What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Essential Oils for Air Freshening - Thoughts? (1 Viewer)

Joe Bryant

Guide
Staff member
Anyone have thoughts / best insights on Essential Oil Diffuser for air freshener? 

And I'm not interested in anything other than the room smelling nice. I know some people are into more and that's fine. I'm talking here about just making the room smell nice.

Insights?

We do it and it’s fine.  I’d much rather the house smell girly or fragrant than like dogs or sweaty kids or my farts.
Thanks. I started thinking when I was at a friend's house and it smelled great. Not "girly" at all. They said they used the peace and calming oil in a diffuser. Was thinking to get that but thought I'd ask here too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks. I started thinking when I was at a friend's house and it smelled great. Not "girly" at all. They said they used the peace and calming oil in a diffuser. Was thinking to get that but thought I'd ask here too.
I say girly and that’s probably a little chauvinistic on my part.  I like most of the smells but wouldn’t wear any as cologne.  I also sometimes use the diffuser like a humidifier if I have a cold.  

Anyone have thoughts / best insights on Essential Oil Diffuser for air freshener? 

And I'm not interested in anything other than the room smelling nice. I know some people are into more and that's fine. I'm talking here about just making the room smell nice.

Insights?
Joe, we don't want the link tot your Etsy store.

Go with whatever smells good to you. My wife bought a whole kit of oils and a plug-in diffuser. Anything floral smells awful to me. Most of the fruit ones smell good.

My sister has an entire kitchen drawer of essential oils. I was immediately doing the math and shot my BIL a glance. He gave me that scared af “please don’t” look so I just said “hey that’s great Sissy.”

:lol:

Big $$ but whatever. Happy wife, happy life.

Using citrus oils, particularly orange, for air freshening are usually nice. My wife and I use them on occasion, and it helps keep the smell down. Some places have holiday blends for that time of year, but honestly, it smells good all the time.

I originally read the "Oils" in the title as "Otis".  I am as disturbed by that as you might imagine.  

My wife bought me a diffuser and a couple of oils for my birthday.  

Ridiculously priced - but I really enjoy it.  The only ones I have used are a combo she got me 

Young Living brand

7 drops of "Believe"

4 drops of "White Angelica"

Insights?
There are plenty of options available to make a room smell nice, so why support some pseudo-science type product (as you alluded to with the "some people are into more" reference)?

Plus, these things are ridiculously expensive.  The second I saw my sister-in-law had one...I knew it was only a matter of time at our house.  Thankfully it didn't catch on over here.  :hifive:   Just say no. 😉

My sister has an entire kitchen drawer of essential oils. I was immediately doing the math and shot my BIL a glance. He gave me that scared af “please don’t” look so I just said “hey that’s great Sissy.”

:lol:

Big $$ but whatever. Happy wife, happy life.
Yep. Pick one's battles. 

I'm sure my wife could do similar math on the clubs in my golf bag.

Yep. Pick one's battles. 

I'm sure my wife could do similar math on the clubs in my golf bag.
Good point actually.

Dude has no doubt spent $2-3K on bow hunting gear, blinds, tree stand, camouflage attire, feed, scent, supplies. More on a multi-year basis.

What’s good for the goose, et al.

Dang, woz, I know I shouldn’t act surprised at you giving good relationship advice  :lol:  but I’m impressed.

• Laughing
Reactions: Zow
we have an oil diffuser thing but it smells like pine it is like a bowl of oil with some wood stuff sticking out of it it is my wifes thing and i dont know if the oil is essential or just pine stuff but it smells good to me take that to the bank brohans 

What's your specific preference there? 
Prefer candles myself.  That may not be practical for those with young kids, rambunctious animals, etc. though.  Also use Lysol, Febreez, or a similar product that can do more than just cover up the problem.

We do it and it’s fine.  I’d much rather the house smell girly or fragrant than like dogs or sweaty kids or my farts.
Be careful, some of these are toxic to animals. The wife and I got into a giant fight about this LOL she was claiming I was trying to take away her happiness after I read a few articles about them being dangerous to dogs.

she’s just jealous because I love the dog more than her.

trader jake said:
Prefer candles myself.  That may not be practical for those with young kids, rambunctious animals, etc. though.  Also use Lysol, Febreez, or a similar product that can do more than just cover up the problem.
What specific candles do you like? Looked a bit and many are pretty expensive. 

What specific candles do you like? Looked a bit and many are pretty expensive. 
I'm fine with whatever.  Typically my wife will buy some when they are on discount. Lately she's found some good deals on Yankee Candle.  There's no way I'd pay retail for them (which may be true of most items really? 😄), but they're good quality.

I'm fine with whatever.  Typically my wife will buy some when they are on discount. Lately she's found some good deals on Yankee Candle.  There's no way I'd pay retail for them (which may be true of most items really? 😄), but they're good quality.
Ok. I'm not sure how much the diffuser costs but the candles I bought online were not cheap. I'll see how it compares to the diffuser. The diffuser my friend has made the room smell way better than the expensive candles I bought. 

Users who are viewing this thread