What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL 2021 NFL Draft Thread *** (5 Viewers)

NFL Insider Jay Glazer reports the Saints are trying to trade into the Top 10 of Thursday's draft.

"Not for a QB," he added. This reaffirms Ian Rapoport's earlier report that the Saints have been on the phone all morning attempting to move inside the top-10, likely for an elite cornerback. Just hours away from the first pick of the 2021 draft, it's a storyline worth monitoring since any blockbuster deal would flip the night on its head.

SOURCE: Jay Glazer on Twitter

Apr 29, 2021, 12:07 PM ET

Pro Football Talk's Mike Florio reports the NFL is "pressing the 49ers to keep their pick under wraps for as long as possible."

The league is obviously trying to maximize TV ratings until the very moment Roger Goodell announces the No. 3 pick. While that likely gives Niners fans a sickening feeling, preserving the suspense will only make this draft that much more exciting/frustrating/tear-jerking at day's end. Mac Jones (-286) remains the favorite for San Francisco's selection at PointsBet, followed by Trey Lance (+240), Justin Fields (+500), and Kyle Pitts (+2500).

SOURCE: Pro Football Talk on Twitter

Apr 29, 2021, 11:43 AM ET

A few questions:

"What QB will the Niners pick?

In this trio of QBs, who will be drafted first?

• Justin Fields 
  • Mac Jones 
  • Trey Lance
Who will be the first wide receiver drafted?

• Ja'Marr Chase
  • DeVonta Smith
  • Jaylen Waddle
  • Other
What team is most likely to trade into a top 10 pick?

• Patriots
  • Eagles
  • Bears
  • Browns
  • Washington Football Team
  • Steelers
  • Other
Niners should take Fields, but will take Jones

Chase

WFT. Although I think it is possible even likely 2 do.

The best move not being talked about - bengals should trade down with Denver, get an extra 1st + and still get the second best OL 
I don't think Denver wants to give up a first. I could see Denver trading a receiver and a second maybe. That being said, Cincy never trades down. 

ESPN's Jeremy Fowler reports that the Philadelphia Eagles have been "active this week" in looking for avenues to trade up.

As for who the Eagles might be targeting, Fowler hears that their trade machinations are possibly for a move which would jump them over the Cowboys in order to draft a cornerback such as Patrick Surtain or Jaycee Horn. Dallas is very much viewed to be in that same market. There is a wee bit of an NFC East pileup starting at No. 10, when the Cowboys, Giants and Eagles are currently slotted to pick consecutively. The off-shoot of this is that those teams -- which probably won't trade with each other -- are going to have to do a little more dancing than otherwise if they're trying to swing trades in that range.

SOURCE: Jeremy Fowler on Twitter

Apr 29, 2021, 12:19 PM ET

I know Minnesota absolutely needs a LT and I constantly complain about their online, but I admit I really would love to see them get a Fields or Lance as a true homegrown long term franchise QB. Stuck with Kirk's contract for a couple years but would free up alot of cash for a few years to get that young QB. Not hating on Kirk at all as the QB situation could be way worse.  Maybe they get that lineman and are able to land a Trask or Mills and they develop and surprise.

ESPN's Jordan Raanan reports the "prevailing thought" is that the Giants pick an Alabama WR (DeVonta Smith or Jaylen Waddle) with the No. 11 pick.

That's been the word out of the Giants' front office for some time but it still seems unfathomable after the organization signed Kenny Golladay to a four-year deal and added ex-Bengals wideout John Ross as depth. Even with numerous holes to fill on defense and the offensive line, perhaps it's time to start thinking GM Dave Gettleman gets this one wrong with another wide receiver after all. HC Joe Judge may persuade him to look elsewhere by the time New York is on the clock at No. 11.

RELATED: 

Jaylen Waddle

SOURCE: Jordan Raanan on Twitter

Apr 29, 2021, 8:49 AM ET
:lmao:  at this hot take by Raanan.  A team with one above average receiving option who also happens to be in his late 20's would be "unfathomable" to draft a WR in the 1st.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are a cord cutter and no longer have cable how are you planning on watching? I could do ABC over the air I guess but I imagine there are some good livestreams out there these days.

Pete Thamel
@PeteThamel
How will tonight go? According to a source in the thicket of the top of the draft: "There are so many teams trying to trade up right now.  I think you're going to see a record amount of trades."

Pete Thamel
@PeteThamel
How will tonight go? According to a source in the thicket of the top of the draft: "There are so many teams trying to trade up right now.  I think you're going to see a record amount of trades."
Rapoport said teams are viewing 2022 draft picks as gold because they will be more tape, better evaluations, more medicals, etc.

Rapoport said teams are viewing 2022 draft picks as gold because they will be more tape, better evaluations, more medicals, etc.
Doesn't mean teams are not looking to trade-up in this draft.  Makes sense for teams to move-up if they only have so-many draftable grades given out this year, they would want to move-up to land one of those players.  

So many opted-out or had shortened seasons so not as much film but 'some' players had more tape.  

Their have already been 4 trades involving first round picks next year, six picks have been traded for this year's draft so their have already been a fair amount dealt.   

Whoa… Schefter just dropped a bomb about Rodgers. Apparently doesn’t want to play in Green Bay next year and is threatening retirement. 

:lmao:  at this hot take by Raanan.  A team with one above average receiving option who also happens to be in his late 20's would be "unfathomable" to draft a WR in the 1st.
Not to mention they need to give their strong armed, unproven QB a chance to put up some points. 

I don't think they take either, but they'd be fine picks.

Doesn't mean teams are not looking to trade-up in this draft.  Makes sense for teams to move-up if they only have so-many draftable grades given out this year, they would want to move-up to land one of those players.  

So many opted-out or had shortened seasons so not as much film but 'some' players had more tape.  

Their have already been 4 trades involving first round picks next year, six picks have been traded for this year's draft so their have already been a fair amount dealt.   
I think it would be smart to trade up, include a mid round pick and get a late pick back. Something like 1 and 3 for slightly higher 1 and 5 makes sense this year imo.

Whoa… Schefter just dropped a bomb about Rodgers. Apparently doesn’t want to play in Green Bay next year and is threatening retirement. 
Huh.  It's almost like years of ticking off your franchise QB and planning for a future that doesn't involve him isn't a good way to convince him to stick around.

Once in a great while we are privileged to experience a TV event so extraordinary it becomes part of our shared heritage.  1969, man walks on the moon.  1971, man walks on the moon… again.  Then for a long time nothing happened, until tonight. 

Users who are viewing this thread