What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Best Nap Location? (1 Viewer)

Tried multiple Hammocks.. Bad back doesn't allow me to enjoy it..

Nothing beats during the summer napping outside on the couch on our deck.. Helps we have 2+ acres of land and can barely see our neighbors :)  

Am I the only one who hates napping?  Can't do it.  
You must be a young pup.. Back when I was a young, on our Canada vacation,  the older ones would nap after lunch and I'd be out wandering the woods.

Now, at 52, an afternoon nap for 30 minutes is absolutely necessary after a morning of :fishing:  

Last edited by a moderator:
Love naps....I can fall asleep about anywhere. 20-30 minute refresher and all is right in the world.

The one thing I can't do is drink, nap and then start drinking again. My stomach just will not let me pull the reboot off. 

Heck, I think i will take one now. It is one of those dreary, cold, rainy days that just are made for a nap. 

Never been a big nap taker either (even as a small kid). Always feel groggy afterwards. 
More then likely you are taking to long of a nap.. A "good" nap should only be for 20 to a max of 30 minutes.. any amount of time after that you'll go into a deep sleep, rather then a light nap and thus :yawn:  

• Love
Reactions: JAA
Andy Capp got it right......facing the back of the sofa.  It provides a little bit of protection against light and (more importantly) noone can see if you're awake or not.

Love naps....I can fall asleep about anywhere. 20-30 minute refresher and all is right in the world.
This.  For me, it's typically been 15-20 minutes.  I snap out of it, and I'm good to go.  Lately, now that I'm older (and especially after a long morning run), the naps sometimes run 40 minutes.

A few years ago, I actually dozed off during a noisy MRI early one afternoon.

You must be a young pup.. Back when I was a young, on our Canada vacation,  the older ones would nap after lunch and I'd be out wandering the woods.

Now, at 52, an afternoon nap for 30 minutes is absolutely necessary after a morning of :fishing:  
Young pup...I wish..turned the ol' 50 in September. 

Long naps make me feel groggy.  The key is to keep them between 45min to an hour.  90 minutes tops.  Anything more and your day is a fog for the rest of it.

More then likely you are taking to long of a nap.. A "good" nap should only be for 20 to a max of 30 minutes.. any amount of time after that you'll go into a deep sleep, rather then a light nap and thus :yawn:  
So do you set an alarm then or what? In other words, how do you limit yourself to the relatively brief, light-sleep described?

Love a good nap, but about 30% of the time I get "Sleep Paralysis" and sometimes it's down right scary.  Right before I "wake" up I am aware I'm sleeping but can't move or speak - and always feel like I'm in danger or someone is coming to get me.  Then I wake up startled and un-relaxed.

Love a good nap, but about 30% of the time I get "Sleep Paralysis" and sometimes it's down right scary.  Right before I "wake" up I am aware I'm sleeping but can't move or speak - and always feel like I'm in danger or someone is coming to get me.  Then I wake up startled and un-relaxed.
Does that only happen with naps or also when you sleep at night?  I've read about folks who get that and it's scary as crap to me.

Does that only happen with naps or also when you sleep at night?  I've read about folks who get that and it's scary as crap to me.
Only naps, and usually on a couch or non-bed nap place.

So do you set an alarm then or what? In other words, how do you limit yourself to the relatively brief, light-sleep described?
I have two dogs, a cat and a wife... One of them is bound to make a noise in any given 30 minutes.  :lol:

But even if they don't I always seem to catch myself before I drop into a deep sleep.

I have two dogs, a cat and a wife... One of them is bound to make a noise in any given 30 minutes.  :lol:

But even if they don't I always seem to catch myself before I drop into a deep sleep.
I’m much better at impromptu naps than planned and honestly don’t take them as often as I’d like or should.  

Users who are viewing this thread