:  Its been a while since I've read on the subject, but, A Universe from Nothing by Lawrence Krauss is a good place to start.
We are all just atoms from ancient stars somehow interpreting the world around us in a specific way.

That's one of the basic themes of Sapiens:  A Brief History of Humankind by Harari, great book.  Basically what separates us from other animals is our ability to agree upon a shared imagination - gods, states, money, human rights, etc.

I'm currently reading his second book, Homo Deus:  A Brief History of Tomorrow, which has the following passage that fits right into the thread:

“...since there is only one real world, whereas the number of potential virtual worlds is infinite, the probability that you happen to inhabit the sole real world is almost zero.”

Hawking once said that when particles are lost inside a black hole that information is lost and we will never be able to get it back or understand it.  I have a hard time as a physicist believing that, that statement is an antithesis of physics.
Excellent post.

Regarding this part; didn’t Hawking end up conceding that there was information kept in what they now call Hawking Radiation? 

This is more certain than almost anything in this thread.
I’m willing to bet the people who are making jokes haven’t actually done any research on these topics and others who are more open minded because of the research they’ve done. 

It’s ok not to believe, it’s another entirely to dismiss. 

I’m willing to bet the people who are making jokes haven’t actually done any research on these topics and others who are more open minded because of the research they’ve done. 

It’s ok not to believe, it’s another entirely to dismiss. 
I was just conceding that weed is stronger these days.

I thought black holes are hypothesized to be portals to another dimension and/or a different place in space? 
Heard another interesting theory regarding black holes last week but don't remember the particles or the name of it but it went something like this:

Within every black hole, there is a universe, similar to the one we currently envision. I forget how they came up with that and frankly it's above my brain function to understand regardless. Maybe one of you tinfoil hats can educate me.

I'm so uncertain about my own real life that adding any sort of statistical certainty to any other avenue than basic Platonism just does me no good. Contemplating my own existence is a fool's errand because the mind cannot even grasp comings and goings yon and hither. ChiefD is probably the wisest in his assessment about what to do about it. I'd say add to that wikkid's oft-repeated pleas for altruism as the font of happiness for some reason and you've got a pretty good start to sussing out life's problems.

I'm so uncertain about my own real life that adding any sort of statistical certainty to any other avenue than basic Platonism just does me no good. Contemplating my own existence is a fool's errand because the mind cannot even grasp comings and goings yon and hither. ChiefD is probably the wisest in his assessment about what to do about it. I'd say add to that wikkid's oft-repeated pleas for altruism as the font of happiness for some reason and you've got a pretty good start to sussing out life's problems.
I’d actually like to get you into this stuff. I thoroughly enjoy your takes on things. 

Excellent post.

Regarding this part; didn’t Hawking end up conceding that there was information kept in what they now call Hawking Radiation? 
Probably, I think so.  I went to one of his talks in the 1990's where he said that.  Always thought he was a quack after that, either that or he was planted by aliens to lead us astray.   :oldunsure:

Users who are viewing this thread