What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Napa wineries (1 Viewer)

Getting plans together.

Staying 5 nights at Alila near St. H.

Going on one day (maybe 2) with Gordon Boswell to see some private wineries TBD.  

Probably will hike the St. Helena trail one day.

Considering doing a kayak trip and probably will do Balloon trip for sure.  

I think after the boutique visit we will quick hit 1 wine place here and there, where we can fit it in.  Doubt we hit the big cattle call places at all or anywhere with a wine club.  Just not our scene.  

Will aim for a French Landry res.  Still a month out there, but it seems provided you are online when it opens for your month it's not that hard to get.

i'm up at Repris (Moon Mountain District) right above Sonoma Valley. 

for drivers, here's a short list: 

Private Wine Drivers - (Ryan McGorry)
Noble Wine Tours - (Austin Noble)
Eclectic Tour - (Darren Schauer)
Rose Wine Tours - (Luke Rose)
Perry's Wine Tours - (Paul Perry)
My girlfriend is taking the level iii WSET test in late July in Napa (just a hobby for her).  We will be out in California for about three weeks, the first five days in Napa and then will do a few days in Sonoma.  Repris looks pretty amazing and it will be on our itinerary.  What other recommendations can you offer in Sonoma?  She wants to hit at least one place in Dry Creek and Russian River Valley.  Probably find a BnB to stay at.  A couple restaurant recommendations would be helpful.  I appreciate any details you can share.

Last edited by a moderator:
My girlfriend is taking the level iii WSET test in late July in Napa (just a hobby for her).  We will be out in California for about three weeks, the first five days in Napa and then will do a few days in Sonoma.  Repris looks pretty amazing and it will be on our itinerary.  What other recommendations can you offer in Sonoma?  She wants to hit at least one place in Dry Creek and Russian River Valley.  Probably find a BnB to stay at.  A couple restaurant recommendations would be helpful.  I appreciate any details you can share.
sounds like a blast! here's a few of my favorite spots in each AVA (possibly mentioned previously in this thread): 

Russian River Valley 

Joseph Swan - historic winery in RRV with a wide selection of wines (especially their Library section) 
Benovia - Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, and a little Grenache
Iron Horse - bubbles & more with a great view
Carlisle Winery - Mike Officer is the owner & winemaker and if you can get an appointment it's well worth it: Zinfandel, Syrah, Mourvedre, Alicante Bouchet, Cabernet Sauvignon. would definitely describe the wines as "CA" in style and on the bigger side. 
Hartford Family Winery - yes, this is a KJ property and some really interesting selections. year after year, my favorite wine there is the Stone Cote Vyd. Chardonnay
Limerick Lane Winery - you want Zinfandel? they've got Zinfandel. 
Claypool Cellars - funky/cool little spot featuring Pinot Noir. owner is Les Claypool of PRIMUS fame. 

food - The Underwood Bar & Bistro in Graton is a must-stop for lunch or early dinner. 

Dry Creek Valley - 

Unti - Rhones and a few Italian varieties; really well crafted and a little under the radar
Ridge Lytton Springs - a CA icon with a great reputation: Rhones, Zinfandel, Syrah, Cabernet Sauvignon and BDX-style blends
Kokomo Winery - smaller producer with a wide selection of wines: Zinfandel, Syrah, Chardonnay, Malbec, Cabernet Sauvignon, and Pinot Noir
Lambert Bridge - another solid producer with a strong portfolio of wines: Cabernet Sauvignon/Franc, Malbec, Petit Verdot, Zinfandel, Chardonnay

food - Barndiva is arguably the best meal in Healdsburg/Dry Creek....very much a farm-to-face kind of experience. 

if you have specific questions just let me know!

sounds like a blast! here's a few of my favorite spots in each AVA (possibly mentioned previously in this thread): 

Russian River Valley 

Dry Creek Valley - 

Unti - Rhones and a few Italian varieties; really well crafted and a little under the radar
Holy crap, I forgot this place existed. We went, I don't know, a decade+ ago, during barrel tasting. They had a cheap little blend that was crazy tasty. Segromigno (sp?). We went back a couple years later and they didn't have it. Sold out, quit making it... no idea. Very disappointing. Quaint little place at the time. 

MY wife loves Dry Creek Vineyard and joined their wine club last time we were there.

food - The Underwood Bar & Bistro in Graton is a must-stop for lunch or early dinner. 

Dry Creek Valley - 

food - Barndiva is arguably the best meal in Healdsburg/Dry Creek....very much a farm-to-face kind of experience. 
Both excellent.

In Healdsburg, I am also fond of Bravas, Willie's, spoonbar, dry creek kitchen

We had an exceptional meal at  Farmhouse Inn for my wife's birthday.

Users who are viewing this thread