What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL 2021 NFL Draft Thread *** (2 Viewers)

NYG front office probably liked Toney as a top 10-12 pick, but knew he was viewed lower by the NFL/consensus, so felt comfortable trading down. They have injury-prone but talented Golladay and a whole lot of "meh" in Shepard and Slayton, so he will get a chance. He is worth taking a look at before just dismissing him due to pre-draft biases. 
Slayton is meh? 

90 catches for almost 1,600 yds and 11 TDs over his 1st 2 seasons, send him down here to Miami if you don't want him, please. I like Slayton a lot more than just meh...Shep I follow you more as average. 

You also didn’t interview the kid. Who knows why a franchise values one guy over another. I was happy with fields or Lance. Imma trust the Shanaplan. 
Interview him? He’s not working at a Fortune 500. Fields had an amazing career at OSU, playing super well in multiple huge games against the best programs. Huge arm, great leader, can run, tons of zip on the ball. He’s Deshaun Watson (on the field). 

Lance played 13 career games and his best opponent was like, James Madison or something. Just a completely baffling decision that San Fran will rue. 

Interview him? He’s not working at a Fortune 500. Fields had an amazing career at OSU, playing super well in multiple huge games against the best programs. Huge arm, great leader, can run, tons of zip on the ball. He’s Deshaun Watson (on the field). 

Lance played 13 career games and his best opponent was like, James Madison or something. Just a completely baffling decision that San Fran will rue. 
I wanted the Niners to take Fields at 3. I’m on record several times with that take on this very site. 

I don’t know what the reason is, but I trust there’s a reason. 

Slayton is meh? 

90 catches for almost 1,600 yds and 11 TDs over his 1st 2 seasons, send him down here to Miami if you don't want him, please. I like Slayton a lot more than just meh...Shep I follow you more as average. 
Slayton's ADP in FFPC Best Ball over the past 5 days is WR76 and pick 273. I am not sure how you define "meh" but FFPC drafters seemed to have laid it out pretty well. 

Harris? I think they need a line first. 

I'm not sure I trust a twenty-three year-old back that split time with Damien Harris and Josh Jacobs. Now that's contrarian. 

Can he play center or tackle?
I think it might have been a weird situation where all they desperately need a back and this year's class is thin. Buffalo, Atlanta, and the Jets loom large for a back, too. Probably had to take him here or bust. 

Harris? I think they need a line first. 

I'm not sure I trust a twenty-three year-old back that split time with Damien Harris and Josh Jacobs. Now that's contrarian. 
I think people make way too big an issue about that for the RB position. If you are drafting him in the first ride him hard between the ages of 23-27 and then let someone else pay him after you've gotten as many miles as possible off those tires. Just draft another one in four years. Rinse. Repeat.

Who does JAX take? Any idea at all? Needs on defense, for sure. Seems like the offense is set at WR, really. Need OL. That's probably where they go. But lot of smoke around WR and RB because of Meyer. 

Maybe he crosses everybody up and takes a running back in JAX' and James Robinson fantasy GM's nightmares. 

I think people make way too big an issue about that for the RB position. If you are drafting him in the first ride him hard between the ages of 23-27 and then let someone else pay him after you've gotten as many miles as possible off those tires. Just draft another one in four years. Rinse. Repeat.
Yeah, I get that and we've debated it on the board before. I guess I'm more concerned that his great years came as a grown man among almost literal boys.

Has anyone seen Barmore or Rousseau's outfits yet?  Haven't seen them on camera and my pool is trying to figure out if they wore bow ties or not lol

Users who are viewing this thread