What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Daily Beast Reports the Columbus Girl was Unarmed and Knife was Lying on the Ground (1 Viewer)

Yeah, we get that here too.  Go visit the Trump thread.
On a scale of 1 to 10 we get it at level one verses there. Now to be clear that’s 100% because of the Moderation. I have no doubt if Joe didn’t keep type reigns that ####ty things would be said here as well. But that’s why I prefer it here, there’s at least a chance at discussion. 

You should seriously read that thread and come back here and share your thoughts on posts 9, 18, and 39. That's just the first page. Enjoy.
I don't need to read the thread because I already read it.

I'm also a member of that forum as well.

On a scale of 1 to 10 we get it at level one verses there. Now to be clear that’s 100% because of the Moderation. I have no doubt if Joe didn’t keep type reigns that ####ty things would be said here as well. But that’s why I prefer it here, there’s at least a chance at discussion. 
I agree that moderation can actually keep things more civil if the moderation is evenly applied.

But that board isn't so bad that I would consider it vile like you guys do.  I think it's not any better or worse than this place.

You should seriously read that thread and come back here and share your thoughts on posts 9, 18, and 39. That's just the first page. Enjoy.
Just read that thread and not sure which posts you are talking about.  Definately some posts that would get you suspended here but some very thoughtful posts and points made there.  Some very good posters over there.

Agreed.  The problem here is the moderation is almost completely one sided and whats bans a conservative poster doesn't even give a time out to a liberal.

I agree that moderation can actually keep things more civil if the moderation is evenly applied.

But that board isn't so bad that I would consider it vile like you guys do.  I think it's not any better or worse than this place.
Evenly applied moderation has absolutely nothing to do with it. There are countless statements or insults on that board that are just not allowed here. Political affiliation about it has no consequence. Weather you agree with how evenly the moderation is handed out here there are no statements like the ones I’m talking about on this board like there are there. And if there are they are immediately banned and deleted.  It’s flat out not even comparable, you just are accepting of it Because it more closely aligns with your political beliefs.  

The ratio of Internet tough guy talk over there to here is 100 to 1.  

Just read that thread and not sure which posts you are talking about.  Definately some posts that would get you suspended here but some very thoughtful posts and points made there.  Some very good posters over there.
I numbered them (9, 18, 39). You can add post 53 to the mix for a WTAF type of moment. ETA that I know there are some good posters there. I actually started there, then found FBG after one of the many outages they had like a bajillion years ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed.  The problem here is the moderation is almost completely one sided and whats bans a conservative poster doesn't even give a time out to a liberal.
I understand that’s your point of view. And I’m not gonna argue that there isn’t a political bias. But I’m not considered one of the “conservative posters” here and I’m not too long back from a 3 1/2 months suspension for a joke so I disagree with your second part of the statement.  

*Mods no need to jump in here and justify as I’m not complaining about my suspension. Just pointing out a fact

I understand that’s your point of view. And I’m not gonna argue that there isn’t a political bias. But I’m not considered one of the “conservative posters” here and I’m not too long back from a 3 1/2 months suspension for a joke so I disagree with your second part of the statement.  

*Mods no need to jump in here and justify as I’m not complaining about my suspension. Just pointing out a fact
Understood.  3 1/2 months for a joke is terrible sorry.

I numbered them (9, 18, 39). You can add post 53 to the mix for a WTAF type of moment. ETA that I know there are some good posters there. I actually started there, then found FBG after one of the many outages they had like a bajillion years ago.
This board is fine to get the left's point of view on things and the other board is good for a right perspective.

But at least in most cases the right board doesn't try to convince anyone they are centrist.    I mean at least admit and own your position.  That would garner much more respect.    However I still carry serious heartburn for being told I support racism because I support Donald Trump and that is the ONLY reason I support him.  That was and still is a load of garbage.

It's semantics.  And you all know it.  He did what he did and lies about it now.  Doesn't matter.  That's old news.  But it is important to remember how the self declared centrist thinks.  Unfortunately, and I mean this, Tim gets the bulk of the abuse for this.  The point is more that there are many many more out there. And as I will always say, extremists on both sides are going to destroy this country.  It's scary. And when you have extremists that truly believe their positions are centrist, that's even more scary.  
You put it in quotes as if he said something he didn’t.  That isn’t semantics...its a bs allegation about another poster .

many of us have been suspended for far less

Understood. And I'm sure you understand why I don't want to link them. Cheers.
I just paid my first visit there to check out the Columbus thread. My God, it’s like the Wild West over there. Some of those posters’ comments would result in a first-offense IP ban here. And the forums would be all the better for it. 

Not a schoolyard fight.  Having been to a school with plenty of fights, schoolyard fights typically don't involve attempted murder and rarely involve police having to even be called.  
I went to a school where knife fights happened with decent frequency.  Guess we all have different experiences.  Glad you didn’t deal with the environment that I did.

I just paid my first visit there to check out the Columbus thread. My God, it’s like the Wild West over there. Some of those posters’ comments would result in a first-offense IP ban here. And the forums would be all the better for it. 
I peeked in there a few years ago once and was embarrassed with myself for having read it what I did. If that place represents "the right," oof. Yikes.

I peeked in there a few years ago once and was embarrassed with myself for having read it what I did. If that place represents "the right," oof. Yikes.
Hey like I have said countless times.  Extremists on BOF SIDEZ are dangerous.  There are a few on the other board yes.  And there is Tim and others here.  It needs to stop.  We will never get better as a nation until we stop with the extreme viewpoints and at least try to find a common ground.  

Isn't it ironic that the folks that want law and order in online forums don't want law and order in our society?

I went to a school where knife fights happened with decent frequency.  Guess we all have different experiences.  Glad you didn’t deal with the environment that I did.
Nobody believes this was a schoolyard fight.  Die on this hill if you wish but it makes your arguments look weaker in other areas when you propagate this kind of ridiculous stuff.  It's just silly.

Nobody believes this was a schoolyard fight.  Die on this hill if you wish but it makes your arguments look weaker in other areas when you propagate this kind of ridiculous stuff.  It's just silly.
I don’t believe it was a schoolyard fight either. Where have I said that?

Oh, for Christ's sakes.  You guys are ridiculous.  So much drama and sensitivity, sitting in your Ivory Tower all outraged.  C'mon, man. 

I took the above to mean you didn't think it was a schoolyard fight to where I was calling CNN ridiculous for phrasing it as such.  My mistake then if we are in agreement there.  I think it's ridiculous of them to try and characterize this in such a flippant way.  
I agree with you 100%.   It is absurd.  The media - especially media headlines - deliberately distort reality more than I would like.

114 was awesome!    :lol:   

This woke PC palace could use a good dose of fun.  Can't even embed video or photos.
When Dave Chapelle "Keeps it Real" then it's great.  When everyone else does it it's suddenly horrid.

Give me a break.  It's like some of these posters forgot how to be men.  When me and my friends get together it's no-holds-barred.  And not a single person gets offended.  In fact, it's quite congratulatory.

When Dave Chapelle "Keeps it Real" then it's great.  When everyone else does it it's suddenly horrid.

Give me a break.  It's like some of these posters forgot how to be men.
You're interpreting it completely wrong, at least in regards to my feeling about it. I'm not ok with it not because it hurts my sensitive ears or demeanor. Its just pure fake bravados. Key board tough guys talking tough and insulting others because they're trying to impress other posters.  Things 99% of them wouldn't say to someone in opposition to their face.  Really who as time for that anymore?  When I was 18 I'd probably be in there egging it on too.  At 45 its just flat boring.

You're interpreting it completely wrong, at least in regards to my feeling about it. I'm not ok with it not because it hurts my sensitive ears or demeanor. Its just pure fake bravados. Key board tough guys talking tough and insulting others because they're trying to impress other posters.  Things 99% of them wouldn't say to someone in opposition to their face.  Really who as time for that anymore?  When I was 18 I'd probably be in there egging it on too.  At 45 its just flat boring.
Yeah. the skill is reading past all that and getting to the point they are trying to make.  Seriously, as men we should know when to shake off the BS and confront them directly.  It's just noise, that's all.  Learn to read thru it and get to the meat of the matter.

Respectfully, emotions and hurt feelings you can save for yur momma'.  :)

And I mean that in the most entirely respectful and I'm-busting-your-balls type of way.

Yeah. the skill is reading past all that and getting to the point they are trying to make.  Seriously, as men we should know when to shake off the BS and confront the directly.  It's just noise, that's all.  Learn to read thru it and get to the meat of the matter.
Thanks but I learned that skill long ago. The skill in my opinion is weeding out the good faith posters from the bad.  You are right though it's noise, that's exactly my point.  It's a waste of time and not worth it as many of those posts have no meat to get to.  I'm grateful the mods here weed through that trash so I don't have too.  As men at some point you learn it's not about how tough or big talking you are, there's always someone tougher.  Be confident enough in yourself you don't need to tell the world how big time you are.   

Gecko here was/is a perfect example.  While I didn't always agree with his position he lots of time had well thought out positions that were interesting to read, (the whole point I'm here btw- to read opposing POV's).  And while the "smashing babes" in his youth shtick would garner the occasional chuckle from me he all too often went off on the pure hyper Alpha Male deep end.  When he did it was worthless and detracted from the interesting points he was making.

Here you go.

That's as close as you get because you can't directly call other posters racist out loud.  You get suspended and the posts are deleted.  Tim is a pro, he has 500 thousand posts, he's perfected his angry white man race-baiting.
That is your best example?  Yikes. 

It's semantics.  And you all know it.  He did what he did and lies about it now.  Doesn't matter.  That's old news.  But it is important to remember how the self declared centrist thinks.  Unfortunately, and I mean this, Tim gets the bulk of the abuse for this.  The point is more that there are many many more out there. And as I will always say, extremists on both sides are going to destroy this country.  It's scary. And when you have extremists that truly believe their positions are centrist, that's even more scary.  
I don't disagree with your latter points in that post, but all I am saying is, it is poor form to accuse someone of calling someone a racist without proof (proof meaning he actually said, not he didn't said, but you know what he meant kind of posts). 

Users who are viewing this thread