What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dez's Digital Nomad Thread: Colombia (1 Viewer)

Angie wrote to me last night asking if I was mad at her.  I told her no, and then she sent me another little short video of herself in the mirror, this time naked :shock: .  I sort of just blew her off, then this morning she wrote again saying that she was headed back to Cartagena and that she could come back next weekend and stay with me.  She sort of gave me some vague explanation of what happened yesterday, which didn't make much sense to me.  That's typical here, and something my engineer's brain gets really frustrated with.  And once they put me through a bunch of hassle without a payoff or even worse, a wasted day, then they drop pretty far down my priority list.  And she hasn't seemed too straightforward about things, so not sure if I'm going to bother with her offer or not.

Angie wrote again last night telling me that there were many things she needed to do while in Barranquilla, and there were a lot of them she wasn't able to get to besides me.  So I guess I'll just take it at face value.

Vanessa wrote to me yesterday saying that she needs to come cook for me very soon.  She always complains about the meal pictures I post, what I eat for lunch, etc.  She disapproves.  She said she's going to come to the apartment and we're going to cook together.  I said what about Tuesday (today) and she said she couldn't.  What about Wednesday?  Maybe :rolleyes: .  She doesn't have much going on that I know of, so I don't know if it's a ploy to pin me down for Saturday or something like that.  She said it will be worth the wait and that we're going to have a good time (with a :wub: added for effect).

I haven't heard from Maria since Saturday.  She wrote me asking if my guests had arrived yet and I sent her some pictures but she didn't reply back.  She was supposed to get back yesterday (Monday).  I haven't written to her since I've got some other things going on.  Maybe she does too.

23-year old Wendy has invited me to do something 2 of the last 3 Sundays (her free day) but I had something going on both times.  I've been talking to her for several months and we've been pretty flirty, so I would really like to meet her.  When she wrote to me about this past Sunday we were joking about getting it on and she said she wouldn't be able to because she had just started her period :blush: .  So I'm hoping that means there are real intentions lol.

I've been talking off and on (mostly off) to another girl, 27(?) year old Valentina for over 4 years.  She lived in Riohacha when we first started talking, and that's a hard place to get to, so we've never met before.  She had a boyfriend for a year or two during that time as well, lived in Spain a while, etc.  Our personalities clash, but we've had some very explicit flirting in the past and there could be some heavy sexual chemistry.  She lives in Barranquilla now, so I wrote to her the other day telling her I was here if she wanted to meet.  She lives very close to where I am, so we might meet up later today to get something to eat.

Valentina and I were chatting since 2pm trying to decide on a restaurant for dinner.  At 4:30 she said she was finishing up at the gym and going to head home.  At 5:30 she said she was home and had to wash some clothes for work the next day, and at 6pm she said it's been a hard week, she's tired, and how about if we just try to get together this weekend. :doh: :rolleyes:

I'm getting the feeling that you aren't the only American lugging Bath& Body Works around down there.

About 6 years ago I went to Medellin to hook up with this girl I'd been chatting with for a couple of years.  I gave her the lotion and when she opened up her purse to put it away there was a half-used bottle of the exact same stuff.

Angie showed her cards today.  I was getting pretty strong hints from her but today she finally said she's only interested in me being her sugar daddy.  If I'm not willing to pony up then let's not waste time.  It's always nice to be able to cross a chica off the list in one way or another.

I wrote to Maria today and she replied fairly quickly saying she hadn't forgotten about me.  But so far that was it.

Supposed to have dinner with Mary.  Not Mary that I hooked up with last weekend but Apartment Girl Mary who I rented from in the past and went out with her and her friend the first weekend I got here.

Also trying to plan out side trips to Bogota and Bucaramanga.  I've got a girl in Bogota who wants to see me, and a couple of friends there who want to as well.  And I've got two friends in Bucaramanga who have been bugging me to visit.  So I might take a few days off the week after next.

Angie showed her cards today.  I was getting pretty strong hints from her but today she finally said she's only interested in me being her sugar daddy.  If I'm not willing to pony up then let's not waste time. 
Arizona Ron ponied up 3 racks to stranger.

I’m no telling you what to do, but stepping up from Bed, Bath &Beyond lotion would make this story better- for the reader and the main character.

Arizona Ron ponied up 3 racks to stranger.

I’m no telling you what to do, but stepping up from Bed, Bath &Beyond lotion would make this story better- for the reader and the main character.

I've already got something going for free now in town, and hoping to add to that.  Angie lives out of town and wants standing benefits, and so far she's mainly just been a hassle.

Forgot to mention I had the cleaning lady come last Friday.  She cleaned the apartment, which is probably about 650 sq-ft., washed the sheets, did my laundry, cleaned the dishes, etc.  She was literally here for 8 hours.  I'm not sure what she did that entire time, but I'm pretty sure she wiped down every surface in the place.  There's no dryer here, so she put the sheets and clothes out on the balcony to dry, so I suppose there was time wasted in that.  All told, it cost me $13.  I had some eggs in the fridge and she asked for two of them for her lunch, so $13 and two eggs.  I actually had to run out and pick up some laundry detergent at lunch so she could finish, and I stopped at McD's at the mall to get some lunch for myself and brought her back some fries.  So $13, two eggs, and an order of fries.

One day they're going to learn about double-paned windows here.  Almost every apartment I've ever been in has the thinnest walls, windows, and has some fixed open vent to the outside of the apartment (either into the hallway or outside).  You get so much noise from the street it's maddening sometimes.  I sit here working and at certain (most) hours all I can hear are the idiot drivers laying on their horns.  Forget trying to sleep past 5 AM.  Things get started early here in the big city.

Forgot to mention I had the cleaning lady come last Friday.  She cleaned the apartment, which is probably about 650 sq-ft., washed the sheets, did my laundry, cleaned the dishes, etc.  She was literally here for 8 hours.  I'm not sure what she did that entire time, but I'm pretty sure she wiped down every surface in the place.  There's no dryer here, so she put the sheets and clothes out on the balcony to dry, so I suppose there was time wasted in that.  All told, it cost me $13.  I had some eggs in the fridge and she asked for two of them for her lunch, so $13 and two eggs.  I actually had to run out and pick up some laundry detergent at lunch so she could finish, and I stopped at McD's at the mall to get some lunch for myself and brought her back some fries.  So $13, two eggs, and an order of fries.

One day they're going to learn about double-paned windows here.  Almost every apartment I've ever been in has the thinnest walls, windows, and has some fixed open vent to the outside of the apartment (either into the hallway or outside).  You get so much noise from the street it's maddening sometimes.  I sit here working and at certain (most) hours all I can hear are the idiot drivers laying on their horns.  Forget trying to sleep past 5 AM.  Things get started early here in the big city.
You should have given her an extra $10 to pop the top off and then let things progress naturally from there.

Angie showed her cards today.  I was getting pretty strong hints from her but today she finally said she's only interested in me being her sugar daddy.  If I'm not willing to pony up then let's not waste time.  It's always nice to be able to cross a chica off the list in one way or another.

I wrote to Maria today and she replied fairly quickly saying she hadn't forgotten about me.  But so far that was it.

Supposed to have dinner with Mary.  Not Mary that I hooked up with last weekend but Apartment Girl Mary who I rented from in the past and went out with her and her friend the first weekend I got here.

Also trying to plan out side trips to Bogota and Bucaramanga.  I've got a girl in Bogota who wants to see me, and a couple of friends there who want to as well.  And I've got two friends in Bucaramanga who have been bugging me to visit.  So I might take a few days off the week after next.
I don't get it. It seems like most these girls are using you as a babysitter, gift machine, etc.  Mary came over and delivered without any BS.  Why not focus your attention on her?  Or is it all about the thrill of the chase?  You lose interest after the conquest?

I don't get it. It seems like most these girls are using you as a babysitter, gift machine, etc.  Mary came over and delivered without any BS.  Why not focus your attention on her?  Or is it all about the thrill of the chase?  You lose interest after the conquest?
This is 100% on point.  I need to focus on Mary as my #1.  We're supposed to see each other on Sunday.  But she's only got weekends free and I need something else to do during the week, right?  And I'm likely only to see her one day each weekend, so that leaves another day.

Thrill of the chase absolutely comes into play.  I'm not sure how to explain it.  I'm like a kid in a candy store here.  There are so many options and I want to sample it all.  This does not exist for me back home.

Dinner with Apartment Girl was nice.  We always get along really well and have fun when we're together.  I've always definitely thought of her as girlfriend material.  She's cute, fun, smart, responsible, and serious.  Too bad she screwed it up a couple years ago.

Last night out of the blue I got a message from 18-year old Delight.  That's not her real name, but she has a weird name that sounds like that so that's what I call her to my friends.  Not to mention that ohhhh she is certainly a delight... about 5'8" or 5'9" with an absolutely modelesque body.  I met her in Riohacha back in March when I went there for a few days to meet some other girl.  We met and hooked up the night before I left and oh man it was a night to remember.  We kept in touch for 3-4 months, always talking about getting together again.  In July she moved to Bogota and shortly thereafter she started posting pics with some guy she met there, being all lovey-dovey and heart eyes and sweet comments, while still writing to me asking for #### pics.  It rubbed me the wrong way a bit so I pretty much stopped talking to her.  She's been following my status updates while I've been here and last night she wrote asking how things were going, she hopes I'm having fun, etc.  We chatted for a little bit and then she wanted to call, then she wanted a video call.  So we talked and she said it would be really nice to see me again.  I told her I was thinking about going to Bogota in a couple of weeks and she said she wants to see me if I do.  I told her I didn't think her boyfriend would like that, and she laughed and said he's just a friend.  Riiight. :rolleyes:

Ok so some weird drama today.  A female friend of mine here asked how things were going with the girls, and I said so-so, that I haven't been out with as many as I'd hoped, that there had been a lot of cancellations, etc.  She said well you need to post some pictures with girls, so that the chicas see you're out having fun and if they don't want to go out with you, someone else does.  I said that sounds like trouble to me, but she said you're single, no commitments, etc. and that attracts the girls here.  Give it a try, she said.

So I uploaded an innocent picture that I took with Apartment Girl last night.  We're on opposite sides of the table and she's making a goofy face at the camera.  Just a couple of friends hanging out, right?  I immediately received a message from Dana saying that my new date was pretty and that she's deleting my number.  Angie wrote and said you can meet pretty girls anywhere (but no one like her I guess), it was a pleasure knowing you.  Vanessa simply sent a :doh: .  I replied that it was just a friend to which she replied with only :rolleyes: .  And she hasn't written to me since.  If I screwed that up I'm going to hate myself.  My friend Dayana wrote saying that I seem to be filling my time well.  Maria actually responded to the picture as well, which I found curious since she's basically blown me off since last weekend.  She's the only one who acted normal and we've exchanged some messages since.

Finally, Apartment Girl wrote to me when she saw it, asking if I still had her ex-boyfriend in my contacts (I had rented an apartment from him a couple of years ago and that's how I met her) or anyone else who works in the building.  I said I did but I had blocked him from seeing it, but I could delete the picture if she wanted.  She said she thought that would be best and that I probably shouldn't post any more pictures with her so as to not cause her problems.  I asked why it would cause her problems and she said "because I'm still with him."  I said whaaaat?  You're still with your "ex?" and she said yes. :doh:

Needless to say, I don't think the pic experiment went very well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wrote to Vanessa this morning and asked if she was mad at me.  I reiterated that the girl in the pic was just a friend, that she has a boyfriend, and had simply been at the mall running errands and asked me if I wanted to meet up to get something to eat.  Then I asked if she was planning to come over today.  A little while later she sent a message, completely ignored anything about the picture, and said that yes she was planning to come today :excited: .

A few minutes ago she wrote and said she was planning to come at 4-5p but that her mother had just dropped Vanessa's little nephew off for her to watch while the mom goes to do chores.  Long story short, this is exactly the reason why Vanessa cancelled on me two Fridays ago, because mom did the same thing and never came back until the next day (even though she knew Vanessa had plans).  If today falls through I'm going to lose my ####!

I'm about to give up.  Not surprisingly, Vanessa cancelled at 5:30 because her mom still hadn't come back to get the kid, but said that she could come tomorrow to cook.  So I wrote to Valentina to see if she was available.  She said she'd already eaten with some friends but that we could meet up around 8:30.  Ok, cool.

6:30 Vanessa writes to me and says her mom came home.  And then nothing.  Soooo... did the plan change?  I said "you're still not coming, right?"  No answer.  Finally at 7:00 she writes and says she's mad at me.  What??  What did I do?  Silence.  Tried to call her, call declined.  She finally replies, tells me to forget it, etc.  Wtf.  Then 15 minutes later she finally says that she's mad that I would go out with another girl (or that I went out with another girl, my translation wasn't clear).  I said you mean the other night?  She says I don't know, forget it, what did you have for dinner?

In the middle of all this, Maria sends me an hola.

I tell Vanessa I haven't had dinner, I was waiting for her to confirm again that she wasn't coming so I could go get something to eat.  She says go find something to eat.

Finally replied to Maria after about 40 min, so not expecting a response anytime soon.

And Valentina just wrote telling me it's raining where she lives.  That's not good.  Don't get me started with Colombians and rain.  I told her it would be fine in an hour. :doh: :rolleyes:

ETA: Yep, cancelled due to rain.  Three Fridays in a row, ugh.  Heading out for a pizza.

I could never keep this up.  I'd have a middle of the road gf by week 3, going to birthday parties and crap like that.  Then she'd cheat on me and say it was my fault for not understanding or situation better. 
:lmao:   for real. An eager chunky lass would be perfect. I’m exhausted just reading his exploits 

All fair criticisms, but I'm not interested in middle of the road, chunky, or a girlfriend.  I've scored too many attractive girls here before to settle.  Swinging for the fences and gonna strike out.

Maybe the dynamic is different when staying for a longer clip than just a week.  I've had some truly successful weeks before.

That said, I'll try to cut down on the daily ins and outs.  I thought it would be fun to share the drama, but if it's exhausting for you guys then that's no good.

I forget but you're very fluent in Spanish, right?

Maybe a gringo who's fluent in Spanish screams money to them? 

I think our hero needs to up his game with Victoria Secret lotions/sprays. 
Not as good a product.  The only plus is name recognition, but once they use the B&BW they're hooked.  I have chicas talk about that stuff years later, or tell me they'll send me money to get them some more.

I forget but you're very fluent in Spanish, right?

Maybe a gringo who's fluent in Spanish screams money to them? 
I wouldn't say fluent but I'm good enough.  Spanish or not, people here obviously see dollar signs when they see a gringo.  Angie is the only one who has really asked me for anything.  If they're only about the money, then it's usually pretty evident.

All fair criticisms, but I'm not interested in middle of the road, chunky, or a girlfriend.  I've scored too many attractive girls here before to settle.  Swinging for the fences and gonna strike out.

Maybe the dynamic is different when staying for a longer clip than just a week.  I've had some truly successful weeks before.

That said, I'll try to cut down on the daily ins and outs.  I thought it would be fun to share the drama, but if it's exhausting for you guys then that's no good.
nah..keep em coming.  

Vanessa and I scheduled a date again for 2pm yesterday (Saturday).  After the usual rigmarole, including more crap with her mom, she finally showed up at 5:30pm (very typical here to be hours late).  And ohhh man, did she look good, wearing a little black dress showing off her amazing figure.  The original plan for the last week had been for us to cook something, but she wasn't hungry because (of course) she had already eaten something since she was so late.  That happens all the time too, you make plans to eat, then they're super late and already eat while you're left starving.  So we went over to the mall to pick up something for me to eat and brought it back to the apartment.  We watched a couple of movies and then started watching a series she likes.  We were snuggled up on the couch the whole time, she was playing with my hair, etc.  I kept trying to go in for a kiss but she kept putting me off, basically telling me that I was in the doghouse (she asked again who the girl was in the picture I posted, and seemed to calm down a bit when I told her I've known the girl for 3 years).  She kept teasing me too and laughing.  But finally she stopped torturing me and we started making out, yadda yadda yadda, :pickle: .  Woohoo!  She ended up spending the night, which was very nice.  Nothing like a young hot chica walking around in the morning in one of your t-shirts :wub: .  I'm not sure she has a lot of standing to be mad at me though, as she showed me a message that came through from her ex on Tinder <_< .

Mary again tonight.

I've half-watched enough 90 Day Fiance while lounging on the couch with my girl to know that Colombian women are ####### hilarious to watch someone else be in relationships with. :lmao:  

Colty would be proud of you.

Not much new.  Had a great time with Mary on Sunday night.  I'm not sure what her deal is, but I'm not complaining.  She's very sweet, laughs a lot, watched the football game with me, and then we moved to the bedroom.  She's come over twice and the only thing I'm out is the price of the taxis and two beers.  Haven't gone out, haven't bought dinner, etc.

Maria has been writing to me this week.  I get the idea that she wants to get together again, but I'm not sure when to try to fit her in.  Not that I'm booked up, but it's impossible to make concrete plans with any of these girls.  Everything is ever fluid and changing.  So I'm trying to pin Vanessa down, since she's now my #1, but she can never give me a straight answer.  For the last two weeks she's basically told me that she doesn't know when she can come because she doesn't know when she'll have money.  I tell her I'll of course pay for the taxis, but she says she has her own money and prefers to pay her own way.  Never mind that "her own money" is what her dad gives her when he stops by :rolleyes: .  I guess I should just schedule Maria and then deal with the fallout if Vanessa tells me she can get together the same day.

Supposed to see Apartment Girl tonight, but we know for sure now that there's not much chance of anything going anywhere with her.  But that's ok, I just want to have things to do and have a nice time while I'm here.

Setting up my side trips next week to Bogota and Bucaramanga.  I've got my flights and working on accommodations.  Unfortunately I committed a little late and the flights were quite a bit more than what I was hoping to spend.  Get in to Bogota Monday night, there for a couple of days, head to Buca on Thursday and Friday, back to Bogota Saturday, and return to Barranquilla on Sunday morning.  I've got several girls I'm supposed to see in Bogota, so we'll see how that goes.  I've just got a couple of female friends in Bucaramanga.  I've been promising them I'll come visit, and I've never been there before, so I'm taking advantage of the opportunity.  It's supposed to be really nice there.  It's the capital of Santander, but is supposed to have a small town feel and weather a lot like Medellin.  It's a pretty popular place that I've been wanting to see for a long time.  My one amiga there has been trying to figure out how to get me laid while there, so that's been amusing and fun.  Too bad she doesn't seem interested in taking care of it herself.  I've already been hitting Tinder there to see if I can come up with anything.

Gave Vanessa a pretty hard time about the money thing yesterday.  She thought I was mad and finally relented, agreeing to let me pay for her taxi ($4 each way).  So I cancelled with Apartment Girl last night and Vanessa came over.  We ordered in, she bought the food (had enough for that), we watched a movie, and everything else went spectacularly again.

Maria sent me a picture of herself at the gym.  Very nice.  I said earlier I like how they dress here on the coast.  Well I like how they dress at the gym too, geeeez.  So I asked her when we're getting together again and waiting for a reply.  I wonder if I can get a 3-chica rotation going?  Although I don't feel like I'm getting close to any action with Maria.  I do like her though.

Tomorrow marks 4 weeks here and 3 weeks left.  I had originally planned to move on to Cartagena or Bogota for Jan/Feb but now I'm thinking pretty seriously about just coming back here for another turn.

Pretty rough weekend on the chica front.  Was supposed to see Maria on Friday, but she didn't write to me until 4pm asking if we were going to eat.  I didn't see her message until I got back from the gym about 5pm and told her yes.  Sat around until she wrote to me again at 8pm saying that she had just gotten back from the gym.  I asked her what was up then, and she finally replied 20 min later saying that she was stuck on a project that she had to turn in that night.  She finally cancelled at about 8:45pm and said she would come over the next day (Saturday) to make lunch.  She wrote to me at 1pm on Saturday, I replied, then didn't hear from her again until 5:45pm, and haven't heard anything since.  Maddening.

So I wrote to Vanessa on Saturday asking if we were going to see each other and she said no because she was having cramps.  If I think over the last few weeks I suppose that lines up.  So then I wrote to my friend Sara who I've known for years but still haven't seen this trip.  She had said something the other day about getting together Saturday night.  But she never replied.

I had exchanged several messages with Wendy on Friday about getting together on Sunday.  She invited me to watch the big game with her and her friends on Sunday (Colombia played Brazil today here in Barranquilla).  She said she'd let me know where they were going to be watching it after she got home that evening from work.  Never heard from her again.  I sent a message yesterday (Saturday) but nothing.  I guess I should have asked Mary to come over today but I really didn't feel like it after everything else.  At least I had football to watch all weekend.

Leaving for Bogota tomorrow night (Monday).  Delight called me today asking when I was coming and reiterated that she wants to see me.  I'm supposed to get together with 21-year old Valentina tomorrow night after I get in.  We've been talking for a couple of months.  I keep floating the idea of friends with benefits out there and she seems intrigued.  Supposed to have lunch on Tuesday at my favorite restaurant with 24-year old Sara B. on Tuesday.  We met back in December when I was in Bogota and also joked about fwb.  She came back to the apartment with me at that time but unfortunately wasn't allowed to enter the building due to the Covid rules that were in place.  So we'll see if it goes anywhere this time.

This thread is awesome.   Keep it going.   Reminds me of a column I used to read in San Fran called “Night Cabbie.”  It was this dude who drove a cab and wrote a weekly column in the SF Chronicle about his experiences.  Still my favorite read from back in the day.   But this thread has way more near-action.

This thread is awesome.   Keep it going.   Reminds me of a column I used to read in San Fran called “Night Cabbie.”  It was this dude who drove a cab and wrote a weekly column in the SF Chronicle about his experiences.  Still my favorite read from back in the day.   But this thread has way more near-action.
:lol: :doh: :cry:

eoMMan said:
What was Mary's backstory again?
20 years old, studying orthodontology I've been chatting with her a few months.  She told me before I came down here that she wanted to pasarla rico with me, which is pretty much as green light as you'll get.  She came over two weeks ago finally for the first time, we :pickle: , she came over again last Sunday and we :pickle: .  Probably should have called her yesterday but didn't, since I was kind of tired of dealing with chicas for the weekend and everyone had something going on yesterday for the big game.

Alex P Keaton said:

Dez clearly needs to step up his hug game 

Wendy wrote today asking for forgiveness for not writing this weekend.  Actually, it was a voice message.  I hate when they send those because more often than not I can't understand what they're saying.  I think she said she didn't have any money to go anywhere so she sat around all weekend and didn't do anything.  She also said she has Tuesday and Thursday off this week if I want to meet up.  I think I'm just going to ignore her.  There's no excuse for not writing to me regardless, since she clearly had invited me out to watch the game on Sunday and had said she would let me know more.  Just going to leave her en visto (when they can see you've read/heard their message but don't reply).

Wendy wrote today asking for forgiveness for not writing this weekend.  Actually, it was a voice message.  I hate when they send those because more often than not I can't understand what they're saying.  I think she said she didn't have any money to go anywhere so she sat around all weekend and didn't do anything.  She also said she has Tuesday and Thursday off this week if I want to meet up.  I think I'm just going to ignore her.  There's no excuse for not writing to me regardless, since she clearly had invited me out to watch the game on Sunday and had said she would let me know more.  Just going to leave her en visto (when they can see you've read/heard their message but don't reply).
It seems like there is a massive amount of game playing that is going on, all of which is just code for “pay me 💰 so that we can 🦴.”

Am I missing something?

Users who are viewing this thread