Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

*** OFFICIAL 2021 NFL Draft Thread ***

4 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Nice player. Good pick.

Looks like he has a DUI recently. Such a Vikings thing to do.

• Laughing 2

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Broncos draft is lights out!

I keep hearing that, but as long as the QB position is still in limbo, it is hard to get too excited about the team.  I have zero confidence in Lock, and while Bridgewater is a solid starter who'd be an upgrade, his upside is limited. 

Edited by Ghost Rider
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Ghost Rider said:

I keep hearing that, but as long as the QB position is still in limbo, it is hard to get too excited about the team.  I have zero confidence in Lock, and while Bridgewater is a solid starter who'd be an upgrade, his upside is limited. 

New GM. Rome wasn't built in a day.

9 minutes ago, Ghost Rider said:

What are they sending to GB for Rodgers after June 1?

Jamar Johnson is a strong candidate to be the biggest steal of the draft. I think he's a better player than a few guys who went in round 1. 

I agree with Andy, Denver is killing it. Best secondary in the NFL(probably best defense) and some intriguing offensive weapons. Even with issues at QB this feels like a team ready to make a playoff push. If Lock takes a leap, this is a top-8 NFL team. 

• Like 1

Marvin Wilson might be on the all-time bad decision list for not coming out last year. He was a late 1st level prospect a year ago, now he's looking like a 6th rounder at best. At this point, this feels like an overcorrection. He had a bad 2020, but man, that 2018-2019 guy could still be in there somewhere.

Kinda surprised no Khalil Herbert yet either. I thought he was the best zone runner in the draft class. Hands were an issue, but he's a very good athlete. I thought he was a better prospect than Gainwell or Hubbard, hell arguably better than Sermon even.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Ghost Rider said:

Rypien should be the starter.  Most winningest Bronco's QB in a decade.

43 minutes ago, travdogg said:

Jamar Johnson is a strong candidate to be the biggest steal of the draft. I think he's a better player than a few guys who went in round 1. 

I agree with Andy, Denver is killing it. Best secondary in the NFL(probably best defense) and some intriguing offensive weapons. Even with issues at QB this feels like a team ready to make a playoff push. If Lock takes a leap, this is a top-8 NFL team. 

Wow.  I mean I'm with you that they'll improve a lot, but I can't possibly see them being close to a top 8 NFL team this year.  To accomplish that, they'd have to go from 5-11 to 12-5 in 1 year.  I'd be totally shocked if they won 12 games this year, and fairly shocked if they won over 10.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Donnybrook said:

I have to think the Vikings should be drafting the best available CB.  ??

Surprised not taking a safety.

That Uphoff kid was generating buzz.

Edited by Andy Dufresne

7 minutes ago, Deamon said:

Wow.  I mean I'm with you that they'll improve a lot, but I can't possibly see them being close to a top 8 NFL team this year.  To accomplish that, they'd have to go from 5-11 to 12-5 in 1 year.  I'd be totally shocked if they won 12 games this year, and fairly shocked if they won over 10.

I mean if the QB play even gets to league average its doable. In addition to all then great off season moves they are getting arguably their best offensive and defensive players back from missing essentially all of 2020, in Sutton and Miller. Really think people are sleeping on Sutton, he might be a top-10 NFL WR going forward.

1 hour ago, Andy Dufresne said:

New GM. Rome wasn't built in a day.

Nope - he had to call Jim Everett “Chrissy” to really blow up. 

Oh, wait - you meant...never mind. 

• Love 1
  • Laughing 2

3 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Surprised not taking a safety.

That Uphoff kid was generating buzz.

Speilman announced Camryn Bynum position as a safety rather CB so I assume they will be attempting to convert him.  

• Like 1

Just now, travdogg said:

I mean if the QB play even gets to league average its doable. In addition to all then great off season moves they are getting arguably their best offensive and defensive players back from missing essentially all of 2020, in Sutton and Miller. Really think people are sleeping on Sutton, he might be a top-10 NFL WR going forward.

Ya I think Jeudy will take a huge step up too and they will be 1a/1b.  They definitely have a lot of young talent but I think they're quite far from being an 11/12 win team. 

If they get Rodgers then I can see it for sure.  I think they improve this year and go 7-10.  I think 9-8 is their ceiling if they get good QB play.  I just don't see Teddy or Lock being the answer.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Grigs Allmoon said:

The Bills and Texans made a trade like 2 hours ago and NFLN still hasn't updated their draft order ticker. 

They just fixed it. Someone in "the truck" must've been like "Oh ####, the Bills are on the clock?!?! We've been showing the Texans.

😆

• Laughing 1

2 hours ago, Desert_Power said:

Ravens get a steal (what else is new) in Shaun Wade here. I know his stock got destroyed this year, but certainly worth a shot at this stage.

Just saw this.  That is a huge steal.  The Bengals took a kicker when they could have taken a shot at him.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Browns! That's actually an interesting spot.

Looks like a bit of disaster for FF. OBJ, Landry, Higgins, and Peoples-Jones being joined by Schwartz and Felton from the draft. Still have all three TEs too. Something has to give there.

ETA: I guess they could just see him as a RB, but that room is crowded too.

Edited by Desert_Power

Just now, Desert_Power said:

Looks like a bit of disaster for FF. OBJ, Landry, Higgins, and Peoples-Jones being joined by Schwartz and Felton from the draft. Still have all three TEs too. Something has to give there.

I don't really think Higgins and DPJ will ever make much of an impact. But yeah, Felton needs some creativity to make him relevant. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Browns! That's actually an interesting spot.

Is he a RB/KR guy?  They brought in a handful of RB/KR in pre-draft visits, does anyone know if this kid can return kicks?

19 minutes ago, Desert_Power said:

“Seahawks trade pick to Seahawks” :lol:

I hear they traded a 7th this year for a 1st next year.  They made out like bandits.:ph34r:

Posted (edited)

I just realized the Jets drafted 2 guys named Michael Carter. :unsure:

And....they drafted Michael Carter, then unironically drafted Michael Carter the second. 
:o 

Edited by Hot Sauce Guy
  • Thinking 1

53 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

I don't really think Higgins and DPJ will ever make much of an impact. But yeah, Felton needs some creativity to make him relevant. 

Surprised they haven't moved on from OBJ or Landry thus far. Baker seems like a better QB without the former...

30 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

I just realized the Jets drafted 2 guys named Michael Carter. :unsure:

And....they drafted Michael Carter, then unironically drafted Michael Carter the second. 
:o 

They made a whole deal about it on NFLN.

14 minutes ago, cap'n grunge said:

They made a whole deal about it on NFLN.

I was working my farmers market - had to do a double take. I thought I was having déjà vu.

4 hours ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Have Tyroil Smoochie-Wallace, D’Squarius Green, Jr., Ibrahim Moizoos or Jackmerius Tacktheratrix been taken yet? 

UDFAs

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Deamon said:

Only TWO Day-3 QB's drafted this year.  Has that ever happened before?  Seems like that HAS to be a new record low.

Partly because the Pats stopped Mac Jones’s freefall. 

Had they not, there would likely have been another day 2 QB. 💡