What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ranking the 2020 and 2021 rookie RB's (1 Viewer)

Hu-Tang Clan

Footballguy
Now that the 2021 draft is in the books and we've got the landing spots, how would you rank last year and this year's rookie RB's? 

In terms of talent, fantasy situation being impossible to predict a year out.  

Dobbins, Taylor, Akers, Swift, Gibson, Sermon, Harris, Etienne, Williams, CEH

Combining last year, void of hindsight:

Taylor/N Harris/Dobbins

Javonte/CEH/Swift/Etienne/Akers

Sermon/Dillon/Gibson

Moss/Carter/Stevenson/Vaughn/Chuba

Akers

Taylor   

Harris

Swift

Dobbins  

Etienne 

Gibson

CEH 

Williams

Sermon 

Robinson 

Carter

If I'm grading them based on what I thought about them entering the league after their NFL drafts, not what I saw the 2020 class actually do I'd have ranked them this way:

1. CEH

2. Taylor

3. Najee

4. Swift

5. Akers

6, Williams

7. ETN

8.. Dobbins

9. Sermon

10. Gibson

Bonus add: I would have put Najee as number one rookie RB for redraft purpose over last two years.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I were drafting for my NFL team ...

Taylor 

Dobbins

Najee

Swift

Akers

Williams

Robinson

Etienne

Gibson

CEH

Stevenson

Sermon

Carter

1. JT- great prospect who really put it together down the stretch, size speed production Godzilla 

2. Swift - I know he’s another 2nd round pick and history tells us 1st round pick status matters but I love the burst he showed last year, the potential of this offensive line and the way the offense might need to build around him 

3. ETN- great prospect landing with the dream QB and a coach who wants to feed him receptions, floor is low but ceiling is unreal 

4. Akers- he got a lot of touches down the stretch and really kicked ### but it’s a small sample size still, we know McVay likes to churn these skill players 

5. Harris- The perfect combo of prospect and landing spot but Pittsburgh offense could be about to fall off a cliff 

6. Gibson- he has JT level upside but there is some worry for low receptions and coming back to Earth on his TD rate, haven’t seen bell cow play yet

7. CEH- didn’t think he had any business getting drafted where he did last year (fantasy and NFL) but he was ok and it’s the Chiefs so why not CEH? 

8. Dobbins - love the talent just don’t think he will get the receptions needed to hit his upper end.

9.  Williams - young and an offense that’s just a QB away from making this a golden goose type landing spot for Javonte 

10. Carter- I just like what I saw and thought he produced neck and neck with Javonte. Opportunity is there and I’m willing to let it ride with him despite the horrific draft slide.

Users who are viewing this thread