What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Recommend a Movie for Tonight (1 Viewer)

same thing with me. thought about it recently - how weird, wild & wonderful it was yet is now completely forgotten. was already off Prime when i thought of it again and HATE giving Amazon a penny more than i have to. thought i'd get a younger person's opinion here

We have been on an Affleck movie thing since my 16 year old daughter hadn't seen these, but:

Gone Baby Gone

Gone Girl

We are going to show the Town next....

For Campy/fun movies-The Blues Brothers, Gumball Rally (cross country auto race),

Freebie and the Bean- the original buddy movie with James Caan and Alan Arkin as cops. 

For campy with a touch of gore- Depalma's Body Double.

Horrorish/mystery- Lord of Illusions.

Old school- Steve McQueens Le Mans.

Last edited by a moderator:
Blackhat with Chris Hemsworth — didn’t think I’d like any movie with the Thor guy but this was pretty entertaining — directed by Michael Mann if that makes a difference....

The Burning on Shudder was a fun throwback horror set at a summer camp. Released in 1981. A young Jason Alexander with luxurious hair. Jodie Foster is in the entire movie and has 0 lines. Fisher Stevens plays a skinny, dorky white guy and not a racist stereotype. Tom Savini F/X. The bad guy is named Cropsey.

Family fun for everyone.

I watched Batman Begins again last night. I liked it when it came out. I had the closed captioning on last night, and it’s a pretty bad movie when you actually read the script. 

If you have Netflix, check out Good Time. 

After a botched bank robbery lands his younger brother in prison, Connie Nikas embarks on a twisted odyssey through New York City's underworld to get his brother Nick out of jail.

The Crawling Eye is on at 8 tonight(channel 'MeTV').
about time it got the Svengoolie treatment...

one of the great anticlimaxes of my life - in the pre-cable, pre-VHS days, Boston TV had a pretty solid tradition of showing both great and ironically-great flix on latenite TV. there was kind of a loose club which ran thru many of my social sets which dictated that, if there was a movie on the toob somebody loved enough to build a party around  that everybody had to show up, even if it was on @ 2-3:300 in the morning (half the people i knew were living on greenies in those days, so sleep wasnt much of a prob).

my Catholic mother sheltered me from a LOT of content when i was young but, my first year in school, all the kids had seen this great horror flick so i begbegbegged her to let me go. she finally relented but it was the last time she did cuz i didnt sleep until the 3rd night (even then it took a whole bottle of paregoric) after watching that frozen nuclear cloud of decapitating occuli.

hadnt seen it since 1960 but saw it listed for a Tuesday @ 2am of my youngadulthood, hosted by Weird Ol' Electric Uncle George, on Ch 5. Built a giant party around it in my giant party house and proceeded to bore and disappoint about 40 people with my tale of Alpine horror. hopping between it and the Andre the Giant documentary was the 1st time i seen it since. :yucky:

Speaking of Andre, he might have been both the greatest pro wrestler and the greatest amateur drinker, all at the same time.

Users who are viewing this thread