What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Biden Targets Black Americans....again (1 Viewer)

YAY!!  So non-menthol cigarettes are BETTER for everyone who smokes and it may take longer to get lung cancer !!

I don't smoke and I really don't care what others may decide to put in their lungs....
...just like I'm not gay and I don't care what other's may put in their mouths...as long as it isn't attached to me.

But I just love the government making those decisions for us.

Last edited by a moderator:
YAY!!  So non-menthol cigarettes are BETTER for everyone who smokes and it may take longer to get lung cancer !!

I don't smoke and I really don't care what others may decide to put in their lungs....
...just like I'm not gay and I don't care what other's may put in their mouths...as long as it isn't attached to me.

But I just love the government making those decisions for us.
Why did Trump ban flavored e-cigarettes?

Why did Trump ban flavored e-cigarettes?
In order to address the skyrocketing rates of e-cigarette use by youths and adolescents. He banned e-liquids in fruit, dessert and mint flavors, leaving only menthol and tobacco products on the market..... Larger, tank-style e-cigarettes—which users could manually fill with e-liquids of their choice, and are primarily sold in age-restricted vape shops—were exempt.

Now, last I checked, there are no "skyrocketing rates" of menthol cigarettes being used by youths and adolescents....only the steady use of menthol cigarettes by blacks.
While President Trump obviously targeted the youth in order to prevent them from starting to smoke....Biden is targeting black smokers.

Face it...you back a known and proven racist.

Now, last I checked, there are no "skyrocketing rates" of menthol cigarettes being used by youths and adolescents....only the steady use of menthol cigarettes by blacks.
Really? You should read the article you originally linked then. 

In order to address the skyrocketing rates of e-cigarette use by youths and adolescents. He banned e-liquids in fruit, dessert and mint flavors, leaving only menthol and tobacco products on the market..... Larger, tank-style e-cigarettes—which users could manually fill with e-liquids of their choice, and are primarily sold in age-restricted vape shops—were exempt.

While President Trump obviously targeted the youth in order to prevent them from starting to smoke....Biden is targeting black smokers.

You make some good points, and while I don't know exactly what to make of this issue, it doesn't seem like the right thing to me. I think there's a productive discussion to be had here without the rhetoric though. 

The "Biden is a racist targeting black people" thing seems overboard. I think there's certainly an argument that this is patronizing or condescending. I think Biden is listening to health care leaders and leaders of groups that have long wanted to curtail the the damage that cigarettes/menthols have had on the black community.

Like many things in life, I think he's trying to do the "right" thing on a complex issue. The intent is good, but I think it's condescending and makes more sense to explore another approach. 

Here is where the ban for Menthol smokes came from

This is one of your more bizarre rants :lol:

Really? You should read the article you originally linked then. 
You mean...THIS portion of the link??

"Cigarette smoking has declined in recent years..."

Again...."there are no "skyrocketing rates" of menthol cigarettes being used by youths and adolescents".

You mean...THIS portion of the link??

"Cigarette smoking has declined in recent years..."

Again...."there are no "skyrocketing rates" of menthol cigarettes being used by youths and adolescents".
That article you linked mentions repeatedly the point of this ban is because menthol smokes target kids :lol:

That article you linked mentions repeatedly the point of this ban is because menthol smokes target kids :lol:
I smoked for 20 years and never met a smoker who started on menthol and then graduated to non- menthol cigarettes. 

It's a preference for both young and old. You either like them or you don't and menthol cigarettes make up a small percentage of sales.

I smoked for 20 years and never met a smoker who started on menthol and then graduated to non- menthol cigarettes. 

It's a preference for both young and old. You either like them or you don't and menthol cigarettes make up a small percentage of sales.
Well that settles it.

Again, read the article you posted.

People have spent the last two pages insisted that it's all Para Los ninos....now, it's, "Yes...the blacks are being targeted...bot in a good way"

You people will believe anything 

People have spent the last two pages insisted that it's all Para Los ninos....now, it's, "Yes...the blacks are being targeted...bot in a good way"

You people will believe anything 
Why do you think Biden would target blacks in this way? Who was Donald targeting with the flavored eCigs ban?

Already answered

In order to address the skyrocketing rates of e-cigarette use by youths and adolescents. He banned e-liquids in fruit, dessert and mint flavors, leaving only menthol and tobacco products on the market..... Larger, tank-style e-cigarettes—which users could manually fill with e-liquids of their choice, and are primarily sold in age-restricted vape shops—were exempt
...and Biden did it in order to expand the plantation and exert control 

Biden's a racist,  ya know

Already answered

...and Biden did it in order to expand the plantation and exert control 
So read your article, it mentions some stats on young people and menthol. Is this something you are not in support of? Or were you not when Trump did this? 

No clue what “expand the plantation” means.

So read your article, it mentions some stats on young people and menthol. Is this something you are not in support of? Or were you not when Trump did this? 

No clue what “expand the plantation” means.
What President Trump did was not targeting a specific race as what Biden did, was.

What President Trump did was not targeting a specific race.
This is the most bizarre conversation. Banning flavored eCigs that target young people a couple years ago is good policy but banning menthol flavored smokes now that target young people is bad policy because young blacks smoke them at a higher rate?

Well that settles it.

Again, read the article you posted.
You mean past "targeted black americans"?  I think it is clear...that line was what the thread was all about.  Paint Biden as a racist....because Trump was rightfully painted in such a light for several of his actions.

Forget that the point of this is not targeting black americans in any negative manner (that Big Tobacco was doing that)...we have to play gotcha.

You mean past "targeted black americans"?  I think it is clear...that line was what the thread was all about.  Paint Biden as a racist....because Trump was rightfully painted in such a light for several of his actions.

Forget that the point of this is not targeting black americans in any negative manner (that Big Tobacco was doing that)...we have to play gotcha.
Biden has been rightfully painted as a racist for several of  his actions and statements

— “Well, I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you’re for me or Trump, then you ain’t black.”

— “You got the first mainstream African American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that’s a storybook, man.” 

— “Unlike the African-American community, with notable exceptions, the Latino community is an incredibly diverse community with incredibly diverse attitudes about different things.”

— “In Delaware, the largest growth in population is Indian-Americans moving from India. You cannot go to a 7-Eleven or a Dunkin’ Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent.”

Of course, we could always talk about Biden's lust for young children...but that's another thread.

You mean past "targeted black americans"?  I think it is clear...that line was what the thread was all about.
It's the soft bigotry of lowered expectations.  

IMO, the answer is binary - either put tobacco on the schedule 2 list or let adults be adults and choose for themselves what behaviors they will engage in.

Researchers have long known about the disparities in menthol cigarette use and its harmful effects on Black communities – and they’ve long regarded it as a pediatric issue: Among Black teenagers ages 12 to 17 who used tobacco, 71% smoked menthol, according to the CDC.
From the article posted in the OP

Opie didn’t read the article he posted :lol:
Of course I did...and you just keep proving my point.

This shows that blacks prefer, an therefore smoke, menthols....
Biden target menthols....therefore, targeted blacks by targeting their preferred type of cigarette.

If the article said that white teenagers did the same...it wouldn't be targeting a specific race, now would it?
It would be targeting a thing...not mostly exclusive to an individual race of people.
If ALL cigarettes were targeted...no big deal.
BUT...when you target a subset of all cigarettes...the subset that is overwhelmingly preferred by one, specific race....it changes the look of it.

Seriously...it's like explaining something to a 5 year old...a 5 year old who rides the short bus.

Of course I did....this proves that blacks smoke menthols....Biden target menthols....therefore, targeting blacks.

If the article said that white teenagers did the same...it wouldn't be targeting an individual race, now would it?
Targeting a product that kids smoke, like the flavored eCigs that the last guy banned. Look if you want to make it easier for tobacco companies to get kids to smoke that’s fine.

Targeting a product that kids smoke, like the flavored eCigs that the last guy banned. Look if you want to make it easier for tobacco companies to get kids to smoke that’s fine.
Targeting a product that an overwhelming amount of kids smoke....targets kids.

So your problem is government restricting tobacco’s ability to target young customers?
Nope....adult customers.

...and they're not targeting big tobacco's ability to target anyone....they are completely banning a product that is overwhelmingly preferred by a specific race of adults.

Nope....adult customers.

...and they're not targeting big tobacco's ability to target anyone....they are banning a product that is preferred by a specific race of adults.
What if I were a big fan of those flavored eCigs? 

What if I were a big fan of those flavored eCigs? 
I would direct you to one of many places that you can buy them....did YOU read the article?
You'll have to buy them at a brick and mortar store after the end of the month.
Oasis Vape offers 2-for-one on Wednesdays.

At this moment, I'm looking at a bottle of "Strawberry Glazed".
My wife bought it about 2 weeks ago.

I guess that black adults aren't fans of vaping.

I want the ones that were banned during Trump's run. 
uh...you'll have to go into a brick and mortar store where they will check your ID.

Do you have a list of what got banned during Trump's run.....or do you just BELIEVE that they were banned because you heard it on the news?

uh...you'll have to go into a brick and mortar store where they will check your ID.

Do you have a list of what got banned?.....or do you just BELIEVE that they were banned because you heard it on the news?
How does that ban work? 

this is a fantastic idea

ban menthol cigarettes and people will stop smoking - it will never occur to them to smoke something else

same mentality as manning a certain kind of gun and that'll stop people from killing

yes, these "leaders" really believe in this stuff 

this is a fantastic idea

ban menthol cigarettes and people will stop smoking - it will never occur to them to smoke something else

same mentality as manning a certain kind of gun and that'll stop people from killing

yes, these "leaders" really believe in this stuff 
If this is effective seems to be a separate topic.

Do you think the efforts to limit marketing cigarettes to kids has been effective?

Users who are viewing this thread