What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Frank - The MyPillow Guy’s New Social Media Platform (1 Viewer)

Meh.  What did you guys think was going to happen?  Did you think that conservatives were going to take censorship sitting down?

Expect more platforms to start popping up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Meh.  What did you guys think was going to happen?  Did you think that conservatives were going to take censorship sitting down?

The dude couldn't get out of the first paragraph of the announcement without talking about the way he's going to "censor"1 people on the platform.

1 using conservative's definition of "censorship".

SM is divisive enough.   Going to get even worse when we start splitting that up into "Liberal" SM and "Conservative" SM.   We need to do the opposite with our news and SM.  I am sure it will get a little traction though.  

SM is divisive enough.   Going to get even worse when we start splitting that up into "Liberal" SM and "Conservative" SM.   We need to do the opposite with our news and SM.  I am sure it will get a little traction though.  
To  be fair I would call it "normal" SM and conservative social media.  90% of users chat with friends and take pictures of their food

The dude couldn't get out of the first paragraph of the announcement without talking about the way he's going to "censor"1 people on the platform.

:lol:   Yep.  Join our free speech platform!   First rule?  You can't say A, B, C, or especially not D! 

I'm looking forward to this.  

Gab/Parler/Frank, are there any others? 

I read that if you join Frank, you are automatically following some list of influencers that they determine, and you have to unfollow them if you don't want to see their stuff.  

Mike Lindell’s social media site ‘Frank’ will launch next week. It’s free speech that will ban anything that violates the Ten Commandments or uses four-letter words.

“You’re not going to be able to swear. There will be four words for sure you can’t say: You can’t say the C-word, the N-word, the F-word, and you can’t use God’s name in vain.”
:lmao:   This should go over well.

He's also launching MyStore so you can own Bezos by shopping there.  

Just bought two sets of Giza sheets.  They got the deep pockets and fit over the sleep number beds. Dont know anywhere else you can get that for $99 a pop.  :thumbup:

You say that like you might think there is something wrong with that? 

I'm looking forward to this.  

Gab/Parler/Frank, are there any others? 

I read that if you join Frank, you are automatically following some list of influencers that they determine, and you have to unfollow them if you don't want to see their stuff.  

:lmao:   This should go over well.

He's also launching MyStore so you can own Bezos by shopping there.  
I missed these gems.  

Who are these "influencers"?   

Banned for posts violating the Ten Commandments - what does a post like that look like?  (Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife - so no talking about other ladies?  Thou shalt not steal - better not talk about that movie you watched illegally!  Thou shalt have no other gods before me - so... only Christians too?) 

They will have no members within a week. ;)  

Just what America needs: more politically driven information silos. 

I have a number of conservative friends on FB who complain about the censorship and either left the platform or threaten to leave the platform. But every one of them is back to regularly posting on FB.  I think the reason is because for most everyone (even those inclined to focus on political issues), FB is about connecting with friends and family. And unless a majority of your friends and family decide to migrate en masse to a new platform, the experience just won’t be the same. My two cents. 

Eventually they will end up censoring things they don`t agree with just like Twitter and FB. They all end up the same
Correct, just ironic that they are doing this as a counter to the "censoring", and they are starting at a point from day 1 of banning more people for what they say.  

Correct, just ironic that they are doing this as a counter to the "censoring", and they are starting at a point from day 1 of banning more people for what they say.  
I don't think anyone believes any of this movement is about freedom.  It's about freedom for them to do the things they like. 

I don't think anyone believes any of this movement is about freedom.  It's about freedom for them to do the things they like. 
I also don't believe this dude is about freedom - it's about getting a focused group to advertise to and make more money off of.   

I also don't believe this dude is about freedom - it's about getting a focused group to advertise to and make more money off of.   
Well that's the other part for him.

The larger group however I really do consider not about freedom at all. They just want freedom to lie and threaten who they want.  They don't want freedom for others they disagree with

Well that's the other part for him.

The larger group however I really do consider not about freedom at all. They just want freedom to lie and threaten who they want.  They don't want freedom for others they disagree with
I am not going to go that far, but it would seem counter intuitive to complain about censorship and lack of freedom of voice, and then choose a platform that starts off as even more selective and more limited in speech.  

I am not going to go that far, but it would seem counter intuitive to complain about censorship and lack of freedom of voice, and then choose a platform that starts off as even more selective and more limited in speech.  
I think most within this group would be more than happy to apply the same religious test to the American public if they were given the chance

Seems like that site is more of "moderating"  some swearing and slurs.  No site needs that.

Don`t think they will censor opinions like FB and Twitter do..I mean that is why he started it.

Seems like that site is more of "moderating"  some swearing and slurs.  No site needs that.

Don`t think they will censor opinions like FB and Twitter do..I mean that is why he started it.
He says right in his initial release that they will be banning many things...that is censoring straight up.  They are ok with censoring things they don't like

There's no way they can't sensor content. He'll find out soon enough.

He says right in his initial release that they will be banning many things...that is censoring straight up.  They are ok with censoring things they don't like
Whatever..I gave up Twitter long time ago as it is like  poison for the mind. Such a hateful, angry site .   Won`t join Frank either. No need for those in my life anymore as I try to stay happy and somewhat calm.

Pro tip: Follow people who aren't hateful or angry.

I mean, there's definitely nothing wrong with not being on Twitter. But there's also nothing inherently hateful or angry about it.
You are probably right...also should stop reading the comments.  That is where all the the anger and hate comes from.

Users who are viewing this thread