What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trade D. Henry for J. Jefferson? (1 Viewer)

jwsbowler

Footballguy
Dynasty 12 team, 0.5 PPR, contract style.  Starting lineup 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1F, 1K, 1D.  Pretty standard scoring.  I got crippled last year at WR with injuries.

I have at RB:  D Cook, D Henry, Swift, Gibson, D Johnson (must move).  
My WRs:  J Jones (need to move), D Johnson, Godwin, Aiyuk (traded Sutton), Beasley, Lazard (both need to be moved or dropped), Slayton

Thus, would you move Henry for Jefferson?  

I think I would. D Henry has to fall off at some point (Too many carries)

You need Cook to stay healthy though.

You said this was a contract style league.  What are the contract implications?  That matters in the evaluation.  

Assuming they are the same contracts so that is a wash, and since you can only start at most 2 RB's and you already have Cook, Gibson, and Swift......it seems like a good move to get Jefferson for Henry.

I think I would do that, especially in your scenario. (Though I don't know exactly what contract style means. Is this the type I've heard of where players become.more expensive the longer you keep them?)

I consider Henry overrated. Especially in PPR, but you're only half PPR. But still, I would prefer to have Jefferson instead.

thanks everyone...  as to the contracts and salary cap (60 max), we assign players a contract and when it expires, if we want to keep the player, we have to sign the player to the expiring contract + 2 years (minimum).  Most of the time, we trade the player to keep our salary cap down.  I have Henry at 3 which will expire next year and if I want to keep him, I would have to sign him to 5 years...way too much.  Jefferson is at 1.  I save 2 years of cap space for this year, and I can "keep" Jefferson for at least 4 years (1 + resigning to 3), thus this deal helps me keep my cap in check.  

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks everyone...  as to the contracts and salary cap (60 max), we assign players a contract and when it expires, if we want to keep the player, we have to sign the player to the expiring contract + 2 years (minimum).  Most of the time, we trade the player to keep our salary cap down.  I have Henry at 3 which will expire next year and if I want to keep him, I would have to sign him to 5 years...way too much.  Jefferson is at 1.  I save 2 years of cap space for this year, and I can "keep" Jefferson for at least 4 years (1 + resigning to 3), thus this deal helps me keep my cap in check.  
This sounds like a very cool system. However, I'd be lying if I said I understood completely. There is a "salary cap" of 60, but all the numbers you refer to are numbers of years. Is the number of years actually indicating how long you will have the player? Or is "years" just the name of the "currency" that makes up the team salary? (Or both?) Otherwise I don't see anything about salaries.

eighsse said:
This sounds like a very cool system. However, I'd be lying if I said I understood completely. There is a "salary cap" of 60, but all the numbers you refer to are numbers of years. Is the number of years actually indicating how long you will have the player? Or is "years" just the name of the "currency" that makes up the team salary? (Or both?) Otherwise I don't see anything about salaries.
I understand your question...   It is the total number of years assigned to all our players...  We are on MFL site and use the salary cap section as the number holder.   That number can't go over 60.  We have always used the term salary since we started the league 20 years ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
I understand your question...   It is the total number of years assigned to all our players...  We are on MFL site and use the salary cap section as the number holder.   That number can't go over 60.  We have always used the term salary since we started the league 20 years ago.
So just a salary cap of 60 but the "salary" equates to the number of years you can keep a player.  What happens if you drop a player with "salary" left?  Do you just get it back or is it a cap hit until the years expire?  I was just wondering what the penalty was if you gave out a bad contract and didn't want the guy anymore.  

We have contracts and salary.  The longest contract you can award is 3 years but it can be any value.  We have a cap of $250.  If you cut a guy that still has years left on the contract you take the cap hit of the entire dollar value left on the contract in the year you cut him.  This cap is only pertinent to the freeze list and is not in play during the year.  So you don't have to worry about monitoring the cap mid season for trades and such.  However, if you have contract years left for a dollar value over $250 for the following year you will have issues because you must be under $250 at the time the keepers are announced going into a season (two weeks before the fantasy draft).  

So just a salary cap of 60 but the "salary" equates to the number of years you can keep a player.  What happens if you drop a player with "salary" left?  Do you just get it back or is it a cap hit until the years expire?  I was just wondering what the penalty was if you gave out a bad contract and didn't want the guy anymore.  

We have contracts and salary.  The longest contract you can award is 3 years but it can be any value.  We have a cap of $250.  If you cut a guy that still has years left on the contract you take the cap hit of the entire dollar value left on the contract in the year you cut him.  This cap is only pertinent to the freeze list and is not in play during the year.  So you don't have to worry about monitoring the cap mid season for trades and such.  However, if you have contract years left for a dollar value over $250 for the following year you will have issues because you must be under $250 at the time the keepers are announced going into a season (two weeks before the fantasy draft).  
deadweight.  For example... I signed Henry in 2019 for 3 years.  He's completed his 19 and 20 season.  If I drop him, I get 1 year of deadweight for the unused portion of the contract.  If and when someone signs him, at that point I get the deadweight removed from my cap.  

Users who are viewing this thread