What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Daily Beast Reports the Columbus Girl was Unarmed and Knife was Lying on the Ground (1 Viewer)

There's another video of this event circulating now that provides a clearer view of what happened.  I'm not going to link to it because it seems like the sort of thing that JB wouldn't want here, but it very strongly supports the view that this was an entirely justified shooting.  I know that's not really in doubt here, but some of the takes out there in the media are pretty wild.

Tim is not arrogant. I think he likes making bold proclamations, often times based on very little, and he certainly sounds (for lack of a better term) brainwashed by the media, but he’s never struck me as arrogant. 
Well I don't want to turn this into a tim bash.  So I will not counter this.   Cheers

I need a healthier diet for sure. The media isn’t what I need to cut out though. 
Well, you need to stop consuming the same media day after day in your diet.  Too much of the same thing is not good for anyone.  Start looking at the back of the box for the nutritional information.  You'd be surprised how much MSM you're consuming.  :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
How far right does one have to be to regard my decidedly moderate views as “far left radical thinking”? 
take it for what it's worth but one overriding trait the far left has is that most conservatives are inherently racist & afraid of brown & black people overtaking the white population.

This is so wrong & so racist of whoever says it & some say it a lot in here and elsewhere. It's a pathetic statement made to make the author of it somehow feel superior.  

like water off a ducks back though so never mind.

take it for what it's worth but one overriding trait the far left has is that most conservatives are inherently racist & afraid of brown & black people overtaking the white population.

This is so wrong & so racist of whoever says it & some say it a lot in here and elsewhere. It's a pathetic statement made to make the author of it somehow feel superior.  

like water off a ducks back though so never mind.
Who, specifically, says that around here? 

I oppose Tim.  I've said before I think those that are as far left as him are downright dangerous---I check out CNN, Fox, my local news, Yahoo, USA today, Reuters.  Quite a few actually.  Difference is I can see bias, on both sides.   I am capable of recognizing it.....That's what males me different.
Man, you can’t say “that’s what makes me different “ and in the next breath call Tim arrogant.  

i don’t know if there is an appropriate laugh emoji to capture that hilarity

Man, you can’t say “that’s what makes me different “ and in the next breath call Tim arrogant.  

i don’t know if there is an appropriate laugh emoji to capture that hilarity
Yes I can.   I just did.  I never said I wasn't arrogant.   Based on what I've seen here todsy especially.   It isn't an either or situation

Who, specifically, says that around here? 
What are you going to do with the information 😄

#1.  The OP just said the far left, did not say posters here.

#2.  I'm not sure there a lot of folks here that I'd describe as far left.  Heck, I just defended Tim from the far left description earlier.  Although interestingly I'm not sure if he'd agree with the most conservatives inherently racist or not thought...I'd actually guess he does from his posts but will let him speak for himself.

#3.  I'd tell you that I've seen a number of instances where I thought racism was implied to me or others...or at minimum the meandering thought pattern of "why would you think this...but for racism".  I'm not going to spend an hour combing through posts to find them but I'll make an effort to @ you when I do see them.

#2.  I'm not sure there a lot of folks here that I'd describe as far left.  Heck, I just defended Tim from the far left description earlier.  Although interestingly I'm not sure if he'd agree with the most conservatives inherently racist or not thought...I'd actually guess he does from his posts but will let him speak for himself.

#3.  I'd tell you that I've seen a number of instances where I thought racism was implied to me or others...or at minimum the meandering thought pattern of "why would you think this...but for racism".  I'm not going to spend an hour combing through posts to find them but I'll make an effort to @ you when I do see them.
In that 2nd bolded he claimed that "some say it a lot around here", when referring to the first claim that the far left think that most conservatives are inherently racist, etc..   That is a bold statement.  Do you believe that there are posters here that believe most conservatives are inherently racist?   

I know we rub each other the wrong way around here sometimes, but yeah - I guess that's what I took away from that post, and tire of generalizing posts like that.    No need to scrounge through old posts, I have seen stuff like what you are talking about with #3- back and forth shots.  I don't see that as the same thing as general comment like was made.  :shrug:    

(cue the "come on, you know what was meant" posts). 

In that 2nd bolded he claimed that "some say it a lot around here", when referring to the first claim that the far left think that most conservatives are inherently racist, etc..   That is a bold statement.  Do you believe that there are posters here that believe most conservatives are inherently racist?   

I know we rub each other the wrong way around here sometimes, but yeah - I guess that's what I took away from that post, and tire of generalizing posts like that.    No need to scrounge through old posts, I have seen stuff like what you are talking about with #3- back and forth shots.  I don't see that as the same thing as general comment like was made.  :shrug:    

(cue the "come on, you know what was meant" posts). 
Bold ..for sure.  I mean the logic of the left would seem to dictate this is a requirement. 

Do some posters think racism is a big issue in the issue?  Yes

Is racism a big issue without a lot of racists?  No

Are the left racists?  No

Do you think no posters believe this?

If anyone does, then who's remaining to be racists...Conservatives.

Bold ..for sure.  I mean the logic of the left would seem to dictate this is a requirement. 

Do some posters think racism is a big issue in the issue?  Yes

Is racism a big issue without a lot of racists?  No

Are the left racists?  No

Do you think no posters believe this?

If anyone does, then who's remaining to be racists...Conservatives.
The bolded is where you lose me.    It can be an issue without a lot of racists.   Hell, you and I just had a fruitful conversation in the systemic racism thread as to how that could be.   

So no - I don't believe that there are posters here that believe that most conservatives are inherently racist.   

The bolded is where you lose me.    It can be an issue without a lot of racists.   Hell, you and I just had a fruitful conversation in the systemic racism thread as to how that could be.   

So no - I don't believe that there are posters here that believe that most conservatives are inherently racist.   
Couple things...and this is good convo, I'm not trying to "come at ya"

I think I should lose you on the bolded...I don't think you believe it (that most conservatives are racists).  But you are not every poster and you are certainly not all of "the left".

Also, me making a case that there are racists in the system is not evidence that other people don't think there are a lot of conservative racists.  One has nothing to do with the other.

I think we'll just disagree on whether there are posters on here that believe it or not.  What I would say is that there are a lot of racists that don't think they are racist too...but when you hear them talk... 

Couple things...and this is good convo, I'm not trying to "come at ya"

I think I should lose you on the bolded...I don't think you believe it (that most conservatives are racists).  But you are not every poster and you are certainly not all of "the left".

Also, me making a case that there are racists in the system is not evidence that other people don't think there are a lot of conservative racists.  One has nothing to do with the other.

I think we'll just disagree on whether there are posters on here that believe it or not.  What I would say is that there are a lot of racists that don't think they are racist too...but when you hear them talk... 
I can see why people start really not liking people from different spectrums.   Just talking sheer numbers - 25-30% of people identify as R?  So about 50M adults give or take (200M+ adults currently).  Saying "most" to means means 50%+ - so 25M million or more racists running around the country?  Holy ####.  You honestly think people believe this?  

I realize I am being a tad extreme, but again, I think that was an extreme thing for the OP to claim too.  

Yes, I believe that people around here would probably believe something like  " no, the vast majority of X party is not racist, but if somebody is racist, they probably belong to X party".   Hell, I think there are people on both sides of the aisle that believe that about the opposite party.  

If anybody believes the majority of any party are racists, just shoot me a PM so I know who to add to my ignore list.  ;)  

1. I do not believe that most conservatives are racist. Quite the opposite. 
2. I do believe that the election of Donald Trump was at least in part motivated by a fear of whites being overtaken by minorities. This belief is not based on political convictions but what polling indicated. It’s not something I really want to believe, but that’s what the facts led me to. 
3. That being said, extremism is not about what you think is happening, but about what you WANT to happen. Some of you may think I’m extremist on these racial issues, but consider my solutions: I want federal rules and training  applied to police, but I want them paid MORE, not less. I want more money for our inner cities, especially education, and I want Jack Kemp’s old idea of tax free zones to spur investment. And maybe some relaxation for certain nonviolent  drug use crimes, but not for the serious drugs. 
Agree or disagree these are mild solutions, because I’m a mild guy. I don’t like it when government kicks up too much of a fuss. Just a little tinkering here and there. 

2. I do believe that the election of Donald Trump was at least in part motivated by a fear of whites being overtaken by minorities. This belief is not based on political convictions but what polling indicated. It’s not something I really want to believe, but that’s what the facts led me to. 
3. That being said, extremism is not about what you think is happening, but about what you WANT to happen. Some of you may think I’m extremist on these racial issues, but consider my solutions: I want federal rules and training  applied to police, but I want them paid MORE, not less. I want more money for our inner cities, especially education, and I want Jack Kemp’s old idea of tax free zones to spur investment. And maybe some relaxation for certain nonviolent  drug use crimes, but not for the serious drugs. 
Agree or disagree these are mild solutions, because I’m a mild guy. I don’t like it when government kicks up too much of a fuss. Just a little tinkering here and there. 
You don't think the bold is racist?  I personally am not a big fan of the term racist as I think it is over-applied.  White supremacist is over-over applied.  But I think I'm not typical in this regard.

Your solutions in #3 are certainly not extreme.  Might not agree with them all or to different extents, but not extreme.  Maybe you are like the Chihuahua whose bark is outsized for its bite?

You don't think the bold is racist?  I personally am not a big fan of the term racist as I think it is over-applied.  White supremacist is over-over applied.  But I think I'm not typical in this regard.

Your solutions in #3 are certainly not extreme.  Might not agree with them all or to different extents, but not extreme.  Maybe you are like the Chihuahua whose bark is outsized for its bite?
I have actually had it said to me so I don’t find it racist - it’s factual in my world

The bold, as I wrote, is based on polling and scientific analysis: 

https://www.pnas.org/content/115/19/E4330

Read it for yourself. I didn’t want to believe it (still don’t.) 

Dear God :no:

Putting all police under federal government rule is extreme.   

That’s not what I proposed. I wrote “I want federal rules and training applied to police”- meaning ONE rule throughout the nation on use of chokeholds, etc. What you wrote is entirely different. 

That’s not what I proposed. I wrote “I want federal rules and training applied to police”- meaning ONE rule throughout the nation on use of chokeholds, etc. What you wrote is entirely different. 
If you have one federal entity dictating rules and procedures then you are in fact putting them under federal government rule.  It is that simple.  :shrug:

One thing is for sure, lefties always throw out that race card because they picture all white conservatives are racist. 
So you make your argument against being in a gop-voting racists bucket by placing the left in a bucket

I don't know of anyone that thinks the gop-support = racist - that's just something the right tells you to manipulate you

I do think the last president appealed to racists.  If not for racists, he wouldn't have won in 2016 and would have been beaten worse in 2020

In Canada the RCMP makes up around 30% of the countries police force.  It's up to each city whether they want a federal or private police force.  I don't think there is a big difference between the two.

One thing I agree with is that you need to pay the police more.  

No it isn’t. That’s simply wrong and rather silly. 
I'm sorry your words are not conveying what you wish them to.  Would you like to try again?  Please advise how does one apply federal rules and training to local police forces if they are not under federal rule?  One would have to think that either there is a federal mandate enforcing said rules and policies or the local police voluntarily submit to adhere to said rules and policies from the federal level.  Whichever the case may be, the end result is still in fact a police force subjugated to federal rules and training which would also be known as federal government rule.   

Now if you wish to state the police forces can use guidelines from the federal level to set their own rules and training policies, that is fine.  But I'm sorry, a sentence of

I want federal rules and training  applied to police
can only be interpreted as federal governance of local police force rules, policies, and training.  Your "want" cannot occur without that level of control as nothing is forcing its application.   

I'm sorry your words are not conveying what you wish them to.  Would you like to try again?  Please advise how does one apply federal rules and training to local police forces if they are not under federal rule?  One would have to think that either there is a federal mandate enforcing said rules and policies or the local police voluntarily submit to adhere to said rules and policies from the federal level.  Whichever the case may be, the end result is still in fact a police force subjugated to federal rules and training which would also be known as federal government rule.   

Now if you wish to state the police forces can use guidelines from the federal level to set their own rules and training policies, that is fine.  But I'm sorry, a sentence of

can only be interpreted as federal governance of local police force rules, policies, and training.  Your "want" cannot occur without that level of control as nothing is forcing its application.   
I dont think what tim is saying is all that controversial. Just picture it like OSHA. That is federal. They force workplaces to comply with standards.

Remember...and this came from big bad Tim among others.  If you voted for Trump, you were a racist.  Period.

But that's not far left, extremist, or dangerous to this country.

Remember...and this came from big bad Tim among others.  If you voted for Trump, you were a racist.  Period.

But that's not far left, extremist, or dangerous to this country.
I must miss all these lovely exchanges.  

To be clear - did he say you were a racist, or you were supporting somebody he believed to be racist or have racist policies? 

Once again...the MSM keeping us divided by pushing racism

NBC did the same thing in the Zimmerman case.
That is done by the media everywhere, only playing a snippet of something and leaving out the context. Newspapers do it with headlines online as well for clicks.  It sucks, yeah, but this kind of thing is not exclusive to NBC or the liberal-leaning parts of the media.  It reminds me of the film Casino when Ace said, "In a sense, you could say I am the boss when such-as-such is not here...you could say that." And the newspaper headline was I AM THE BOSS. It's SOP with all media. 

Everyone knows that when confronted with a "Corn pop" situation, a blade wielding person of color intending harm, mutilation or death, that the proper weapon to neutralize the threat is a length of chain wielded by a lifeguard, not a gun wielded by a police officer. 

I would like to hear more from the young lady who tumbled to the ground.  She got there from stumbling back away from an attempted slashing from the young woman who was eventually shot.  She then gets a head stomp from a person who looks to be an adult male.

I would like to hear more from the adult male who did the head stomp.  After the shooting he can be heard critisizing the officer who did the shooting.  I might wonder why he was not trying to de-escalate the knife wielder rather than stomping a girl on the ground.  Maybe he could have been a bit more helpful in preventing the outcome.

I would like to know if the dog which got dropped by the girl in pink while the attack and shooting occured escaped without injury.

I would like to hear from the grandma mentioned in the 911 call.

Well, I guess that settles it.  No other headline than that would be acceptable.
You asked me what I would call it, I'd be open to other headlines but don't have the time to document the dozens that I might find acceptable.  A bear hug with a sharp object maybe?

What about the guy with the size 12 steel toe boots?  Could have been two of them shot for using deadly weapons.  

Users who are viewing this thread