What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Lock it up! : 🔐 Name your stone cold draft pick lock (outside the top 2) (1 Viewer)

-OZ-

Footballguy
We "know" Lawrence and Wilson go 1-2. 

But what other picks would you bet your Bitcoin on? 

Pitts to Atlanta? Jones to SF? :oldunsure:

I think Surtain to Dallas is about as close to a lock as they come. 

What say you? (This should provide entertainment after or during the draft)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going Mac Jones to SF. Call me crazy, gullible, whatever but I'm believing this. The rest of the top 10 or so is just way too uncertain with trades and such to predict for me.

1-You know who

2-You think you know who

3-Mac Jones and a lot of debate for months to come

4-Atlanta/TBD Justin Fields who I think is unfortunately paying for the Haskins debacle in Washington. They are not remotely close as QB prospects. 

5-Cinci Offensive Tackle, be it Sewell or whoever...how can they look at Joe Burrow after they allowed him the same treatment as Carson Palmer, poor Burrow should have just had them snap his ACL the minute he signed his rookie deal, woulda had more time to heal up. I'm brutal but everyone knows this team is thought of as mostly a curse by the folks who play there over their careers. 

6-Miami, I think they are locked in on Devonta Smith, and I pray they do not select Waddle, that seems like the absolute worst out of the Pitts-Smith- Chase-Waddle bucket for offense outside of the 4-5 QBs that seem to be on top of most folks boards.  

I also think Miami is prime to trade with Washington to Chicago at 19 and 20, both could use their 2nd round pick this year and future 1st round picks to entice the Phins who could turn 4 in the Top 50 to say 5 or 6+ depending on what they are willing to do but I would prefer they load up in the 20-50 range or 20-60 range, that's where the true value is and not these overhyped QBs that teams have now figured out it's best to grab any of them in the 1st 5-10 picks of the Draft, still cheaper than overpaying guys who haven't really done all that much in terms of wins or Playoff wins. 

7-Detroit, they will be the first team to take a guy on Defense, they are billing themselves as the Kneecap Bitin' Fightin' Irish so they better be tough on Defense, that's just how I see them going. Could be DB or LB but I see them getting tougher and tougher. 

8-Carolina, I'm sure Tepper will be taking the No 1 on his Draft Board no matter who they select, that will be the guy they truly desired above anyone else. They are just moments from becoming the next big thing in the NFL. 

9-Denver, trading up of course to catch their next QB. 

10-Dallas, don't be shocked if they take the best Cornerback they can draft at 10. I also would not be shocked if they traded up with Miami if Pitts is still on the board. If Miami were to select Pitts, look for Gesicki to be involved in a trade to Dallas for their 40-something pick in the 2nd round. 

18-Miami, Najee Harris so everyone will shut up that they have no running backs of note. I would prefer they go EDGE here with Paye/Oweh but to each their own. I also know folks who would prefer Rousseau/Phillips but I see red flags with both Miami DEs and would love for them to succeed but they are likely role players vs leaders on the DLine, just my opinion. I would take Moerhig at Safety here if I ran the Miami Dolphins and get ready to save $7M in cap space by ridding the Phins of either McCain or Rowe. They just traded their best OL in Flowers so they will do anything right now if they can save money going into 2022, all their free agent signings are 1-yr deals this year. They are not committed to anyone really.  

Belichick drafts somebody in the first round who is a consensus late 2nd or early 3rd rounder. Doesn't he usually do that?

Denver drafts a QB at #9.  Today's Bridgewater trade was nothing more than Denver attempting to discourage a team from trading up to get in front of them.  I will say Trey Lance.

1-You know who

2-You think you know who

3-Mac Jones and a lot of debate for months to come

4-Atlanta/TBD Justin Fields who I think is unfortunately paying for the Haskins debacle in Washington. They are not remotely close as QB prospects. 

5-Cinci Offensive Tackle, be it Sewell or whoever...how can they look at Joe Burrow after they allowed him the same treatment as Carson Palmer, poor Burrow should have just had them snap his ACL the minute he signed his rookie deal, woulda had more time to heal up. I'm brutal but everyone knows this team is thought of as mostly a curse by the folks who play there over their careers. 

6-Miami, I think they are locked in on Devonta Smith, and I pray they do not select Waddle, that seems like the absolute worst out of the Pitts-Smith- Chase-Waddle bucket for offense outside of the 4-5 QBs that seem to be on top of most folks boards.  

I also think Miami is prime to trade with Washington to Chicago at 19 and 20, both could use their 2nd round pick this year and future 1st round picks to entice the Phins who could turn 4 in the Top 50 to say 5 or 6+ depending on what they are willing to do but I would prefer they load up in the 20-50 range or 20-60 range, that's where the true value is and not these overhyped QBs that teams have now figured out it's best to grab any of them in the 1st 5-10 picks of the Draft, still cheaper than overpaying guys who haven't really done all that much in terms of wins or Playoff wins. 

7-Detroit, they will be the first team to take a guy on Defense, they are billing themselves as the Kneecap Bitin' Fightin' Irish so they better be tough on Defense, that's just how I see them going. Could be DB or LB but I see them getting tougher and tougher. 

8-Carolina, I'm sure Tepper will be taking the No 1 on his Draft Board no matter who they select, that will be the guy they truly desired above anyone else. They are just moments from becoming the next big thing in the NFL. 

9-Denver, trading up of course to catch their next QB. 

10-Dallas, don't be shocked if they take the best Cornerback they can draft at 10. I also would not be shocked if they traded up with Miami if Pitts is still on the board. If Miami were to select Pitts, look for Gesicki to be involved in a trade to Dallas for their 40-something pick in the 2nd round. 

18-Miami, Najee Harris so everyone will shut up that they have no running backs of note. I would prefer they go EDGE here with Paye/Oweh but to each their own. I also know folks who would prefer Rousseau/Phillips but I see red flags with both Miami DEs and would love for them to succeed but they are likely role players vs leaders on the DLine, just my opinion. I would take Moerhig at Safety here if I ran the Miami Dolphins and get ready to save $7M in cap space by ridding the Phins of either McCain or Rowe. They just traded their best OL in Flowers so they will do anything right now if they can save money going into 2022, all their free agent signings are 1-yr deals this year. They are not committed to anyone really.  
11 locks, bold move.

Now that’s the definition of a bold call.  Miami trading down within their division to allow the Patriots a shot at their next franchise QB.  Seems almost impossible.
Were Flores and BB not tight I wouldn't consider it, but I honestly feel it could happen.

I'm going to say Chase to the Bengals

Harris to the Steelers

Belichick drafts somebody in the first round who is a consensus late 2nd or early 3rd rounder. Doesn't he usually do that?

For me, Kyle Pitts to the Falcons.  

Steelers Harris.

Pitts at 4 to ATL and Chase at 5 to Bengals
Congrats to the above.

Shockingly, every single other post in this thread didn't happen.

Congrats to the above.

Shockingly, every single other post in this thread didn't happen.

Lock it up:

Pick 239. Broncos: Josh Imatorbhebhe, WR, Illinois
You are forgetting about the true lock of the draft which hasn't happened yet

ETA:  Ok, nevermind.  He went undrafted and signed with Jax 

Users who are viewing this thread