What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Day 3 Dynasty Prospects--Discuss as they get drafted. (1 Viewer)

massraider

Footballguy
QB--Ummm, I won't be drafting any of them. Ha. Sam Ehlinger? 

RB:

Michael Carter--He feels like a nice RB2, more than a guy who can be the lead.  200 pounds, I think Dion Lewis is the goal here.
Khalil Herbert--Guys who had a weird route to the NFL are always interesting. He's older than you want, but was good at Kansas, then killed it at Va Tech. Might be a slipped-between-the-cracks guy.  5'9 212 is the kind of size I like for an NFL RB these days. Really looking forward to seeing the landing spot. 
Kenny Gainwell--My guess is he goes early here on day 3, but I dunno if I am gonna take him at his ADP. Looks like a scat back to me, without a true athletic calling card that could make him a special one. Better NFL player than fantasy asset, IMO.  Needs to wind up in a great spot where he gets a lot of targets.  
Rhamondre Stevenson-He's a big RB, with real agility, no homerun speed. He's gonna need some things to come together, and will be volume dependent, but he's kind of a favorite of mine. He's the kind of guy I could see being a backup, who becomes a nice spot play, if the starter goes down for a few weeks.  
Kylin Hill-Has great size, and had as many forced missed tackles per attempt as ETN and Najee. Thick legs, plays faster than he times. Dying to see where he goes.  
Chuba Hubbard-I don't like too much about this guy. Someone convince me otherwise.  
Chris Evans--He's gonna be 24 as a rookie, not good.  Physically, better than all these guys. Sony Michel, athletically, I would say.  Weird career, academic suspension, coaches buried him. No one knows full story, NFL teams do I am sure.  A true wild card, I think he'll make a lovely 4th round rookie pick.  
Jermar Jefferson
Elijah Mitchell--I forgot this guy!  He's a better athlete than more celebrated smaller backs, and he has fun highlights. I'm a fan. 
There's others, but this is the group of RB I am looking at.  

Imma make a WR list now.  

Last edited by a moderator:
What you said.

I still haven't heard anything tangible whatsoever on Hubbard as to why he is so low other than 2020 wasn't as good as 2019. I really don't think that is a good enough reason. It screams of groupthink to me. But if he falls further in this draft I won't be able to ignore that.

I think guys get overlooked for a variety of flawed reasons (quoting Moneyball here), and Herbert as a late transfer might be one. Eagerly awaiting a landing spot for Kylin Hill. 

WR:

Seth Williams-You'll be able to spot analytic geeks in your leagues, by the guys who draft him.  I put him in Nico Collins tier. Has sneaky WR1 profile. Needs to get picked soon for me to not lose faith. I'll draft this guy over Atwell or Eskridge right now, no matter when he is drafted.  
Jaelon Darden-Rondale Moore and this guy are the two slot types I am rooting for the most. Little guy, but has long arms for a dwarf, and 94th % agility score. If he winds up as slot guy somewhere without great outside uys, could have some years as a target hog. He's quick man.  
Amon-Ra St. Brown--So, first team Best Name Hall of Fame. 5'11, 197, 4.66 speed. Meh. Got some work opposite Pittman, that was nice, but when Pittman left, he let a kid eat into his targets. I am praying he goes somewhere great, and gets overdrafted. People like him tho.  Looks like a JAG to me.  
Tylan Wallace--St. Brown with a less cool name. Physically, he's forgettable, but he has traits, broke out at a young age. This is the kind of dude that gets drafted into a great situation, and the following year the team drafts an alpha WR in the 1st round   <_<  I'll take him if he presents value, but he already has a little buzz, watch him go to the Pats, and become a 2nd round rookie pick.  
Cade Johnson--Small guy, 5'10, 180, and killed it at a small school. Those guys always become favorites, and then he had a good week at the Senior Bowl, so he is now a sleeper favorite of a LOT of draft people, PFF included. I'm out. Too light, too slow.  RS Senior too, that's not wonderful.  He didn't break out at SD State till he was 20. I mean........
Dax Milne--Has fine size, and barely acceptable speed. He got deep at that speed a good amount for BYU, and is considered technically a goof route runner already.  Best case scenario is possession guy in a high powered offense. Tall white guy from BYU, let's root for him, shall we?
Simi Fehoko--I could see him being a riser, if he gets a nice spot. 6'4, 224, 4.49. That's all pretty great.  Bu he's gonna be 24 years old, and why wasn't he a man among boys at Stanford. Get a little Hakeem Butler feelings. Draft him strictly on measurables, and maybe someone moves him to TE, and you have Darren Waller? I'm guessing there will be some longshot RB I'd rather take over him at his ADP.  
Sage Surratt-6'3, 215. He's older, and ran a 4.75 at his pro day. Ouch.  Sat out this season.  He's a big dude, plays strong, but can he get open against anyone? That speed, that age, no thanks.

Who'd I miss?

With some less than great WR landing spots so far, as dynasty owners, we really could use Detroit taking a nice prospect here in the 4th.   

Michael Carter, RB, to the Jets. Opportunity, thy name is Michael Carter.  
Big time...I know it's the Jets (and I am probably in the minority) but he is in a better spot than Sermon IMO...competition is not as good and he does not have a QB that will vulture TDs...one caveat...he must be very productive in the passing game.

QB--Ummm, I won't be drafting any of them. Ha. Sam Ehlinger? 

RB: Kenny Gainwell--My guess is he goes early here on day 3, but I dunno if I am gonna take him at his ADP. Looks like a scat back to me, without a true athletic calling card that could make him a special one. Better NFL player than fantasy asset, IMO.  Needs to wind up in a great spot where he gets a lot of targets.  
Kylin Hill-Has great size, and had as many forced missed tackles per attempt as ETN and Najee. Thick legs, plays faster than he times. Dying to see where he goes.  
Chuba Hubbard-I don't like too much about this guy. Someone convince me otherwise.  
Chris Evans--He's gonna be 24 as a rookie, not good.  Physically, better than all these guys. Sony Michel, athletically, I would say.  Weird career, academic suspension, coaches buried him. No one knows full story, NFL teams do I am sure.  A true wild card, I think he'll make a lovely 4th round rookie pick.  
Jermar Jefferson
Elijah Mitchell--I forgot this guy!  He's a better athlete than more celebrated smaller backs, and he has fun highlights. I'm a fan. 
There's others, but this is the group of RB I am looking at.  

Imma make a WR list now.  
Either one of the ones I lit up in blue, would like to see them in a Miami Dolphins uniform to give the Phins a little more flexibility, like what they both bring to the table. 

Great thread idea @massraider

Dez Fitzpatrick?
Overview

Outside wideout with good size and build-up speed but lacking the functional short-area movement and catch focus to consistently work the short and intermediate routes. The long touchdown totals from 2020 are nice but Fitzpatrick hasn't shown the ability to operate as a complete wide receiver over the years. He has a chance to go on Day 3, but could have an uphill battle for a roster spot.

Strengths

Possesses NFL size.

Cranked up big play totals over the last two seasons.

Build-up speed on his vertical routes.

Shows ability to create movement with route leverage on third level.

Able to make late adjustments.

Above-average catch focus deep.

Size allows him to win in the air.

Weaknesses

Likely pigeon-holed as deep-ball guy.

Average foot quickness to elude press.

Consistently pounded by route redirection.

Fails to gain separation out of breaks underneath.

Tight hips put him on skates getting into deep comebacks.

Didn't make same read as quarterback several times.

Won't be able to slip many tackles after the catch.

Too many focus drops with inconsistent catch radius.

All about the opportunity right now and there's three big ones...if a guy like Carter or Gainwell end up in Atlanta, Miami or NYJ they are in a great spot for immediate fantasy success.
Phins have had some success with RBs later in drafts like Gaskin 7th, Drake was a 3rd, Miller was a 4th, Ajayi was a 5th, nothing over the moon but thy have had some mild success in the later rounds. 

Big spot here for Mike Davis owners.

**Congrats if you own him, a true underdog winner of the draft imo

If Julio doesn't get traded Matt Ryan could have a monster year.
Julio Jones

Calvin Ridley

Kyle Pitts...

Draft Dalman and Mayfield, I would say wise move. 

Richie Grant will put a stop to that 4th Q nonsense, 2nd half meltdowns they had a year ago. Just score 45 and he can keep them under 35, it's a great draft so far for the new folks in Atlanta, they are going with what they have rather than trying to rebuild right now. 

I do have Javian Hawkins, Jarret Patterson, and Larry Rountree on my RB watch list for the day.   However, they might be last round selections at best.

Had him toward the top of my 2nd round coming in.   Securely within my first round draft board now.
Zero RBs drafted in the last 5 years in the 4th rd or later, not counting undrafted James Robinson, or Barkley’s replacement last season, have amounted to anything   Maybe I’m just don’t remember.  However, I like Carter.

Zero RBs drafted in the last 5 years in the 4th rd or later, not counting undrafted James Robinson, or Barkley’s replacement last season, have amounted to anything   Maybe I’m just don’t remember.  However, I like Carter.
Aaron Jones

And Carter is sort of a little Aaron Jones like...

Yeah, but very early in the 4th.  I think he's as good as the 3rd round backs that went, if not better.   Great opportunity.  Also, I don't love what some of the WR needy teams have done in this draft.   For instance, I thought TEN and GB would be great spots for a WR2.   I will definitely have to take a closer look at Amari Rodgers and Dez Fitpatrick, but those guys weren't really on my radar in the first 3 rounds.   Also I have a much bigger need for RB than WR.

Yeah, but very early in the 4th.  I think he's as good as the 3rd round backs that went, if not better.   Great opportunity.  Also, I don't love what some of the WR needy teams have done in this draft.   For instance, I thought TEN and GB would be great spots for a WR2.   I will definitely have to take a closer look at Amari Rodgers and Dez Fitpatrick, but those guys weren't really on my radar in the first 3 rounds.   Also I have a much bigger need for RB than WR.
Rodgers was on my radar.  No thanks on Fitzpatrick 

Stevenson to the Patriots only further muddles a backfield lacking clear direction. As I have shares of Michel and Harris, disappointed in this pick. Essentially, all three guys are torpedoed to late round flyer status.

TB adds another interesting young WR in Darden.   I'm not sure Godwin is going to be around post-Brady. 

Also, great news for Fournette, Ronald Jones, and anyone holding on to hope for K-Vaughn.

Stevenson to the Patriots only further muddles a backfield lacking clear direction. As I have shares of Michel and Harris, disappointed in this pick. Essentially, all three guys are torpedoed to late round flyer status.
The Pats backfield is always painful but this one really muddies the waters because his style kind of overlaps with Harris and Michel although he can be involved in the passing game which the other two aren't...I could see Sony getting traded at some point this offseason.

Hard to get too excited about Ty Wallace when the team drafting him went Rashod Bateman in the 1st round and already has a guy named "Hollywood" as one of their starters. They also like to run the ball a lot and there is a limited number of targets to go around. That said, Wallace has some skills. 

Wallace to BAL as WR #4 on a team that doesn't throw.   Kind of guy I would've rather seen drafted to the Titans.
I am a Bateman fan, and not a believer in Wallace, I think this will only help depress his stock.

If he's an early 2nd rounder now, I am all about it.  

Yeah I’m not sure there is much left to be excited about in this class undrafted. 
maybe a couple crazy athletes at WR and running back depth chart filler

Users who are viewing this thread