What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Is Biden/Harris a disappointment? (1 Viewer)

Pleasantly surprised so far.   Screwed the pooch on the border - should have waited and at least tried to get more resources down there to handle the influx.   Besides that, I like the pushes for infrastructure, getting out of Afghanistan, etc.   Now, we need to see if those ideas come to fruition, but I like where it's headed at least.  

Plus, he's not acting like a 13 year old Twitter troll, so there's that improvement too.  ;)  

I think right now he's at a 7.  The border is his biggest issue.  I think right now, he's benefiting from the natural economic bump that was going to happen as we came out of COVID....so a more accurate assessment of HIS economic abilities probably won't happen for 12 months.  He's doing a good job with the vaccine distribution. I think his stimulus is a good thing; although I would have tied unemployment benefits onto a sliding scale that went down as more Americans became vaccinated.   I think he's doing a decent job of trying to play uniter.  I certainly think he's more "presidential" than his predeccesor.  Internationally, he hasn't been significantly challenged yet.....but I feel as if he's shoring up our reputation with allies and potential allies.  He's probably anathema to the rabble rousers on both sides in the media(s) as although he gaffes...he's not looking for confrontation, personal headlines or trying to antagonize.

He needs to right the border issue.  He'll need to get a infrastructure plan running and he'll need to continue to try and unite. I don't think he's going to face a serious challenge from his Left flank and I think as long as the Republican Party bends the knee to the Donald.....he won't really be pressed by them.  

Pleasantly surprised so far.   Screwed the pooch on the border - should have waited and at least tried to get more resources down there to handle the influx.   Besides that, I like the pushes for infrastructure, getting out of Afghanistan, etc.   Now, we need to see if those ideas come to fruition, but I like where it's headed at least.  

Plus, he's not acting like a 13 year old Twitter troll, so there's that improvement too.  ;)  
Yeah...this.   Few comments I didn’t like as well...but still a major major improvement 

Probably go down as the greatest Prez and VP ever.  Maybe Jesus and Chuck Norris could top them, but it'd be close.

Last edited by a moderator:
I grade POTUS on three items - statesmanship, decision making, and ideological direction.

Statesmanship - incomplete.  By design.  The only time we've seen him in the wild, really, he called Hideki Matsuyama "Japanese boy".  Not a good look.  Otherwise kept in the basement, with short excursions to be allowed to speak from a teleprompter.  But, he's not trolling Twitter every day, so the bar is low.  Against a Reagan he's a 0, against DJT he ranks much higher.

Decision making - again, not a ton so far.  Biggest decision has been on the border, which was/is execrable.  So the torch was passed to Harris, who has been completely derelict.  About as close to zero as you can get.

Direction - We've slid from fiscal irresponsibility to fiscal insanity.  At least he's following DJT's lead on getting out of foreign wars (Afghanistan).  Maybe a 2.

I was raised to judge people by their actions, not their words. All the hubbub about DJT and the Tweeting, the speeches, etc., is just that to me: hubbub. As is comparing Biden/Harris to DJT/Pence on the basis of their words vs their actions. While I find much of the DJT's words irritating, annoying, un-Presidential or any other number of negative descriptors, it's my opinion that his accomplishments while in office benefited the America I love, and am proud to be a Citizen of. That's what counts to me.

It's much to early to pass judgement on the Biden/Harris presidency, but I don't think it's off to a very good start, and I don't see it getting better any time soon, from an actions-only perspective. In my opinion, America is not moving in a positive direction under Biden Harris, especially in regards to the American middle-class, small business and a number of other factors that matter to me.

I really struggle at times to believe that the people that voted Biden/Harris into office actually are happier now than they were during the Trump presidency. That what we've gotten so far in this Administration is what they were hoping for. If they're happier primarily because the words part is different, more power to them, but in my opinion, that's a somewhat shallow way to evaluate things, no offense intended. The agenda being presented and the track this Admin appears to be on, IMHO, is hurting America, not helping her.

I'm a fan of America. I'm not a fan of the American main-stream media. I want every President to take actions that keep America strong and great, and in it's rightful place (IMHO) as a world-leader. Based on actions, and actions predicted to come, I'm not optimistic the Biden/Harris presidency is going to take us in a direction I feel good about.

I'm willing to keep watching and waiting, and hoping for the best, but I'd give it a solid 4 right now, trending in the wrong direction.

The incompetence of the Carter Administration combined with the Leftism of the Obama Administration. It gives me no pleasure saying this as I voted for him and was hoping he’d be the calming, steady influence we so desperately need right now. Needless to say I’ve been disappointed.

Border (10) - Unmitigated disaster. Actively encouraging and abetting illegal immigration. Kamala hasn’t even gone down there yet?

Covid (5) - Good job with vaccinations but the economy needs to be opened up more and kids need to get back to school and stop wearing masks.

Economy (7) - Too much spending. Capital gains tax proposal too severe. Markets doing well but I’m worried about inflation. His energy policy is going to hurt us big-time.

Foreign Policy (6) - Should not be completely pulling out of Afghanistan. Took his foot off the gas with Iran. I don’t trust him on China.

Racial Issues (8) - Opined in the Chauvin case while jury was deliberating. Dumb. White House statement after the Columbus shooting (through Psaki) was terrible. The cop acted heroically and perfectly. Not balanced enough - panders.

Leadership (9) - This is my biggest disappointment. I really hoped he’d be a unifying force and help calm things down.  Probably the second most divisive President in the last 40 years behind Trump. Appears incompetent at times. Obviously in a mental decline.

Overall Grade (8)

The first thing that comes to mind is that there are now people appointed to positions of power who know a little bit about policy. The last administration lacked that. Everybody quit or was fired. In addition, Biden's not a raving lunatic on Twitter who is retweeting racist dreck and conspiracy theories, and is especially good at discouraging conspiracy theories from being legitimized. Add to this the reestablishment of a working foreign policy with allies, and you've got a pretty good triad going.

I can handle the domestic leftism he's espoused while in office, even though I tend to loathe it. I think he's trying to move that Overton window so that Harris can be the next president. I doubt that will happen, but it's an effort, albeit a cynical one.

I'd give him a 5, and a 5 is all an American president needs to be in order for the country to thrive. It's better than the unmitigated disaster of a 10 we just had.

The first thing that comes to mind is that there are now people appointed to positions of power who know a little bit about policy. The last administration lacked that. Everybody quit or was fired. In addition, Biden's not a raving lunatic on Twitter who is retweeting racist dreck and conspiracy theories, and is especially good at discouraging conspiracy theories from being legitimized. Add to this the reestablishment of a working foreign policy with allies, and you've got a pretty good triad going.

I can handle the domestic leftism he's espoused while in office, even though I tend to loathe it. I think he's trying to move that Overton window so that Harris can be the next president. I doubt that will happen, but it's an effort, albeit a cynical one.

I'd give him a 5, and a 5 is all an American president needs to be in order for the country to thrive. It's better than the unmitigated disaster of a 10 we just had.
Rock - is your judgment skewed by the low bar set by Trump? I kept Trump out of the analysis completely.

Rock - is your judgment skewed by the low bar set by Trump? I kept Trump out of the analysis completely.
Yeah, it probably has been skewed. But witnessing the alternatives to a competent executive branch, maintaining and having allies, and generally behaving like a normal, non-pathological liar and sociopath has indeed shaped how I view the office. One can no longer simply ignore the enormous power of the presidency. Biden is using some restraint and modesty in our diplomatic and international affairs, and he is getting back to acting within the traditional role of a president. Those are positive traits once one has been forced to consider the alternative. Trump was so bad that he allowed one to envision the damage that could come from a willful disregard of political norms in the country. That Biden isn't even approaching that so far makes him average in my book.

I grade POTUS on three items - statesmanship, decision making, and ideological direction.

Statesmanship - incomplete.  By design.  The only time we've seen him in the wild, really, he called Hideki Matsuyama "Japanese boy".  Not a good look.  Otherwise kept in the basement, with short excursions to be allowed to speak from a teleprompter.  But, he's not trolling Twitter every day, so the bar is low.  Against a Reagan he's a 0, against DJT he ranks much higher.

Decision making - again, not a ton so far.  Biggest decision has been on the border, which was/is execrable.  So the torch was passed to Harris, who has been completely derelict.  About as close to zero as you can get.

Direction - We've slid from fiscal irresponsibility to fiscal insanity.  At least he's following DJT's lead on getting out of foreign wars (Afghanistan).  Maybe a 2.
This is kind of a weird post on the day he recognized the Armenian genocide.

Agreed....he's more like the 83 yr old who can't get the lights on his VCR to stop flashing 12:00 and talks into his TV remote when the phone rings.
The guy who gave up using a computer because when it told him, "To continue, press any key"....and he couldn't find the "ANY" key on the keyboard.
The guy who shuffles around the White House with his robe open. (and not because he doesn't know it)
The guy who has people who wipe the spittle from the corners of his mouth and change his Depends Undergarment and make excuses for him when he dumps yet another steaming load on We the People.

Well Trump talked too much, the Harris-Biden team hardly talks at all.  I get they don`t want Joe out there all the time but would like to hear a little more from him.  Harris is in charge of thre border crisis yet never talks about it or goes there.

Although they hardly talk Did both of them really need to comment on Chauvin getting convicted?  Biden would have been enough.    

Whoever is writing for Biden needs to end talks more postive and not so doom and gloomy.  Talk about the conviction and say it is the right step..then he goes on and on about systemic racism od which he was a big part of in the 80s and 90s.

Fact is racism the last 30 years is 100% better than the previous 30 years.  It will never be perfect anywhere but it was better.  Biden seems to want to drive home negatives and how bad America is instead of saying how good it really is.

Right now I would just give him a incomplete.  All in all I just want him to be more uplifting and positive and set a positive tone for all of us.

Fact is racism the last 30 years is 100% better than the previous 30 years.  
This isn’t a fact at all: it’s an opinion, and a highly disputed opinion. Most sociologists and political scientists disagree with it. No one would challenge the statement that racism was worse 60 years ago, but there’s been very little progress on this issue since the Civil Rights Act. 

Leadership (9) - This is my biggest disappointment. I really hoped he’d be a unifying force and help calm things down.  Probably the second most divisive President in the last 40 years behind Trump. Appears incompetent at times. Obviously in a mental decline.
I was going to offer my own opinion on his leadership skills but this will do nicely: what’s written above is the exact opposite of my opinion in every way. 

As far as the border goes, overall I’m pretty satisfied. Of course it’s chaotic and I’d rather have it orderly, but that’s a worthy trade off for loosening restrictions. Let them in, try to keep order as best you can. But let them in. 

The incompetence of the Carter Administration combined with the Leftism of the Obama Administration. It gives me no pleasure saying this as I voted for him and was hoping he’d be the calming, steady influence we so desperately need right now. Needless to say I’ve been disappointed.

Border (10) - Unmitigated disaster. Actively encouraging and abetting illegal immigration. Kamala hasn’t even gone down there yet?

Covid (5) - Good job with vaccinations but the economy needs to be opened up more and kids need to get back to school and stop wearing masks.

Economy (7) - Too much spending. Capital gains tax proposal too severe. Markets doing well but I’m worried about inflation. His energy policy is going to hurt us big-time.

Foreign Policy (6) - Should not be completely pulling out of Afghanistan. Took his foot off the gas with Iran. I don’t trust him on China.

Racial Issues (8) - Opined in the Chauvin case while jury was deliberating. Dumb. White House statement after the Columbus shooting (through Psaki) was terrible. The cop acted heroically and perfectly. Not balanced enough - panders.

Overall Grade (8)
Pretty levelheaded, fair assessment 

Agreed....he's more like the 83 yr old who can't get the lights on his VCR to stop flashing 12:00 and talks into his TV remote when the phone rings.
The guy who gave up using a computer because when it told him, "To continue, press any key"....and he couldn't find the "ANY" key on the keyboard.
The guy who shuffles around the White House with his robe open. (and not because he doesn't know it)
The guy who has people who wipe the spittle from the corners of his mouth and change his Depends Undergarment and make excuses for him when he dumps yet another steaming load on We the People.
Don't forget he's also the guy that wore a face mask to the virtual world summit via Zoom.

This isn’t a fact at all: it’s an opinion, and a highly disputed opinion. Most sociologists and political scientists disagree with it. No one would challenge the statement that racism was worse 60 years ago, but there’s been very little progress on this issue since the Civil Rights Act. 
:bs:

That's just another opinion and one I believe is complete horse crap.  We're actually now at the point where we discriminate against Asians and Whites in deference to Blacks.  Between that reverse-discrimination, quotas, special programs via the government, etc... we've made a TON of progress.  It's just never good enough for some people because race-hustlin' pays extremely well.  Just ask Jesse Jackson, Maxine Waters, Al Sharpton and the Marxist founder of BLM (apparently black lives only matter when she needs another mansion.  Funny - a Marxist/Commie who owns 4 mansions.).

Users who are viewing this thread