What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty: WR Dez Fitzpatrick, Titans (2 Viewers)

barackdhouse

Footballguy
Played for Louisville 6'2" 210 sub 4.5 40

Broke out as a freshman in 2017 with Lamar Jackson at QB had 45/699/9

I wouldn't know because I didn't look until today but lots of references to terrible QB play after Lamar got drafted in 2018. Apparently he had drop problems. Only 3 drops in 2020. FWIW.

Titans moved up to get him. I always take notice when a team moves up. Obviously Titans needed another WR. Hard to see him as worth much in that offense, but it is as good of a spot for him as he could ever have hoped for. 

Great landing spot. He's really got to beat out Reynolds to have value. No way 3WRs are valuable while Henry is reigning there.

Titans traded up with the Panthers to select Louisville WR Dez Fitzpatrick with the No. 109 overall pick in the 2021 NFL Draft.

Fitzpatrick (6'1/208) burst onto the scene with 45/699/9 as a 19-year-old redshirt freshman alongside former Louisville QB Lamar Jackson, finishing his four-year career with more yards per catch (16.8) than teammate Tutu Atwell (16.5) -- who was drafted by the Rams in the second round -- and becoming the sixth player in school history to reach 2,500 receiving yards. His leaner build and play strength are less than ideal against press coverage at the next level but Fitzpatrick offers 58th percentile athleticism with an elite wingspan (80 5/8") to compete at the highest catch point. Bryant could immediately find his way onto the field with A.J. Brown and Josh Reynolds potentially the only wideouts ahead of him on Tennessee's depth chart. Brown's target supremacy remains intact. 

Trading three picks to get him is surprising and probably not a good move since he was projected to go later 5th 6th

Corey wasted too much time playing patty-cake with every CB that pressed him until 2020. Guess what the knock is on both WRs the Titans drafted?

Both rookies are supposed to be good blockers that seem to like the contact. That is really the prerequisite, in fact Reynolds spoke of having to improve blocking the day he signed. 

It's a bit much but maybe true but a bit much but....the best blocker starts.

Fitzpatrick has fine tape. He's unexciting like Derrick Mason. Chew on that for a bit til you rank this guy. He just is not the next Moss or Hill or Jones.

I'm feeling let down by my team right now when WR was such a big need and they waited til the 4th.

I'd say Reynolds is the leader of the pack at #2.

The Titans (when they had TEs) do not throw to the slot much but they didn't add anyone to beat out Cameron Batson. He's quick n smooth. He doesn't have that gear for breakaway speed but he is a classic pain in the slot. He's got great focus and made some tough catches last year. I'd chalk him up for 20-25 catches and ...ignore the Titans slot.

One oh well why not it's my last pick thing might be to try Batson. I'm fearful they're not continuing this well established offense (need TEs to do so) and if they don't sign a key free agent, someone must be a threat over the middle. 

I don't think this is your rookie for dynasty

Any chance they go after Jamison Crowder once the Jets cut him to fill the hole at slot WR? I agree this guy is just outside depth at best. Was really hoping the Titans were gonna take Elijah Moore with their first pick, and disappointed they waited until round 4 to address the biggest need on offense. 

Any chance they go after Jamison Crowder once the Jets cut him to fill the hole at slot WR? I agree this guy is just outside depth at best. Was really hoping the Titans were gonna take Elijah Moore with their first pick, and disappointed they waited until round 4 to address the biggest need on offense. 
They don't have a lot of $ and it's assumed they'll add a veteran TE. The fans all expected a TE and WR and I don't think that changed. The GM is loving his draft right now but let's see when they hit the practice field soon. When has any team been all happy with a late WR starting? I think the shine has to wear off first.

wait what

Titans waived WR Dez Fitzpatrick.

The move is a bit of a head-scratcher as the Titans selected Fitzpatrick in the fourth round of the most recent draft to backfill their depleted receiving room. They even traded up with the Panthers to lock him in. Despite subbing out Corey Davis for Julio Jones, Tennessee was still in search of good depth options at wide receiver this offseason. With Titans coaches and beat writers alike noting throughout the summer that Fitzpatrick was struggling in practice, his absence from the final roster is more defensible. He will likely draw interest from multiple teams given his fourth-round pedigree.
Yikes what happened here?

Last edited by a moderator:
Landed back with the Titans on their practice squad.  Has a more difficult path now, than assumed at time of the draft, to get to fantasy relevancy... 

Can't at all see it. He fizzled from day one and really I figured he'd be out of the league. It didn't matter if it was a footwork drill, routes w no defenders, or in scrimmage/games, he always looked like one of the worst.

He must have really worked hard this off-season. Kudos to him if so.

The Steelers seemed full at WR last I checked. Butler is a giant that looked the part of a guy that "ate his crow and put work in to get back" in the XFL. There were many saying the Steelers were an odd choice for a guy looking to make a squad.
If I'm taking a chance on a fifth or sixth WR it's gonna be the giant that few CBs can outleap.

Users who are viewing this thread