Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

*** OFFICIAL 2021 NFL Draft Thread ***

The Miami Dolphins already have Parker and Fuller, they are paying $25M to the 2 of them for 2021. Parker is about $23M in dead cap hit so he isn't going anywhere unless they eat a lot of his paycheck, don't see it happening. 

The Miami Dolphins have nobody of note at RB, Myles is a nice story but he is not a game changer or anyone that defenses are scared of. Harris and Etienne could have started this season and helped us in 2021. 

How many balls do you think Waddle is going to catch in 2021 for the Miami Dolphins?

1 minute ago, barackdhouse said:

Robinson is the price I have to pay to the fantasy Gods for getting Fields today. Oh that pick pisses me off. It is so gosh darned dumb.

Yep. But like I was saying earlier when I traded him, he's got a terrible speed score and didn't break too many big ones last year. Meyer wants a speed guy who hits home runs. Plus, as I keep saying, these coaches really don't think they miss guys. They really think they've covered everybody worthy. Robinson to Meyer? Poop on his shoe, really.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

I wanted the Niners to take Fields at 3. I’m on record several times with that take on this very site. 

I don’t know what the reason is, but I trust there’s a reason. 

Well of course. And certainly they know more than me, but teams overthink things and make bad picks all the time. For your sake I hope that isn’t the case but that pick and Fields falling to 11 is crazy to me. We’ll see. 

• Like 1

Glad James Robinson was good enough to carry multiple of my RB needy teams to either league wins or near league wins, and now I'm left with with lots of 1.11's and 1.12's to try to replace him. :wall:

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Saw Bateman as the best WR still on the board.

Bateman is going to turn Marquise Brown into an afterthought by Week 6.The passing O is going to look much better now.

Edited by The Frankman
  • Thinking 1

Just now, mcintyre1 said:

Glad James Robinson was good enough to carry multiple of my RB needy teams to either league wins or near league wins, and now I'm left with with lots of 1.11's and 1.12's to try to replace him. :wall:

Don't sweat it. You'll be able to replace him with Gainwell/Carter/Sermon.

• Like 1

Fell in love with Rashod and there he goes, into the quicksand. Goodbye, friend. Wish I got to know you a little better. Knew Etienne and he were coming before Roger even read the card. Miserable situations for dynasty guys everywhere. 

Edited by woodstock
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, The Frankman said:

Bateman is going to turn Marquise Brown into an afterthought by Week 6.The passing O is going to look much better now.

Not hard considering they were 32nd in the league last year.

26 minutes ago, Capella said:

Interview him? He’s not working at a Fortune 500. Fields had an amazing career at OSU, playing super well in multiple huge games against the best programs. Huge arm, great leader, can run, tons of zip on the ball. He’s Deshaun Watson (on the field). 

Lance played 13 career games and his best opponent was like, James Madison or something. Just a completely baffling decision that San Fran will rue. 

Agree totally. 

20 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

They must have been the guys that had Jaycee Horn as the 3rd or 4th best cornerback.

No, the guys who are wondering in if Harris will be FF relevant in Pittsburgh. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, sho nuff said:

With Bateman gone...have to think if GB takes their pick, they go OL or maybe corner.   Thought Bateman was theninly WR they take in the 1st once Toney was gone.

Gutie take a WR early?  probably grab another TE/Hback instead.

2 minutes ago, QuizGuy66 said:

So what pick would most anger Rodgers at 29 for the Packers?

-QG

WOuld love to see Tylan Wallace catching from Aaron

1 minute ago, Ministry of Pain said:

He had 28 last year, that's quite a jump. Is he going to do that as the WR1 in front of Parker and Fuller, take balls away from Gesicki? He had 33 the year prior. 

He may be one of the few WR's that makes Fuller look like an Ironman.

• Laughing 1

1 minute ago, Ministry of Pain said:

He had 28 last year, that's quite a jump. Is he going to do that as the WR1 in front of Parker and Fuller, take balls away from Gesicki? He had 33 the year prior. 

con·text

/ˈkäntekst/

noun

the circumstances that form the setting for an event, statement, or idea, and in terms of which it can be fully understood and assessed.

1 minute ago, beef said:

Gutie take a WR early?  probably grab another TE/Hback instead.

I thought WR was a stretch anyway.   Just a position they dont take in then1st.  But Bateman was the only one I thought they might.

I think its Teven Jenkins, Liam Eichenberg, Asante Samuel Jr, or Eric Stokes.  Outside shot at Christian Barnore

6 minutes ago, Grigs Allmoon said:

Aren't they usually?

Not usually. Most years there's some pretty clear pecking orders with the occasional outliers, you see it time and time in again in the Post Your Rookie Draft threads.

Edit: For example take last year, in a large percentage of drafts it was the RB's 1-5 last year, Lamb, Jeudy, Jefferson, then the variance started.

Edited by Buckna

6 minutes ago, The Frankman said:

Agreed but it'll be a relative better and it won't be fantasy friendly. There's just not enough targets to go around between Andrews, Brown, Bateman, and now Watkins too.