What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Your plans for today & why do they include Home Depot? (2 Viewers)

Will your Saturday include a stop at Home Depot?

• definitely

Votes: 13 16.3%
  • probably

Votes: 7 8.8%
  • no

Votes: 60 75.0%

• Total voters
Probably.

We've already gotten most of the stuff we need for the spring.  Next, we want an apple tree and a couple tomato plants. I haven't found fruit trees at our local HD  yet, so might need to break down and hit Lowe's.

I no longer visit HD during the weekend. Way too crowded and full of people who do not understand social distancing.

also, I now go to the ace hardware store because they’re far more helpful and it’s important to support local businesses.

:

stepsdownoffofhighhorse:

With WFH, weekday afternoon trips to Lowes/Home Depot are the norm. Plus Lowes is about halfway to one of my favorite craft beer stores. Log off around 345, head to Lowes, grab my stuff and head on to Happy Hour.

Yes, I also frequent Ace especially when I need advice.

Barring an emergency,  I avoid home impovement stores like the plague on the weekend. 

In for some roofing tar. A roof vent at my mom's needs a couple of nails and resealed. Should take a few minutes, but I'm sure I'll hear, "While you're here..." 

Stop being so productive and making me look bad people.

I do need to order a new dishwasher and microwave soon. Thinking about checking out Lowes for that.

mr. furley said:
picking up a raised garden bed, some plants and soil.  need a new shovel and some mulch.
Went to Home Depot yesterday with raised garden beds as one item on my list, but I didn't much like their selection.  

After accidentally going to Lowe's last Saturday on the nicest day of the year so far, I vowed never to go on a weekend again, hence yesterday's trip.  Of course, a bracket I bought yesterday isn't the right size, so I want to go back today to get the right one.  Will resist.

I just got back from Lowes.  Had I known about this thread I would have gone to HD just so I could have said yes instead of no.  Oh well.  Can't wait for the Target/Walmart thread. 

shadrap said:
"multiple trips".  You are obviously experienced as there is no way you get everything from Menards, Home Depot,  on the first trip.  Sometimes not after two trips.
confirmed

went to Home Depot. had to quick run to Menard's to get the rest.

Went to Home Depot yesterday with raised garden beds as one item on my list, but I didn't much like their selection.  

After accidentally going to Lowe's last Saturday on the nicest day of the year so far, I vowed never to go on a weekend again, hence yesterday's trip.  Of course, a bracket I bought yesterday isn't the right size, so I want to go back today to get the right one.  Will resist.
HD selection was indeed disappointing here, too.

we wound up with a nice cedar number from Menard's.   i underestimated the amount of available space we have so have to run back to get a second one.

Last edited by a moderator:

Go when it opens or close to closing. There are no other options.

Nope not today, I have a Lowes less than a mile from me. I was there twice this week--bought a new Microwave and then had to go back and get the items for my daughter's science lab she needs to do.  

I have been at HD several times this last few weeks--bought a new fridge and a new range. Wife has the bug to renovate, so next comes counter tops and I want to change the overhead lighting in my kitchen

Today we went to the newly opened Scheels. For those of you that don't have one of these, it is basically Bass Pro/Cabellas on steroids. Two story sporting good store that has a full size ferris wheel in the middle of the place. If they don't have it, the sport doesn't exist, I just worry that they built it so close to the Bass Pro that neither of them are going to flourish. 

Nope not today, I have a Lowes less than a mile from me. I was there twice this week--bought a new Microwave and then had to go back and get the items for my daughter's science lab she needs to do.  

I have been at HD several times this last few weeks--bought a new fridge and a new range. Wife has the bug to renovate, so next comes counter tops and I want to change the overhead lighting in my kitchen

Today we went to the newly opened Scheels. For those of you that don't have one of these, it is basically Bass Pro/Cabellas on steroids. Two story sporting good store that has a full size ferris wheel in the middle of the place. If they don't have it, the sport doesn't exist, I just worry that they built it so close to the Bass Pro that neither of them are going to flourish. 
Ssheels is good & they stand behind their products a lot better than Bass/Cabellas.  Hunting & fishing is their bread & butter.

I just got back from Lowes.  Had I known about this thread I would have gone to HD just so I could have said yes instead of no.  Oh well.  Can't wait for the Target/Walmart thread. 
How about a Costco thread. And when will samples return? 

Did not go to HD ...I did however have to go to Sam's Club for King Crab Legs for a family celebration tomorrow because I put it off all week.  

Fricken' packed madhouse - rainy, cold day and I was there at 11am-ish.  People needlessly clogging aisles, someone ran their cart over my foot.

No social distancing and about of them didn't have masks on.  

Did not go to HD ...I did however have to go to Sam's Club for King Crab Legs for a family celebration tomorrow because I put it off all week.  

Fricken' packed madhouse - rainy, cold day and I was there at 11am-ish.  People needlessly clogging aisles, someone ran their cart over my foot.

No social distancing and about of them didn't have masks on.  
ETA:  their crab legs have been $23.95 for years - they have gone up to $29.95 ...oh and also ...NO ####### KING CRAB LEGS!!!!!

that was fun.  

I no longer visit HD during the weekend. Way too crowded and full of people who do not understand social distancing.

also, I now go to the ace hardware store because they’re far more helpful and it’s important to support local businesses.

:

stepsdownoffofhighhorse:
Yeah. These stores on the weekend are awful.

We live in a townhouse, so I am spared from Lowes/Home Depot. 

Don't miss it.

I went to the liquor store and pet store. today.  Drove by a Lowes and laughed.

No Depot trip, but I took a truckload to the community disposal day, then another truckload to the dump, then put together the garden hose manifold.  

In hindsight, I should have started the day by going to Depot or an auto shop and picking up a bungee net for the truck bed.

Probably going tomorrow.  Can't figure out a lighting situation for my garage that doesn't feel like I could do open heart surgery in it or a place where you would plan a bank heist.  

Probably going tomorrow.  Can't figure out a lighting situation for my garage that doesn't feel like I could do open heart surgery in it or a place where you would plan a bank heist.  
wife bought some sort of lighting system that's like staring in to an eclipse

i've never seen light so bright

Stop being so productive and making me look bad people.

I do need to order a new dishwasher and microwave soon. Thinking about checking out Lowes for that.
I've had good success with Lowes in recent years.  A HD is just around the corner from Lowes, but I've developed a liking for the latter.  We have a Menards superstore not far in a different direction ...but it's so damn big it's a pain to get around.  The thing is two floors with a cart-escalator to get up and down.  I hate standing on that with my cart.

We do have a couple local Ace stores, and they're fantastic.  For smaller purchases or when I need advice ...Ace is the place.

I've had good success with Lowes in recent years.  A HD is just around the corner from Lowes, but I've developed a liking for the latter.  We have a Menards superstore not far in a different direction ...but it's so damn big it's a pain to get around.  The thing is two floors with a cart-escalator to get up and down.  I hate standing on that with my cart.

We do have a couple local Ace stores, and they're fantastic.  For smaller purchases or when I need advice ...Ace is the place.
there's a fantastic little ACE in Madison that feels very old school. small, dingy, has all the things you didn't know you would ever find anywhere else.

the ones here are like Sears in its dying days. full of as-seen-on-tv junk and everything else is crap. it's sad.

there's a fantastic little ACE in Madison that feels very old school. small, dingy, has all the things you didn't know you would ever find anywhere else.

the ones here are like Sears in its dying days. full of as-seen-on-tv junk and everything else is crap. it's sad.
The ACE near me is like stepping back into time. The top level is pretty normal but the lumber area is like a warehouse from the 70s.

ACE is  little more expensive but they have the little things HD does not and the entire staff goes out of their way to be helpful. 

I needed some 4x4x12 posts a few weeks ago and there were three kids eager to help me load my truck. 

At HD if you make eye contact with the staff they give an audible sigh and run for the hills. 

At HD if you make eye contact with the staff they give an audible sigh and run for the hills. 
definitely noticed this here. most of the time i'm cool with people not bothering me..   but when you really need someone at HD it's definitely like they go out of their way to avoid you at all costs unless you corner one of them at the checkout.

Users who are viewing this thread