What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL 2021 NFL Draft Thread *** (2 Viewers)

Faust

MVP
Draft Day has arrived. This thread is the place to discuss all things pertaining to the 2021 NFL Draft. 

Feel free to post any rumours or speculation leading up to the start of the draft, and of course the discussion on all of the picks as they unfold.

A few questions:

"What QB will the Niners pick?

In this trio of QBs, who will be drafted first?

• Justin Fields 
  • Mac Jones 
  • Trey Lance
Who will be the first wide receiver drafted?

• Ja'Marr Chase
  • DeVonta Smith
  • Jaylen Waddle
  • Other
What team is most likely to trade into a top 10 pick?

• Patriots
  • Eagles
  • Bears
  • Browns
  • Washington Football Team
  • Steelers
  • Other

Which player takes a round 1 fall to later than where the mock drafts are indicating?

Which players land as a round 1 surprise pick?

Andrew Brandt @AndrewBrandt

I’ll never forget a Lambeau Field Draft party going on below us with 1,000 people. The thunderous boos from there when we picked Aaron Rodgers literally shook our souls. And we got an F from most media grades. And Brett was mad. And the coaches are mad. But we trusted the Board.

7:39 PM · Apr 28, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

ESPN's Jordan Raanan reports the "prevailing thought" is that the Giants pick an Alabama WR (DeVonta Smith or Jaylen Waddle) with the No. 11 pick.

That's been the word out of the Giants' front office for some time but it still seems unfathomable after the organization signed Kenny Golladay to a four-year deal and added ex-Bengals wideout John Ross as depth. Even with numerous holes to fill on defense and the offensive line, perhaps it's time to start thinking GM Dave Gettleman gets this one wrong with another wide receiver after all. HC Joe Judge may persuade him to look elsewhere by the time New York is on the clock at No. 11.

RELATED: 

Jaylen Waddle

SOURCE: Jordan Raanan on Twitter

Apr 29, 2021, 8:49 AM ET

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Saints have "called into the Top 10 to gauge value" for Thursday's draft.

The Saints are reportedly looking to replace Janoris Jenkins with a splash selection and Virginia Tech's Caleb Farley is the player commonly being connected to those rumors. With Alabama CB Patrick Surtain, South Carolina CB Jaycee Horn, and Northwestern CB Greg Newsome all expected to hear their names called inside the Top 22, New Orleans obviously needs to jump at least nine spots to get one of the top three/four players at that position. Expect GM Mickey Loomis to stay on the phone until the draft commences Thursday night.

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Apr 29, 2021, 8:58 AM ET

Patriots trading up to 7 for Fields is also what I have in my mock, so I agree with that. But then he goes on to predict a Garoppolo trade. I think the Pats are pretty much the only suitor for Jimmy G, no?

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter

Multiple teams are expected to contact the 49ers today to inquire about the availability of QB Jimmy Garoppolo, per sources. But as of early this morning, the chances of him being traded are, in the words of one source, “remote.” Let’s see if anything changes in next 72 hours.
https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/1387730950696669184?s=21

Interesting. I guess I should have added "... at their current asking price." to the end of my statement. From what I've seen/heard they were originally asking for a 1st round pick. Lately it seems like that price has come down to a 2, but folks are saying they might be lucky to get that. So, I'm kind of thinking a 3rd, and maybe a little something else. I could see the Pats going for that if they don't love/get a rookie. I'm not sure how many other teams would pay that.

TCU S Trevon Moehrig could be in play for Washington with the 19th overall pick if the Football Team stays put, according to ESPN's Jeremy Fowler and Dan Graziano. 

Washington may look into moving up in the draft order, as the team would like to address its need at the quarterback position. While the Football Team did engage in trade conversations regarding QB Matthew Stafford and OT Orlando Brown Jr., they ultimately pulled out. GM Martin Mayhew spent time in Fargo with North Dakota State QB Trey Lance, so it's possible that Washington will look to move up if they're set on him as their quarterback of the future. But if Washington stays put Moehrig, who they're believed to be quite high on, could be the choice. The former TCU standout is expected to be the first safety off the board. 

RELATED: 

Trey Lance

SOURCE: ESPN.com 

Apr 28, 2021, 5:28 PM ET

Breaking: NFL Team considers both moving up AND down in the draft!
One of my favorite parts of the draft is when fans get mad at what their team does because they have heard rumors from guys in their basement and took it to heart that that is what they were going to do.

One of my favorite parts of the draft is when fans get mad at what their team does because they have heard rumors from guys in their basement and took it to heart that that is what they were going to do.
Don't come in here and spoil the fun!  I heard the Raiders are trading up to 6 and simultaneously trading into the 25th spot. Book it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Cautiously optimistic that these people getting paid way more than I do across the NFL have remembered to turn on their....*checks notes*....fax machines. Nothing worse than trying to make a trade OTC but you have to go to your carrier pigeon tech to get it done. 

I have two bold takes for the 1st round today. One is that Fields ends up a Patriot.

Two is that at somepoint there will be a zoom conference call between GMs that *accidentally* gets left on with a hot mic and both the ineptitude and secret discussions of strategy will be on display for someone to leak to the press later. I'm imagining it will be Pace. He will be heard saying something like "this QB will be really good for us in the 4th quarter when we're up by 4 with 6 minutes left and we need someone to hand the ball to the RB on 3rd and 7." Another staffer will chime in "but we're not likely to have the lead with 6 minutes left, maybe we should get a QB that can throw it". Pace responds "that's what Dalton is for." Hilarity ensues. Ok more coffee please!

Proposed drinking game phrases:

"Loose, tight of fluid hips"
"High motor"
"Football IQ"
"Contact balance"
"Twitchy"
"Sources are telling me"

Be honest there are a couple there that could get us killed. Any others?
"heartache"

"tragedy"

"poor"

"gym rat"

"freak"

Users who are viewing this thread