What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL 2021 NFL Draft Thread *** (1 Viewer)

I think people make way too big an issue about that for the RB position. If you are drafting him in the first ride him hard between the ages of 23-27 and then let someone else pay him after you've gotten as many miles as possible off those tires. Just draft another one in four years. Rinse. Repeat.
:goodposting:

I've been beating this drumhead for about two months now. You take a RB for his first 4-5 years. Who cares if it's from age 21-25 or if it's 23-27? Especially when he hasn't been overused in college. 

Who does JAX take? Any idea at all? Needs on defense, for sure. Seems like the offense is set at WR, really. Need OL. That's probably where they go. But lot of smoke around WR and RB because of Meyer. 

Maybe he crosses everybody up and takes a running back in JAX' and James Robinson fantasy GM's nightmares. 
This is what will happen. 

:lmao:

Etienne to Jacksonville - and hearts break all over fantasyland.

This is what happens when a team thinks "what if we had an even better guy back there?"

Upside is that people will overthink things and Etienne will be available later in the 1st than he should be.

Last edited by a moderator:
OMG that is the dumbest pick I have seen in years. Ugh how can stupidity be that predictable. Kudos to all the folks that said Meyer is dumb enough to do it. gosh darn it. 
Yep. Sold him. My reasoning was that Meyer's ego is so big that he's going to want his own guys and big-time college recruited guys. He doesn't think he and his friends missed on Robinson. He doesn't think Robinson is that good. 

Knew it. Can't believe it. So stupid. 

Yeah, I get that and we've debated it on the board before. I guess I'm more concerned that his great years came as a grown man among almost literal boys.
That's a fair argument.

FWIW I also would rather build the OL on almost every team as well as a general rule. People talk about Brady winning the SB for TB last season but that OL was almost unrecognizably better than the year before. And KC looked completely hapless in the SB with just a few injuries. 

I was just saying that to me, age is almost irrelevant for the RB position. I would be more worried if he was an "old man" dominating against lesser competition but he's pretty much playing against a lot of NFL level competition already.

@AdamSchefter: And at pick No. 25, the Rams get...Jalen Ramsey.

And so the Jaguars get back Travis Etienne, K’Lavon Chaisson and this year’s fourth-round pick for Ramsey.

NOT a great pick. They have a serviceable YOUNG AND CHEAP RB and the team is terrible. NO way you should spend a 1st on a RB on a team like that
New Coach wants speed. Thunder & lightning. 

offensive weapons are a good thing. 

Robinson wasn’t even supposed to start for the Jags. Didnt Ryquel Armstad beat him out in camp & COVID made him a starter?

Ya I not as smart as you I still held.  Not good.
Everyone was skeptical of my return and reasoning. My reasoning was that with a new, big time coach with an ego like that, he's going to want his own guys touching the ball twenty times per game. I had no problem with selling Robinson. Now Etienne's value is a bit tanked, too. There goes that option. He's gonna free fall in rookie drafts. 

Robinson wasn’t even supposed to start for the Jags. Didnt Ryquel Armstad beat him out in camp & COVID made him a starter?
No. Robinson won the battle and was the reason they cut Fournette. New regime, though. New rules, new QB, new everything. 

This is the Jonathan Taylor/Marlon Mack situation all over again.

Bet on the talent.
I agree, they didn't spend a 1st to platoon Etienne with an undrafted RB by the prior regime no matter what numbers he put up last year. But kills Robinson's value, maybe he can get traded to another team.

Aren't you kind of making my point for me? RB picks in the first are a luxury needy teams can't afford

I don't recall for sure but I don't think that was really the case.  There wasn't a lot of clarity some people jumped on Armstead early because he was a hot backup the year before and it seemed natural he would slide into the starting role (especially alongside an UDFA no one had heard of), but if I recall Robinson started gaining a lot of steam in the fantasy community even before it became known that Armstead would be unavailable.

After completely blowing last year's 1st, paye would have been very welcome in Nashville. It's not the same at all, but farley has more risk than I'd want to take. But if healthy, could be fantastic.
Their defense next season could be anywhere in between top-5 to bottom-5 based on health alone. They were closer to bottom 5 last season but if Simmons/DuPree/Farley are all healthy and playing toward the top of their potential in 2021 the Titans could be among the SB favorites by December. Those are three very talented ascending players if everything is just right.

They have taken calculated risks which is what I like to see from a "playoff team". It's tough to make that last leap from that to legit SB contender. 

Users who are viewing this thread