What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL 2021 NFL Draft Thread *** (3 Viewers)

I liked the Levi Onwuzurike pick a lot, the second DT not so much. But at 938 pounds I think we're leading the draft in weight through the first three picks.

The Syracuse corner is long and strong, could develop into a very good player. Plus we now have five Nigerians on defense.*

I wouldn't mind if we address the expansion roster WR room and the worst LB corps in the league - per PFF and my eyeballs that's not even close to hyperbole for the latter - on Day 3, but we're in full tank mode so there might be some 3D level chess to their methodology. 

*admittedly I have no idea what that means
I actually think McNeill is a better prospect than Onwuzurike. I thought he was a reach and Alim a steal. Lions are having a nice draft for sure.

Dez was a baller his freshman year with Lamar.  His numbers fell off with terrible QB play, then with a coaching change switched to a run heavy offense.  Surprised he went that high, though.  Shocked he went ahead of St Brown.

Michael Carter to the Jets could be the most fantasy significant pick of day 3. His competition is weak and his talent is undoubted so there's a swift path to fantasy relevance. I could see him as a mid-late 2nd round pick in dynasty drafts.

Titans traded up with the Panthers to select Louisville WR Dez Fitzpatrick with the No. 109 overall pick in the 2021 NFL Draft.

Fitzpatrick (6'1/208) burst onto the scene with 45/699/9 as a 19-year-old redshirt freshman alongside former Louisville QB Lamar Jackson, finishing his four-year career with more yards per catch (16.8) than teammate Tutu Atwell (16.5) -- who was drafted by the Rams in the second round -- and becoming the sixth player in school history to reach 2,500 receiving yards. His leaner build and play strength are less than ideal against press coverage at the next level but Fitzpatrick offers 58th percentile athleticism with an elite wingspan (80 5/8") to compete at the highest catch point. Bryant could immediately find his way onto the field with A.J. Brown and Josh Reynolds potentially the only wideouts ahead of him on Tennessee's depth chart. Brown's target supremacy remains intact. 

May 1, 2021, 12:19 PM ET

Carter to the Jets is a spot.  He’ll get his chances.  If he sneaks into the 1st, I’m out.  I bet they look for someone else in the near futue

Michael Carter to the Jets could be the most fantasy significant pick of day 3. His competition is weak and his talent is undoubted so there's a swift path to fantasy relevance. I could see him as a mid-late 2nd round pick in dynasty drafts.
Carter won’t be there mid 2nd

Bengals selected Tulane DE Cameron Sample with the No. 111 overall pick in the 2021 NFL Draft.

Though a three-year starter for the Green Wave, Sample (6’3/267) had been flying under the radar as a prospect heading into 2020, steadily improving each year, but not really putting it all together yet. He excelled as a senior, racking up 52 tackles, 5.0 sacks, 48 pressures and 31 stops as an every down player who recorded 711 snaps during the truncated season. He opened a lot of eyes at the Senior Bowl practices when he posted a stellar 78% win rate in 1-on-1’s, earning an elite +8.0 rating from PFF for his performance which was the highest 1-on-1 grade PFF awarded to any edge defender at this year’s Senior Bowl. If his practice dominance wasn’t enough, Sample was named Defensive MVP of the Senior Bowl game itself. The Tulane edge defender tested above average in almost all of his Pro Day drills, earning a 7.46 RAS. He’s a speed edge rusher with a nice burst off the line and remarkable agility for his size. It would behoove him to develop more pass rush weapons to combine with his powerful bull rush. Sample could potentially slide inside if he were to add some functional weight and is somewhat like Trey Flowers.

RELATED: 

Cincinnati Bengals

May 1, 2021, 12:31 PM ET

Lions continue to make good decisions. 

Is St Brown going to be an All-Pro? Of course not BUT they laid the foundation in the 1st-2nd-3rd and now they take a chance on some skills spots that have a fighting chance with better lines to protect as well as hold opposing teams down so the running game and potential game winning drives are on the line in the 4th quarter. 

Booger McPain: "I just love what the Detroit Lions are doing in this Draft"

I really like Mike Davis, but I cannot believe that he is their plan for 2021. Now they don't have another pick until the top of the 5th. Do they move up? Do they take someone later that nobody is going to love but wins the job? This draft is unfolding like a major indictment of the RB quality. Which is what most of us have been saying all along. But it is sort of shocking Atlanta hasn't done something there. 

Carter won’t be there mid 2nd
Well... I can easily see the following going ahead of him:

Top 3 RBs (Harris, Etienne, Williams)

Top TE (Pitts)

Top 4 QBs (Lawrence, Wilson, Lance, Fields)

Top 5 WRs (Chase, Waddle, Smith, Toney, Bateman)

We're already into the 2nd round and there's still tons of talent that would be available like Trey Sermon, Mac Jones, lots of WRs...

Vikings selected Iowa State RB Kene Nwangwu with the No. 119 overall pick in the 2021 NFL Draft.

Nwangwu (6’0/201) was a three-star recruit and four-year part-time player at Iowa State. Stuck behind three-down workhorses David Montgomery and Breece Hall, Nwangwu only had 150 career offensive touches (143 carries, 7 carries), but at least set the Cyclones’ kickoff return record (26.85 yards) on 92 career returns. His special teams success stems from his 98th percentile Adjusted SPARQ athleticism (4.31 forty), both of which give him increased odds of making a 53-man roster in the NFL. Nwangwu, a mechanical engineer major, is the definition of a deep sleeper despite the obvious production and age (23) red flags. Nwangwu will replace Mike Boone as the Vikings' No. 3 back behind Dalvin Cook and Alexander Mattison.

May 1, 2021, 12:51 PM ET

Demetric Felton-WR/RB/Return

Brevin Jordan-TE

Kenneth Gainwell-RB

Kylin Hill-RB

Deonte Brown-OG

Drake Jackson-Center

These are the last few names on the Offense that I am interested to see where they land. 

Hubbard and Herbert are a fe wlists for some folks as well. 

Users who are viewing this thread