Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

*** OFFICIAL 2021 NFL Draft Thread ***

2 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Mac Jones falls to the Bucs - that was my call in the bold calls topic. Feelin it’s gonna happen. 

Past the Bears at 20? Not if he's sitting there. Not if Pace wants to keep his job another year.

• Like 1

Just now, woodstock said:

Sewell to Lions was a good pick, IMHO. 

Yes indeed it was.  Crazy good value (even though I wanted Chase more - Sewell would have been excellent too for my Bengals)

-QG

• Like 1

Just now, Anarchy99 said:

Come on Bill, you spent ALL WEEK talking to the Panthers about getting this pick. Fields is yours if you want him. 

Please no. 

Signed, Jets fan. 

Nope. Carolina pick in. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FreeBaGeL said:

Who is going to play WR for the Lions this year?

:hey:

:oldunsure:

Bo cephus?

Edited by -OZ-

1 minute ago, QuizGuy66 said:

Yes indeed it was.  Crazy good value (even though I wanted Chase more - Sewell would have been excellent too for my Bengals)

-QG

I thought if he got by Bengals Lions either trade down or take him. 

Miami blew it with Waddle, bypass Smith and Sewell, this will look as bad if not worse than when they took Tua over Herbert. 

Miami can gather all the Draft capital they want but they can't connect on the picks. 

League threads and texts are mostly putting Miami down right now for taking Waddle. 

I guess time will tell but so far Miami doesn't appear to be to be doing anything spectacular tonight. I know Waddle has many fans and people who play FF especially dynasty have great interest but it's pretty disappointing as a MIami fan when Tua looks mediocre and we squander a high pick on a WR that had limited snaps in college. Sounds like a winning formula. 

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Bracie Smathers said:

Pete Thamel
@PeteThamel
How will tonight go? According to a source in the thicket of the top of the draft: "There are so many teams trying to trade up right now.  I think you're going to see a record amount of trades."

:unsure:

• Laughing 3

Horn the right call for them there. Darnold deserves one year without looking over his shoulder at a first round pick. And if Darnold flames they'll have a top 10 next year anyway

• Like 2

Just now, QuizGuy66 said:

Wow Horn - probably the first true surprise (and probably not that big of one)

-QG

Didn't think it a surprise at all TBH

1 minute ago, renesauz said:

Horn the right call for them there. Darnold deserves one year without looking over his shoulder at a first round pick. And if Darnold flames they'll have a top 10 next year anyway

I've never bought this line of thought, though I know a lot of NFL teams agree with it.

If a QB struggles because he's worried about the competition on his own team, then he doesn't have the mental capacity to be an NFL QB and he's going to fail anyway.

Darnold has made millions and delivered below average results in exchange.  He "deserves" nothing and if he's weak enough that can't handle a little competition then he is going to fail whether that competition is there or not.

• Like 3

Darnold working out seems unlikely to me. If Rap was right that Panthers were high on Fields you take him. Team has the #8 pick all the time for a reason. Stay on the treadmill. 

• Like 2