What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Which crew will you watch during the NFL draft? (1 Viewer)

Which crew will you watch and why?

• ABC (Rece Davis, Kirk Herbstreit, Desmond Howard, Todd McShay)

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • ESPN (Mike Greenberg, Mel Kiper, Louis Riddick, Booger McFarland

Votes: 11 15.7%
  • NFLN (Rich Eisen, Charles Davis, Daniel Jeremiah, David Shaw)

Votes: 52 74.3%

• Total voters
I'll probably watch the PFF guys streaming. Much more likely to hear them call a bad pick a bad pick.  

Guarantee less commercial breaks.  Watching the draft live, when you aren't used to commercials (which I am not), it can be brutal.  

I'm a Rich Eisen fan all the way.  Didn't even realize the Gameday crew did a show, may have to check that one out along the way. No way in hell I'm watching Booger for that long

I'll flip around but feel somewhat drawn to des. Too bad I can't get des, greenberg and Eisen. 

I won't watch anything with Greenberg.  That guy is unbearable.

ETA: and Rich Eisen is fantastic, so NFLN it is.

Last edited by a moderator:
ABC, NFLN, or one of the live broadcasts the guys in my Twitter feed do on YouTube.

I will not be watching ESPN. That ship has sailed.

Guess I'm in the minority, but I'll be watching ESPN, pretty much entirely for Kiper. Just doesn't feel like the draft without him to me, and I'll take nostalgia over quality, knowing that I'll be watching it with a couple friends so we'll probably talk over everyone with our own opinions anyway.

Guess I'm in the minority, but I'll be watching ESPN, pretty much entirely for Kiper. Just doesn't feel like the draft without him to me, and I'll take nostalgia over quality, knowing that I'll be watching it with a couple friends so we'll probably talk over everyone with our own opinions anyway.
I like that crew outside of Booger (and he's actually a little better in the studio then doing color commentary during games). I know Kiper is an easy target, but it's just not draft season without him, and say what you will he knows something about every player off the top of his head.

I do like the College Game Day guys as well though.

NFLN easily for me.   I had no idea that ABC had a draft show.  Maybe I'll flip over there occasionally to check it out.

On Saturday, I can't stay home watching the draft so I'm usually listening to it on Sirius XM.  Gil Brandt is awesome talking about all the late round guys off the top of his head with no notes.

I like that crew outside of Booger (and he's actually a little better in the studio then doing color commentary during games). I know Kiper is an easy target, but it's just not draft season without him, and say what you will he knows something about every player off the top of his head.

I do like the College Game Day guys as well though.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion but Kirk Herbstreit doesn't know the first thing about the NFL, it's sad they actually let him take over the Gruden camp and interview the QBs, wretched and dangerous i would say, never hear about that guy being ahead of the curve. 

He's also a sworn galactic enemy of the University of Miami so i might have a slight bias as an alum. 

ESPN is dead last for me.  Don't really like any of the personalities on the network.  I would be interested in ABC if they could blend an NFL mind into that.  

Most likely ESPN but I'll record the NFL Network.  Louis Riddick is growing on me for draft coverage.
I like Riddick, but the rest of the ESPN crew is bad. Not watching Herbstreit, so that leaves NFLN yet again. Unless I can get a good stream on the bigscreen. 

I'll have one of them on to unmute when the player highlight package and info is given, but some stream online will be the main watch/listen.  Same with NBA Draft now for years.  I don't want Olympic/reality tv like off-the-field profile pieces, endless commerical breaks, or even player interviews (where they inevitably will show us their shoes or the lining of their jacket).

With three options, couldn't they at least give us one where it's just hardcore football without the fluff that commentators like Howard, Herbstreit, and McFarland "add"?  One where they just announce the picks, show the highlight package, breakdown the pkayer's strengths and weaknesses, have a little x and o with how he'll fit with the new team/scheme, and go over how the pick will affect a current veteran, a contact/cap situation, etc.  Over and over, every pick.

If there's a stream out there doing the above...please post it here.  Thanks.

I'll have one of them on to unmute when the player highlight package and info is given, but some stream online will be the main watch/listen.  Same with NBA Draft now for years.  I don't want Olympic/reality tv like off-the-field profile pieces, endless commerical breaks, or even player interviews (where they inevitably will show us their shoes or the lining of their jacket).

With three options, couldn't they at least give us one where it's just hardcore football without the fluff that commentators like Howard, Herbstreit, and McFarland "add"?  One where they just announce the picks, show the highlight package, breakdown the pkayer's strengths and weaknesses, have a little x and o with how he'll fit with the new team/scheme, and go over how the pick will affect a current veteran, a contact/cap situation, etc.  Over and over, every pick.

Excellent idea, and one I wished they also had for the Super Bowl.

NFLN is the closest we'll ever get.  Not enough of us to satisfy the ratings need is my guess.  

I do enjoy watching the players when they get picked though. I like that the networks now let the pick come from Goodell,  but I wish they would go back (after Goodell announces it) and show that moment when they get the call from the team. 

There is no way I would watch Booger when there are other options.

Probably mostly Eisen...but ABC some too...I liked their coverage before

College Gameday crew for me.  NFL Network is fine too, I like Rich Eisen.  L. Riddick is fine but those other 3 on ESPN are unbearable.  

ABC, NFLN, or one of the live broadcasts the guys in my Twitter feed do on YouTube.

I will not be watching ESPN. That ship has sailed.
Any of those twitter guys in particular you'd recommend?

Is Bloom or someone else from FBG's doing a livestream of some sort?

Users who are viewing this thread