What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trip to Israel (1 Viewer)

cashman88

Footballguy
I'm planning a trip to Israel this December; hoping that covid travel restrictions are lifted by then.  Calling on the FFA to see if anyone has any tips or recommendations for the trip.

Our current plan is a couple of days in Tel Aviv, 4 days in Jerusalem and surrounding areas, and then a 2 day trip to Eliat (with a day trip into Petra too).  It's a short trip and we'll be cramming in lots of site seeing in a relatively short time.

Thanks in advance.

A day trip to Masada and the Dead Sea is very cool.  If you are religious at all, Galilee is more amazing than Jerusalem to me.  More reliably historic sites to visit.  If not, it's still beautiful to see.

What are the ages of the people in your group?  If you have kids and you’re packing every day with historical and religious sites you will hear a lot of whining.

A day trip to Masada and the Dead Sea is very cool.  If you are religious at all, Galilee is more amazing than Jerusalem to me.  More reliably historic sites to visit.  If not, it's still beautiful to see.
Also, if you’re going to use a guide at all, find a good one. A good number of historic sites visited heavily by tourists are probably wrong. A good guide will know which ones are more likely to be legit and which ones are more likely to be found in other places.

Because we only have 8 days, we feel that we have choose between seeing Galilee/Haifa area or seeing Eliat/Jordan (Petra).  So far, we're choosing Petra, but I'm open to being convinced otherwise if northern Israel is not to be missed.

Because we only have 8 days, we feel that we have choose between seeing Galilee/Haifa area or seeing Eliat/Jordan (Petra).  So far, we're choosing Petra, but I'm open to being convinced otherwise if northern Israel is not to be missed.
Are you going for secular or religious reasons?  As I mentioned, if religious Galilee is the answer.  If secular, your current plan is most likely better and would be more interesting to you if it's a choice of one or the other.

Users who are viewing this thread