What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Should Lawns be banned? (1 Viewer)

Should Lawns be banned

• Yes

Votes: 13 18.1%
  • No

Votes: 30 41.7%
  • Depends on the state

Votes: 29 40.3%

• Total voters
FYI I live in vegas, am very familiar with this issue and this proposed law, and it doesn't affect anyone's private lawn.   It is dealing with "ornamental" turf, which is in road medians, along public sidewalks, etc.  

So the right wingers derailed this thread for nothing. As usual.    
:lol: . Try reading the OP to figure to out what the poll is about. 

No, but I would love if you resonded to what I wrote.
What, your assumption that because I want to keep a lawn in my yard that I also wish we were clear cutting forests and strip mining for precious metals?  I don’t even know what that stuff is but it sounds unnecessary.  I just want to keep my damn lawn.  It brings me joy.  And it brings joy to the rabbits, frogs snakes and other critters that frolic in it.

Lawns shouldn't be banned.....but we should start fostering an idea at a younger age that the nice artificial asthetics of them isn't as beneficial as some more "normal" uses/states of them.

Nevada proposing a completely stupid law and Nevada being a blue state is not surprising.
I know! Who needs crops or drinking water more than ornamental grass? Those damn libs and their ridiculous priorities! If they were really on the ball like a red state, they'd ban voting for anyone that's not a registered Republican. That would take care of this grotesque anti-fescue witch-hunt.

At least until they realized there wasn't any more ice for their cocktails. But hey, nice green median ya got there!!

I know! Who needs crops or drinking water more than ornamental grass? Those damn libs and their ridiculous priorities! If they were really on the ball like a red state, they'd ban voting for anyone that's not a registered Republican. That would take care of this grotesque anti-fescue witch-hunt.

At least until they realized there wasn't any more ice for their cocktails. But hey, nice green median ya got there!!
Guessing you live in a blue state

Realizing that having water to drink and raise crops with is more important than watering grass on a highway median in a desert state is a red v. blue issue? 
This kind of doom and gloom all or nothing thinking sure is.

DONT KILL THE CHILDREN FOR LAWNS!!!!

You'll pry my unused turf and grass spaces outside of businesses and housing developments and in medians that aren’t being used for recreation from my cold, dead, dehydrated hands.

It's amazing what gets the dander up on the Trumplican side of the aisle these days.  It's almost to the point that if you want them to actually do something just have AOC, Pelosi or the "Stereotypical Woke Lib Template Person" come out against it.  Trumplicans would be jumping out of windows to turn in their guns if AOC came out in support of the 2nd Amendment.  

I read this as "should laws be banned" :lol:  

My snap reaction is that I would rather see recreational lawns restricted (like golf courses) than private lawns.
I'd definitely approve of golf courses being heavily restricted, if not eliminated altogether. Putt-putt and driving ranges are good enough.

Aren’t you doing the thing you are making fun of :lol: ?

It’s a waste to water these areas in a desert climate, no? That’s what this law is addressing. 
I understand what the law is addressing.

But when someone makes a simplistic statement like "Don't we want to give water to our children rather than pour it on a highway median"  I have to call that silliness out.

I understand what the law is addressing.

But when someone makes a simplistic statement like "Don't we want to give water to our children rather than pour it on a highway median"  I have to call that silliness out.
Fair enough (I didn’t see kids mentioned in the post you quoted though).

Beyond the noise do you think this is a good idea by the local government?

Fair enough (I didn’t see kids mentioned in the post you quoted though).

Beyond the noise do you think this is a good idea by the local government?
Yeah....I think,as has been mentioned here many times, people are fundamentally bad.  And if you give them the OK, they will take advantage. In my area we have gone through water restrictions etc and I support that.  If you find someone breaking that law, fine them, hard.   We need to protect resources where we can.

Yeah....I think,as has been mentioned here many times, people are fundamentally bad.  And if you give them the OK, they will take advantage. In my area we have gone through water restrictions etc and I support that.  If you find someone breaking that law, fine them, hard.   We need to protect resources where we can.
Agreed. This issue seems like a no brainer. 

At some point these areas will need to have much bigger, tougher discussion about water use. If a few people can’t handle removing median grass…well not sure what to say,

It's only going to get worst.

It is one of those situations where i wish we could create a registry and when a true water shortage occurs if you have the opinion that some stated above you get cut off.  

This is median grass, ornamental grass in public areas that isn’t being used in a drought area with a rapidly dropping water table. 

This isn’t a good idea?
I'll give you a good example of people like this.  They want their freedom but zero responsibility of the freedom

We are building a new $5.2 billion intake because we need more source water.  This one project is going to lead to a 25% rate increase to everyone in every rate class.  The only reason we are building it is because, our analysis shows, about 30 % of households are absolute water hogs in the summer and we are in danger of not being able to make it through the summer.

I should add that watering medians and ornamental grass is a drop in the hat to household residential use.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am sure he would be against any new public medians being built, because less government. Yet, wants the government to continue to maintain the ones they built in the first place because also less government?
It does seem that way. Also needs to be in a “blue” state.

I'll give you a good example of people like this.  They want their freedom but zero responsibility of the freedom

We are building a new $5.2 billion intake because we need more source water.  This one project is going to lead to a 25% rate increase to everyone in every rate class.  The only reason we are building it is because, our analysis shows, about 30 % of households are absolute water hogs in the summer and we are in danger of not being able to make it through the summer.

I should add that watering medians and ornamental grass is a drop in the hat to household residential use.

In the dry western states the price of water needs increased greatly, and the price should be non-linear. The first 100-200 gallons should be cheaper than gallons 200-300, and once you get over 300 gallons a day for a household the price should be jacked way up. The price should be high enough to strongly encouraging conserving water.

In the dry western states the price of water needs increased greatly, and the price should be non-linear. The first 100-200 gallons should be cheaper than gallons 200-300, and once you get over 300 gallons a day for a household the price should be jacked way up. The price should be high enough to strongly encouraging conserving water.
I agree.  It's the free market way of doing things.  It's called increasing block rate pricing structures.  The problem is that is politically unpalatable.   People want everything and want no responsibility

Something like this does make sense. This will no doubt have to be adjusted and tweaked as it were implemented which would lead to difficult decisions and some level of bureaucracy.  But this is a responsibility of government.

In the meantime stuff like obvious needless waste - like a grass median or a green lawn in front of the post office - should be addressed. 

No brainer. 

Just put down 3 pallets of new sod in the yard.  So my vote is that this should have been instituted here a month back so I didn't have to do that work, or pay for it.

Of course, my wife has no idea I'm uttering these words and I'm in imminent danger if she sees this. 

Something like this does make sense. This will no doubt have to be adjusted and tweaked as it were implemented which would lead to difficult decisions and some level of bureaucracy.  But this is a responsibility of government.

In the meantime stuff like obvious needless waste - like a grass median or a green lawn in front of the post office - should be addressed. 

No brainer. 
In most areas drinking water use increases between 1.5 to 2 fold during the summer months.  That's how much waste there is.

So, we agree and yet you still called me out and twisted my words by equating watering lawns with children dying. Is the need to argue that strong, or are you just trying to prove your point that people are bad? Both? Help me out.

So, we agree and yet you still called me out and twisted my words by equating watering lawns with children dying. Is the need to argue that strong, or are you just trying to prove your point that people are bad? Both? Help me out.
I've moved on from that sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread