What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Turns Out Officer Sicknick Died of Natural Causes (2 Viewers)

This death is one of the justifications listed by the Dems in their impeachment documents, yet it's a total fabrication.  That's how far we've fallen.  We're impeaching Presidents no longer in office based upon lies.  Disgusting.
He is still dead.  According to the medical examiner the event likely played a part in it.  Without those events, he is very possibly still alive.  Had he not died, Trump still would have and ahould have been impeached for his words and actions (and inactions) that day and in the months leading up to it.

Also, he was still in office when impeached.

But not with a false murder narrative being pumped relentlessly by CNN and MSNBC. 
I don't think that had any bearing whatsoever that the death of a Capitol Police officer was investigated for murder. What ever you think about the media, they do not determine how the police or the DA proceed. No matter what narrative you choose to follow.

Believe what you want to believe though.

I don't think that had any bearing whatsoever that the death of a Capitol Police officer was investigated for murder. What ever you think about the media, they do not determine how the police or the DA proceed. No matter what narrative you choose to follow.

Especially since the media states they got their information from law enforcement.

I was talking about the impact to the personal lives of the two protesters (and their families).

Wait, is the story that it was just coincidental that he had a stroke and died that day?

Or is there reason to believe the events of January 6 were a contributing factor to his getting a stroke and dying?

If it’s the latter, I think “in the line of duty” seems accurate.
The medial examiner that Amused to Death cited seems to say the events played a role in his condition.  I would agree that saying "in the of duty" is appropriate.
Agreed. 

Last edited by a moderator:
He is still dead.  According to the medical examiner the event likely played a part in it.  Without those events, he is very possibly still alive.  Had he not died, Trump still would have and ahould have been impeached for his words and actions (and inactions) that day and in the months leading up to it.

Also, he was still in office when impeached.
According to a parsed quote from an interview. What question was he asked? Was it in his report? 

He was killed with a fire extinguisher WaPo said so (via unnamed police sources.)

It must have been bear spray! Surely we are right this time. Trust us.

What? No bear spray reaction? No injuries internal or external? Well here trust us when we print this quote from an interview that we dont tell you the questions, show video of it, and we clipped it that the riots are still the cause! Seriously just trust us!!!

According to a parsed quote from an interview. What question was he asked? Was it in his report? 

He was killed with a fire extinguisher WaPo said so (via unnamed police sources.)

What? No bear spray reaction? No injuries internal or external? Well here trust us when we print this quote from an interview that we dont tell you the questions, show video of it, and we clipped it that the riots are still the cause! Seriously just trust us!!!
Possible Babylon bee article, Maxine waters encourages use of bear spray in BLM protests due to it apparently being fine for q conspirators.

This death is one of the justifications listed by the Dems in their impeachment documents, yet it's a total fabrication.  That's how far we've fallen.  We're impeaching Presidents no longer in office based upon lies.  Disgusting.
The assault by itself even without being the cause of death makes me sick. Trying to change the narrative away from the assault and make it about the media is even more disgusting but not surprising. 

So you believe the questions were bad or they are lying about what the Medical Examiner said?  Seems that would be going out of your way to keep from admitting the events of January 6th played a role in his death.

So...you admit nobody said pulverized by a fore extinguisher and that the information came from law enforcement (according to the news report...as mentioned in the next tweet you just cited).

Glad we agree on that.

Your link says all that transpired played a role in his condition which is more severe than the assertion I asked you to fact check.

The assault by itself even without being the cause of death makes me sick. Trying to change the narrative away from the assault and make it about the media is even more disgusting but not surprising. 
Oh please.  Nobody is excusing the riot.  Not one single person.  You made that up in your head.  This thread is about the media once again doing a terrible job and framing events to fit what they want the narrative to be.

Was it really a "lie"?  Or just bad information given by Capitol Police?  Do you think that media outlets ran with a story they knew to be false?
I'm not willing to say yes in this case...But yes, absolutely positively the media WILL and HAVE run with stories that they know to be false.  And if you don't know that, your head is in the sand.

Once again - there were a few valid news reports out there on January 8th that Sicknick was not hit by a fire extinguisher and died of a stroke.  The source for the story was Sicknick’s family.  The MSM chose to ignore it.  Not a mistake.

https://www.propublica.org/article/officer-brian-sicknick-capitol
Later today, when time allows, we should go back into the Jan 6th thread and bump the posts where some of us pointed this little known fact out and warned against getting duped by the media, again.  Yet we were met with frothy resistance because, But Trump!, Resurrection!

It is sad that he died and certainly the events and associated trauma of that day contributed to some degree.  But why wait 14 weeks?  Did they really just want to keep the narrative up?  Do talking points mean that much to the left?   The armed deadly insurection we heard endlessly about including special prime-time coverage....was unarmed, was not deadly and was not even an insurrection.  
It was very much deadly.  Are you serious?

So you believe the questions were bad or they are lying about what the Medical Examiner said?  Seems that would be going out of your way to keep from admitting the events of January 6th played a role in his death.
I believe they are doing what they always do and have done with this exact story. 

The better question here is why do you not have skepticism when the obvious tell tale signs are there? 

The post often provides transcripts of interviews as do many outlets. That didn't happen here. That's important, especially because they have already bungled this story. A reputable journalist would make sure everything for this story was 100% on the level. 

Another sign is that such a statement is pretty much in direct contradiction to what the meat of the story is. That he died of natural causes. Had no injuries, internal or external. No reaction to chemicals. Then there is a parsed broad statement thrown in at the end? Even the hackiest of hacks should at least look at that with a bit of skepticism. 

“all that transpired played a role in his condition.”
Why would they cut off the beginning of the sentence? If the ME thought the riot contributed to his death he is free to put that in his report. Why does he say condition? Why is he free to answer questions about some things, but then claims right to privacy when asked about underlying conditions? If this answer was to a direct question about the riots contributing why would they right before this say 

Diaz’s ruling does not mean Sicknick was not assaulted or that the violent events at the Capitol did not contribute to his death.
If he said they did, they wouldn't be framing it that way.  

I get that sometimes headline writers will parse something to make a splashier headline and of course its a headline, so there is less space. But there is literally no reason to not include in the story the whole quote. Especially on the heels of bad reporting. 

If you read the reuters piece based on the post reporting, they leave that part out completely and I highly doubt that was because they ran out of space. 

If I had to make a gut guess as to what was asked and answered I bet it went like this...

Is it possible that everything that happened on January 6th could have contributed to this condition? and then the answer probably was something like I cant rule out the possibility entirely that all that transpired played a role in his condition. But the only thing that makes logical sense about leaving ot the beginning of the statement is because it makes it less meaningful for the intent of the reporter.

I highly doubt the guy started off saying "Well some butterflies are orange, I like tacos, and all that transpired played a role in his condition." 

That’s not a “mistake”.  It’s journalistic malpractice.  A fact like “he had a gash on his head” is easily verifiable.  It’s ridiculously bad reporting.  Full stop.
It was sourced by two law enforcement officials and immediately corrected when it was found out to be incorrect.  Seriously, how do you want the media reporting on things?

Oh please.  Nobody is excusing the riot.  Not one single person.  You made that up in your head.  This thread is about the media once again doing a terrible job and framing events to fit what they want the narrative to be.
Maybe. If they did, they didn't have to.

There was raw video on the news that was as despicable as hitting a cop with a fire extinguisher. If their motive is liberal bs "framing events," they didn't need to do anything other than press play.

The media fails us at every stop by being lazy and sensationalistic. I wouldn't take this as conspiratorial when there's little benefit.

I don't think I would have been less upset if I knew at the beginning it was stroke. It was still a tragedy Sicknick, Babbitt, others died due to a terrible president, conspiracy cult started by 8chan, and extremist groups.

From the Propublica article posted above, law enforcement put out a statement that Sicknick had died due to injuries sustained on January 6.
Here's the statement from the Capitol Police:

At approximately 9:30 p.m. this evening (January 7, 2021), United States Capitol Police Officer Brian D. Sicknick passed away due to injuries sustained while on-duty. 

Officer Sicknick was responding to the riots on Wednesday, January 6, 2021, at the U.S. Capitol and was injured while physically engaging with protesters.  He returned to his division office and collapsed.  He was taken to a local hospital where he succumbed to his injuries.  The death of Officer Sicknick will be investigated by the Metropolitan Police Department’s Homicide Branch, the USCP, and our federal partners. 

Officer Sicknick joined the USCP in July 2008, and most recently served in the Department’s First Responder’s Unit. 

The entire USCP Department expresses its deepest sympathies to Officer Sicknick’s family and friends on their loss, and mourns the loss of a friend and colleague. 

We ask that Officer Sicknick’s family, and other USCP officers’ and their families’ privacy be respected during this time.

It was very much deadly.  Are you serious?
Yes, for the unarmed women murdered by police.  Other than that, nobody was murdered or even killed.  You had a heart attack, one stroke that day, one stroke the next day and a drug overdose.  

It was sourced by two law enforcement officials and immediately corrected when it was found out to be incorrect.  Seriously, how do you want the media reporting on things?
No it wasn't.  That's part of the lie they told you.

So you don't think the press release from the cops immediately above is newsworthy?  Seems like kind of a big deal to find out that a cop was killed by rioters.
There were no cop sources.  

Here's the statement from the Capitol Police:

At approximately 9:30 p.m. this evening (January 7, 2021), United States Capitol Police Officer Brian D. Sicknick passed away due to injuries sustained while on-duty. 

Officer Sicknick was responding to the riots on Wednesday, January 6, 2021, at the U.S. Capitol and was injured while physically engaging with protesters.  He returned to his division office and collapsed.  He was taken to a local hospital where he succumbed to his injuries.  The death of Officer Sicknick will be investigated by the Metropolitan Police Department’s Homicide Branch, the USCP, and our federal partners. 

Officer Sicknick joined the USCP in July 2008, and most recently served in the Department’s First Responder’s Unit. 

The entire USCP Department expresses its deepest sympathies to Officer Sicknick’s family and friends on their loss, and mourns the loss of a friend and colleague. 

We ask that Officer Sicknick’s family, and other USCP officers’ and their families’ privacy be respected during this time.
They were all in on it. Congrats?

And here we are again.

The easier thing to do when you're wrong is admit it and move on.  You know, like the media.

Users who are viewing this thread