Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

*** OFFICIAL 2021 NFL Draft Thread ***

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah, I’ve witnessed it from my time living in West Virginia and owning a ####### TV.

Which is worse?   Jax drafting an RB in round 1, or me throwing tater tots into the oven at 10:25 pm?

No... Tater tots into the air-fryer is the shark move.

1 minute ago, Andy Dufresne said:

My friend is following someone on Twitter who is revealing picks early.

I'm surprised but intrigued by the Vikings next pick.

Tebow and Manziel mentioned alongside him in the first on screen blurb I saw, listening to music while I watch, have no idea what the talking heads are saying. 

Does he have to start in '21? Any Qb who can sit for at least a year and hold a clipboard has a better chance in this league long term. 

I like Mond the most out of the non 1st rd QB's

Your 2021 Texans starter.

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1
Just now, Andy Dufresne said:

So Watson is either suspended or traded.

Or both

Just now, Dez said:

Wow Houston Wow

Even the guy reading the pick threw them under the bus saying he wasn’t lucky enough to be drafted by...the Browns

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Andy Dufresne said:

So Watson is either suspended or traded.

Or on the exempt list for the season

1 minute ago, Boston said:

Mike Davis Owners maybe the big winners this weekend...

Good thing I traded him but at least I kept James Robinson...

• Like 3
1 minute ago, cap'n grunge said:

So after Rodgers retires to be Alex Trebek maybe Cousins can take over.

For what, Press your Luck?  

• Laughing 1
15 minutes ago, tangfoot said:

They haven’t played that game in a decade or more. 

Johnny Cooper doesn’t coach at Ohio State any more, bud.  

Just now, Ministry of Pain said:

I wouldn't be so sure...this is a long novel with many chapters yet to be written. 

There is already many chapters of women, you mean there's more coming forward?  Watson hanging out with Matt Gaetz?  

3 minutes ago, Ministry of Pain said:

I wouldn't be so sure...this is a long novel with many chapters yet to be written. 

meh...ok.....post week 10 starter ;)

• Like 1
Just now, BobbyLayne said:

Lions on the clock 

if Cox is going Big Blue I like the ‘cuss CB

Lots of CB and WR out there. We'll see what happens....

Panthers grabbed Horn, some felt he might not fit their scheme, I personally like the pick and think they got a potential playmaker in their Secondary that QBs will not want to throw at. 

Then they took Marshall who was projected as a late 1st early 2nd as late as a few weeks ago, injury concerns but they might have gotten value thee. 

Brady Christensen might not become an All Pro Tackle but he can be useful on their OL and has a good chance to develop for them. 

I might not say A+ but when you factor in Teddy sent bye bye and Darnold gets a 2nd chance, they aren't going to beat the Bucs any time soon but they got better last night and tonight. Still way behind when Rivera had them on top of the NFC but still a pretty decent look so far. 

• Like 1

Panthers decided reaching a 1/2 round wasn't enough so now the reach 2 rounds.  This could be one of the worst drafts on paper ever.

• Laughing 1
1 minute ago, Ministry of Pain said:

Panthers grabbed Horn, some felt he might not fit their scheme, I personally like the pick and think they got a potential playmaker in their Secondary that QBs will not want to throw at. 

Then they took Marshall who was projected as a late 1st early 2nd as late as a few weeks ago, injury concerns but they might have gotten value thee. 

Brady Christensen might not become an All Pro Tackle but he can be useful on their OL and has a good chance to develop for them. 

I might not say A+ but when you factor in Teddy sent bye bye and Darnold gets a 2nd chance, they aren't going to beat the Bucs any time soon but they got better last night and tonight. Still way behind when Rivera had them on top of the NFC but still a pretty decent look so far. 

I think Panthers have had a solid draft. And I'm sure Darnold will play MUCH better than Teddy with the weapons he'll have this year. 

• Like 1
Just now, Andy Dufresne said:

:confused: He had a lot of positive buzz.

the player is good

just wish we would have addressed the worst LB corps in the NFL by now

• Like 1

Detorit gets a potential All Pro Tackle to build their OL

They come back and get a DT rated high on many boards. 

They come back again and get McNeil who was thought to be some people #1 DT/IDL on their boards. He is very athletic and can be a nightmare for opposing Guards and Centers. 

Pair Levi with McNeil and the Lions are going to be tough to run on and they also should be able to run the ball and control the clock better with Sewell, this team is going places. 

Dan Campbell coached Miami for about half a season and he showcased a tremendous work ethic but had poor players here. 

So far Detroit is in good hands, they can look at skill position types next year. 

MoP seal of approval or the ultimate KoD. 

1 minute ago, Ministry of Pain said:

The WR pick was OK but the other two were crap picks.

Christensen grade 39, overall 238.  238 = UDFA.  

Eichenberg who they could have had if they stayed put, grade 88, overall 33

1 minute ago, Mister CIA said:

The Lions' commissary bill is going to be huge this summer.

They’ll just keep a lot of kneecaps on hand for snacking on

5 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Well, the Lions appear to now be testing at least half my theory on how the modern NFL works: Big up front, fast everywhere else.

They're doing it the right way :shrug:

3 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

The WR pick was OK but the other two were crap picks.

Christensen grade 39, overall 238.  238 = UDFA.  

Eichenberg who they could have had if they stayed put, grade 88, overall 33

Read This

and he was rated #74 Overall on Pro Football Focus which is. solid 3rd round grade, almost a late 2nd. 

"Christensen broke the PFF record for overall grade by a tackle at 96.0 in 2020. While he is on the older side (24), Christensen’s dominance is difficult to ignore after allowing three pressures all last season."

Relax ;)

9 minutes ago, ffmail4me said:

I think Panthers have had a solid draft. And I'm sure Darnold will play MUCH better than Teddy with the weapons he'll have this year. 

Their draft is easily the worst in the league.  Damn I wish we could bring Hurney back.  I mean he wasted all his late round picks, but this new guy screws every picks.

Just now, BassNBrew said:

Their draft is easily the worst in the league.  Damn I wish we could bring Hurney back.  I mean he wasted all his late round picks, but this new guy screws every picks.

They haven't drafted well the last few years but I do think Darnold is going to surprise, I really do. Having CMC and 3 nice WR targets to throw to helps a lot too. Darnold definitely has more talent around him now, that's for sure.