What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Academy Awards Discussion Thread*** - “Hollywood’s Biggest Night” (3 Viewers)

Happy to see Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom get some love. A bit too play-like at times (which it was based on), but solid movie.

Last edited by a moderator:
As much as I appreciated The Father, it felt really stagey to me at first.  But it did break out of that after a while.
Interesting, it never struck me that way. Perhaps the editing? Or the constant level of imbalance it keeps the audience in distracted me from it. 

Interesting, it never struck me that way. Perhaps the editing? Or the constant level of imbalance it keeps the audience in distracted me from it. 
I didn't even know it had been a play until after I watched.  I try not to read too much about anything before viewing.  But it really struck me as a play for the first several scenes.  Then I think that off-balance, off-kilter feeling kicked in and I totally didn't feel it anymore.

Lovely, positive speech by Chloe Zhao about believing in the inherent goodness of people.  :)  
Interesting that her next movie is a Marvel film. 
I'm trying to forget that.

But really, I thought Nomadland was about that, by the way.  The people in it were good, trying to do the best for those around them.  Every time I thought there was going to be someone acting ####ty, they didn't.

I'm trying to forget that.

But really, I thought Nomadland was about that, by the way.  The people in it were good, trying to do the best for those around them.  Every time I thought there was going to be someone acting ####ty, they didn't.
Kind of like the opposite of Mank

Just watched the Academy president thank the ancestral people who originally inhabited the lands that the academy uses.  His wokeness and virtue signaling made me want to throw up in my mouth.  

I haven't watched anything associated with the Oscars in a long time and now I remember why.  The patronizing attitude of these Hollywood #######s is maddening.  
are you going to be ok? we're here for you in these difficult times, gb. thopraws and best wishes.

2-for-3.  I didn't have any confidence in my prediction against a Holocaust/resistance fighter film, and that was correct.

ETA:  Colette was fantastic and a deserving winner.  I just wanted Love Song for Latasha more.

Person and cliff's notes?  I respect your opinion but I keep turning away.
Daniel Kaluuya.  Sorry, I hate when I'm not watching something and people make comments like mine without context, and didn't realize I was doing it, too!  I'm not sure how to describe the speech.  Maybe someone else could do a better job.  It embarrassed his mom.
i knew exactly who were talking about, even coming in an hour later. best speech of the night.

pretty sure he even thanked his mom and dad for having sex. 

I've never seen a Tyler Perry movie, but this is a nice tribute to his humanitarian work.  And he wins the clothing award for that velvet jacket.  :wub:  

My wife will be upset if Husavik from Eurovision doesnt win Best Original Song. I agree it's a really good song, but Jaja Ding Dong was better 😁.

Have they ever done the In Memoriam at such breakneck speed?  :lol:  

George Segal was a good oh there's Sean Conne oh Chadwick so sad.

Users who are viewing this thread