What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Daily Beast Reports the Columbus Girl was Unarmed and Knife was Lying on the Ground (1 Viewer)

I really can't believe anybody would need to prove anymore the MSM is biased. Look who you're arguing with. Save your breath. There's no need to convince him. He can be wrong again. Alone. In his room with his typewriter, agreeing with the guy who doesn't think Maxine Waters was doing anything wrong and that it's all contextual.

Hey, I have context for thriftyrocker. How's this for a lede: "Cop shoots knife-wielding teen trying to murder somebody in broad limelight while adult acquaintances kick head of other teen lying on the ground."

That's context.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really can't believe anybody would need to prove anymore the MSM is biased. Look who you're arguing with. Save your breath. There's no need to convince him. He can be wrong again. Alone. In his room with his typewriter, agreeing with the guy who doesn't think Maxine Waters was doing anything wrong and that it's all contextual.

Hey, I have context for thriftyrocker. How's this for a lede: "Cop shoots knife-wielding teen trying to murder somebody in broad limelight while adult acquaintances kick head of other teen lying on the ground."

That's context.
Your title would be racist, victim shaming, needing a trigger warning, and honest. Can't have that.

You want to say it’s slanted, fine. Again my biggest objection to Ivan’s post was that he claimed there was a false narrative being reported, and that he was being lied to. These are both untrue. 
Intentionally misleading is legally the same as lying.  

This is the usual noise from the usual suspects. It's a lost cause. So is the media at this point, given who comprises it.
Yep.  When the propaganda consistently and 99.9% of the time favors your side then it's easy to sit in your bubble and pretend that the truth is what is being reported. 

It's absurd and incredulous, of course, but it's what he does. :shrug:

This scenario is so obvious even Don Lemon and Cuomo are on the right side of this
Kicking and screaming, led to water. I suppose this will happen with more video evidence. That situation looked like it was straight out of the miscellany of Worldstarhiphop, only with an obvious knife being used to nearly stab somebody, potentially fatally.

Worldstar! Worldstar!

That's not racist, that's what half the people that went to Worldstar went for. There's even a chant about it. Black-on-black beatings, recorded on video. That's what the bodycam looked like.

Worldstar! Worldstar!

This is clearly a cultural thing run absolutely amok, and has been so for about ten years or longer now. How to police it? Good luck.

A couple of low hanging fruits here.

1. Where is the daily covid death counts on CNN's website? They ran constantly under Trump. Are people no longer dying of covid under Biden?

2. Where is the constant "kids in cages" articles on CNN and MSNBC? Did all that stop under Biden? You sure would think so if you compare it to the coverage from the last administration.

Those topics were daily!! Now? Gone! Nope. No agenda there!! 

OK. Personally I would argue that anyone who claims that the MSM is a mouthpiece of propaganda for the Party has no credibility. But that’s just me. 

The majority of conservatives in America share some or all of your opinion on this. Thankfully, the majority of Americans do not. Eventually this flawed conservative perception of the media will have to change or the right will continue to head down the road towards irrational extremism. 
The only analogy I can think of with regard to this post is taking a foul shot and shooting it over the backboard.  You are making up stats now.  A Gallup poll from last September shows 86% of Americans think the media is biased.  You are in a very small minority on this issue, and that’s just a fact.

https://dailycaller.com/2020/09/10/poll-americans-think-media-biased-fake-news/

1. Where is the daily covid death counts on CNN's website? They ran constantly under Trump. Are people no longer dying of covid under Biden?

2. Where is the constant "kids in cages" articles on CNN and MSNBC? Did all that stop under Biden? You sure would think so if you compare it to the coverage from the last administration.

It's like the homeless problem under Reagan and Bush and then Bush and then Trump. Always there, depends on who is in office how it gets covered. With Democrats in charge, it's the result of mental illness and addiction. With Republicans in charge, it's denial of budgetary leniency for them. Individualized root and group causes for Democrats, policy for Republicans.

See? Of course they covered it!

To try a different tack on this, lots of people have recently reposted the original police report describing George Floyd's death.  It's technically accurate in the sense that it contains facts, but it's intentionally written in such a way so as to deceive the reader.  It was a lie.  Fortunately, we had a video recording of that police encounter, so we can see with our own two eyes how Floyd was murdered, and we can see that the police were just lying about what happened.  I for one will never, ever take a police report at face value ever again.  I'm thankful for the person who recorded that event, because it made me realize that I was placing too much trust in LEOs.  Not all police officers are lying miscreants, of course, but we know with certainty that some of them are, so a certain degree of skepticism is warranted.

I don't quite understand why people can't hold the media to that same standard.  How many times do you have to be lied to before you conclude that maybe you should update your priors?

Where is the press challenging Psaki when the response from the white house to a police officer saving a black life is

"we have to stop police violence against black people and systemic racism" ... paraphrasing

To try a different tack on this, lots of people have recently reposted the original police report describing George Floyd's death.  It's technically accurate in the sense that it contains facts, but it's intentionally written in such a way so as to deceive the reader.  It was a lie.  Fortunately, we had a video recording of that police encounter, so we can see with our own two eyes how Floyd was murdered, and we can see that the police were just lying about what happened.  I for one will never, ever take a police report at face value ever again.  I'm thankful for the person who recorded that event, because it made me realize that I was placing too much trust in LEOs.  Not all police officers are lying miscreants, of course, but we know with certainty that some of them are, so a certain degree of skepticism is warranted.

I don't quite understand why people can't hold the media to that same standard.  How many times do you have to be lied to before you conclude that maybe you should update your priors?
It takes an inquisitive and questioning mind to update one's priors. Think of who you're arguing with. It's all part and parcel of deference to authority and expert claims about issues. These are people that love the state, that love the workings of bureaucracy. People that love top-down experts in the field creating policy.

There are good things that come of that sometimes. Sometimes we're in need of state management and top-down expertise. Take the pandemic, for instance. A pretty good example of the need for expertise and state management (to what degree I'll let the end user decide). The power of the state had to be used, in my opinion, and it certainly was.

The question is how much deference and in what realm to extend it to? The media thinks that a bunch of college and journalism graduates (it is not that hard to learn to compellingly scribble with editors around) are experts in philosophy and critical race theory, and that this must be brought to bear on the public. That's how we get the imprimatur of "expertise" in corporate, for-profit settings like the news media. Because that narrative sells. It both reviles and animates people, and we're going to get more of it in the future, not less. It does indeed behoove one to have an independently questioning mind if we're going to solve problems that are as nebulous as racial ones.

Where is the press challenging Psaki when the response from the white house to a police officer saving a black life is

"we have to stop police violence against black people and systemic racism" ... paraphrasing
That was such a shameful response to this event by the Biden Administration.  I lose more and more respect for them in a daily basis.  Was really hoping we got the crappy Presidency thing out of our system.

That was such a shameful response to this event by the Biden Administration.  I lose more and more respect for them in a daily basis.  Was really hoping we got the crappy Presidency thing out of our system.
BUT HIS APPROVAL RATING IS 56%!  HE'S KILLING IT!!!

BUT HIS APPROVAL RATING IS 56%!  HE'S KILLING IT!!!
That really isn't very hard coming off of the nightmare we just had in the Oval Office. I know guys on the board that agree with me on BLM and media matters don't neceassarily think so, but I approve of Biden's job compared to the one done by Donald Trump, and I think that's what most people are responding to.

Does the current administration get everything right, or even come close on some issues? No, but I'm not actively afraid of them messing up something very good that we've got going on in this country. In retrospect, Donald Trump deserves way more credit for the production and distribution of vaccines to the general public. That's in a reassessment of him. But to compare him to Biden is to come up seriously lacking in even basic areas like punctilio that the President should comport himself with at all times.

The only analogy I can think of with regard to this post is taking a foul shot and shooting it over the backboard.  You are making up stats now.  A Gallup poll from last September shows 86% of Americans think the media is biased.  You are in a very small minority on this issue, and that’s just a fact.

https://dailycaller.com/2020/09/10/poll-americans-think-media-biased-fake-news/
But this isn’t what you wrote. Of course the public disagrees with me and thinks the msm is biased. That’s the result of decades of being fed this garbage by popular right wing talk show hosts. 
But they don’t believe the MSM is lying to them like PRAVDA. That’s an extremist Trumpist view and it will never be prevalent. I hope

That really isn't very hard coming off of the nightmare we just had in the Oval Office. I know guys on the board that agree with me on BLM and media matters don't neceassarily think so, but I approve of Biden's job compared to the one done by Donald Trump, and I think that's what most people are responding to.

Does the current administration get everything right, or even come close on some issues? No, but I'm not actively afraid of them messing up something very good that we've got going on in this country. In retrospect, Donald Trump deserves way more credit for the production and distribution of vaccines to the general public. That's in a reassessment of him. But to compare him to Biden is to come up seriously lacking in even basic areas like punctilio that the President should comport himself with at all times.
Hmmm, that is tough.  Trump stirred up a lot of crap both domestically and internationally.  From a perspective of settling down the nation's inner rage and international condemnation, Biden is doing a better job.  They both stink from the perspective of spending, with both spent freely on everything.  Biden's energy policy will bite us in the both soon, and we are already seeing energy prices spike up and it will only get worse.  In some ways, it is a relief that legal immigration policies will be more open, but Biden also seems to be encourage a huge wave of illegal immigration.  I can't give my stamp of approval to either.  

But this isn’t what you wrote. Of course the public disagrees with me and thinks the msm is biased. That’s the result of decades of being fed this garbage by popular right wing talk show hosts. 
But they don’t believe the MSM is lying to them like PRAVDA. That’s an extremist Trumpist view and it will never be prevalent. I hope
It is not the media's fault for being bias, it is those evil right wing talk shows for pointing it out.  🤣

It is not the media's fault for being bias, it is those evil right wing talk shows for pointing it out.  🤣
The funny thing in all this is that Tim - in defending the MSM and not believing in its bias - is actually proving that propaganda does, indeed, work.  The MSM has hooked him completely - just like Pravda did back in the day.

It's coming close to PRAVDA, tim. People are willfully ignoring facts to support a narrative, just like PRAVDA. And the trend is only going to get worse, if my left-wing friends calling for an extension of this are to be believed. (And believe it or not, there is a huge movement on the left to move the media more towards what they feel is truly accurate reporting by the MSM. They think the NYT gives too much credence to right-wing arguments. I can't make this up.)

BladeRunner said:
The funny thing in all this is that Tim - in defending the MSM and not believing in its bias - is actually proving that propaganda does, indeed, work.  The MSM has hooked him completely - just like Pravda did back in the day.
It’s certainly proving that right wing media is working on YOU 

I can't stand right wing talk shows like Tucker or Hannity. I also can't stand Cuomo, Lemon, Maddow etc etc. I think those type of shows are destroying trust in media. I think Fox is biased and has an agenda. The same way I feel about the CNN'S of the world. I find it incredibly tough to find unbiased news. I've come to my own conclusions based on what I see with my own eyes and ears, not based on "right wing tv". That's a false narrative.

timschochet said:
Of course the public believes there's a police brutality problem.  That's the result of decades of being fed this garbage by left wing media. 

I can't stand right wing talk shows like Tucker or Hannity. I also can't stand Cuomo, Lemon, Maddow etc etc. I think those type of shows are destroying trust in media. I think Fox is biased and has an agenda. The same way I feel about the CNN'S of the world. I find it incredibly tough to find unbiased news. I've come to my own conclusions based on what I see with my own eyes and ears, not based on "right wing tv". That's a false narrative.
I think most people truly being objective have no problem spotting biases, agendas and false narratives.  I never spent much time consuming talk radio or fox news or any right-wing media.  But my occasional viewing of mainstream sources usually makes my stomach turn with the obscene bias that gets presented as news.

This entire thread is trolling, its right in the OP calling out specific posters. :shrug:  
You should probably go back and actually read the original - and edited - post where the OP clearly acknowledges his mistake and corrected it.

Pro-Tip: Having the full details and information will help you make better and more informed posts in the future.  :thumbup:

rockaction said:

That's context.
Well yeah.  I mean say what you want, and I have said many things..One thing is absolute.  Tim wouldn't know a biased news source if it hit him across the face.  THAT we can at least all agree on.   

Well yeah.  I mean say what you want, and I have said many things..One thing is absolute.  Tim wouldn't know a biased news source if it hit him across the face.  THAT we can at least all agree on.   
And, to be fair, it's not just Tim.  There are MANY in here who support the same position as him - fully hooked believers. Those Who Shall Not Be Named.

And I agree with this...I hate all bias in all media.  It makes me crazy.  

And, to be fair, it's not just Tim in here.  There are MANY in here who support the same position as Tim. Those Who Shall Not Be Named.
Yeah I know..but ths one LOVES to tell you "You should read this blah blah blah article" and tells you it is a balanced viewpoint and I think all the time--This is the last person on the planet that could recognize a balanced article yet he still preaches it.

It would be like Chauvin telling you how to properly and carefully subdue criminal suspects.

djmich said:

was wondering the same thing.

rockaction said:

That's context.
Unfortunately it’s not just context, it’s 100% accurate.  And outside of here I’ve seen not one, not one, article even mentioning the actions, or extreme lack thereof, of the adults on the scene.  That’s pure negligence imo.  It also delegitimizes the actual instances of police malfeasance.  

Users who are viewing this thread