What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Your Vaccine Plans Today (A Poll) (1 Viewer)

What's Your Current Status?

• I've already received at least one dose of a vaccine

Votes: 181 85.8%
  • I have scheduled a vaccine, but not received it yet

Votes: 6 2.8%
  • I plan to get a vaccine, but haven't scheduled it yet

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • I'm not sure if I'll get a vaccine yet, but I haven't ruled it out

Votes: 12 5.7%
  • I'm choosing not to get a vaccine for the foreseeable future

Votes: 8 3.8%
  • I'm not eligible for the vaccine or can't receive one for medical reasons

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Don’t really want the vaccine but am getting the first dose Tuesday.  I had the illness.   It wasn’t fun but am not a fan of the potential side effects from the vaccine.  

Got my 2nd Moderna shot a few hours ago. Feel a bit weird but nothing a few rum and cokes can't handle.

just coming out of a full-body slam from my 2nd shot on Monday. one day of aches and two more of headaches just now subsiding. i can see why some baseballers lost a coupla games to stage 2.

have already refused admittance to anti-vax relatives who thought masks would be enough to be able to visit me & 95yo dad. called em murderers (they are active email campaigners) and hung up. theyre emailing about commie me now.

Not eligible yet because our rollout is way behind but will take any offered the instant I can. That likely means AstraZeneca which I'm perfectly fine with. 

Why not add an "Im fully vaccinated" option?
Yup - fully vaccinated by about a week

ETA - our 17yo has her first shot, and will get 2nd in a couple weeks; 15 yo - we are waiting for more approval for the Teens dosage, but hopefully she will get her shot(s) this summer

Last edited by a moderator:
Don’t really want the vaccine but am getting the first dose Tuesday.  I had the illness.   It wasn’t fun but am not a fan of the potential side effects from the vaccine.  
What side effects?

not throwing shade, genuinely curious

got my 2nd yesterday. basically slept from 9:30 last night until 3:30 this afternoon. racked by aches and chills.
yeah, got a call from a doctor's office looking to sched an appt on Monday and i told em that was the day of my 2nd shot but i was clear the next day or day after. nurse said, "yyyyyeah, we better do it the next week". now i know why....

I got my 2nd shot a week ago and I'm disappointed in the side effects.  The only thing that happened to me was my arm hurt a little for a few days.  It didn't change my DNA at all.  I can't grow antlers or wings.  I can't even telepathically communicate with plants.  Disappointing.

I got my 2nd shot a week ago and I'm disappointed in the side effects.  The only thing that happened to me was my arm hurt a little for a few days.  It didn't change my DNA at all.  I can't grow antlers or wings.  I can't even telepathically communicate with plants.  Disappointing.
According to the comi... err, lore, your powers won’t manifest until you hit puberty.

Fully vaccinated as are all but my most right wing conspiracy theory Trump supporter friends. About 5 holdouts. One saying he won’t get it until more research is done on the vaccine given to those who have had COVID. But trust me if Dead and Company had a concert that required a vaccine to get in he would get it tomorrow. 

What side effects?

not throwing shade, genuinely curious
Splitting headache, fever 102 with sweats and chills, nausea, loss of appetite, body ache and sore arm. Good thing they is they only last 24-48 hours starting the next day. 

Been teasing my kids with this all week after getting my first shot.  Came downstairs this morning flexing and roaring like the Hulk.

The more :rolleyes:  and dad-you're-an-idiot looks I get, the more motivated I am to pour it on.

I'm not ruling it out if it's required for travel but don't plan on it otherwise.  I had COVID and survived.  My wife had it and got the J&J shot.  She got the shot approximately 2.5 months after having COVID and became sicker after the shot (about 6-8 hours after the shot) than while having COVID.  Ended up needing to go to urgent care 48 hours later as she wasn't getting better, they gave her 2L of saline for dehydration and blood numbers came back very concerning about the status of her kidneys.  She's been healthy before this (48 years old) and no know kidney issues.  This was about 1.5 months ago, she is still going weekly to have the numbers checked for her kidneys, they are getting better but still at a concerning level.  Not sure if this has anything to do with the shot, side effect of COVID or an underlying health issue that she didn't know about, but has me pausing on moving forward with a shot.

Fully vaccinated as are all but my most right wing conspiracy theory Trump supporter friends. About 5 holdouts. One saying he won’t get it until more research is done on the vaccine given to those who have had COVID. But trust me if Dead and Company had a concert that required a vaccine to get in he would get it tomorrow. 
I've heard the Lysol works better than Clorox - just fyi.

I'm not ruling it out if it's required for travel but don't plan on it otherwise.  I had COVID and survived.  My wife had it and got the J&J shot.  She got the shot approximately 2.5 months after having COVID and became sicker after the shot (about 6-8 hours after the shot) than while having COVID.  Ended up needing to go to urgent care 48 hours later as she wasn't getting better, they gave her 2L of saline for dehydration and blood numbers came back very concerning about the status of her kidneys.  She's been healthy before this (48 years old) and no know kidney issues.  This was about 1.5 months ago, she is still going weekly to have the numbers checked for her kidneys, they are getting better but still at a concerning level.  Not sure if this has anything to do with the shot, side effect of COVID or an underlying health issue that she didn't know about, but has me pausing on moving forward with a shot.
That sucks. Remember, the shot does NOT introduce COVID into your body. It just makes it think it's there to make your body launch defense mechanisms. Because of that I'd say chances that the shot caused the kidney issues are very low.  I read an article this week about how there are more and more doctors reporting new patients who had either asymptomatic or light-symptom COVID now showing larger problems in the last few months. COVID attacks many bodily systems and potentially does damage that may not be detected until later. I guess basically, it's creating future underlying conditions. If I can find that article, will link it in here. Hope your wife gets better soon!

Got 2 shots of Pfizer.  Both hit me about the same; headache, dizziness, weakness and tiredness.  I still went to work the day after both shots, but left an hour early after #2.

I had COVID in December and got the shots this month.

Just get one of the others, Moderna or Pfizer. Different ballgame.

Kidney issues are just such fun.  Mr R has had them for years.  We find that being ill really makes them decide to play hacky sack with his inards.  That actual Covid may have done just that.  I doubt the vaccine had anything to do with it.  You might want to go for the other two shots as someone else suggested.

I hope Mrs yak's kidneys settle down soon.

Wife and I both got the JNJ shot over a month ago. I was tired for the next 24 hours, wife was completely out of it for the next couple days. 

We're deciding when our 16 and 18yo sons will get it, might wait until after school is out. Both want to get vaccinated, I'm glad we don't have to force it on them although the 16yo sucks at getting shots. Freaks him out but he'll do it.  

Sadly I don't think herd immunity will mix with anything, because I don't think we're going to get there.

OTOH, 90% of the people voting here are vaxxed or getting vaxxed -- so maybe that's wrong in the long run.
Of my employees and associates, everyone with at least some college has received at least one shot.  Every single person I know who has not stepped foot in a college class room hasn't gotten the shot.

Getting my second Moderna shot in 2 hrs!  :thumbup:

I was at the grocery store yesterday with my 2 grandkids. 3 and 1. A little old lady was admiring my grandkids from her car in the parking lot while we were loading up the kids and groceries. She started a conversation with me... She said she doesn’t get to see her grandkids and misses them. "Stupid Covid" she said. I agreed with her and told her I hope she gets to see them soon. She said that her son said "No shot for her, no seeing the kids". She just shrugged at that and drove away. Uh.... grandma.. just get the shot. She was like 80 years old. Not only high risk for covid, but also someone who shouldn't really be concerned about long term effects.   :(

Getting my second Moderna shot in 2 hrs!  :thumbup:

I was at the grocery store yesterday with my 2 grandkids. 3 and 1. A little old lady was admiring my grandkids from her car in the parking lot while we were loading up the kids and groceries. She started a conversation with me... She said she doesn’t get to see her grandkids and misses them. "Stupid Covid" she said. I agreed with her and told her I hope she gets to see them soon. She said that her son said "No shot for her, no seeing the kids". She just shrugged at that and drove away. Uh.... grandma.. just get the shot. She was like 80 years old. Not only high risk for covid, but also someone who shouldn't really be concerned about long term effects.   :(
I think you under-estimate the long term impact of wearing the mark of the beast.

Users who are viewing this thread