What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Error Messages Or Tech Trouble For Forum - please post here (1 Viewer)

Joe Bryant

Guide
Staff member
We try our best to keep the forum online and stable. 

Please use this thread to let us know if you're seeing a specific error or if something is broken. Please try to be as specific as possible with the error or trouble you're having.

Please don't use this thread for general complaints about other things. Thanks. 

Getting this message all the time:

We're sorry, but a temporary technical error has occurred which means we cannot display this site right now. 

Access denied for user 'Mfootguy'@'172.31.15.200' (using password: YES)

You can try again by clicking the button below, or try again later. 

We're sorry, but a temporary technical error has occurred which means we cannot display this site right now.

Access denied for user 'Mfootguy'@'172.31.15.102' (using password: YES)

I got this error just clicking on a thread.  Hit refresh and it brought me where I wanted to go.  

Last edited by a moderator:
If you click on "first unread post" you get the error message

If you just click on the last page number you do not get the error message

At least that has been my experience

HTH

The error message pops up today just as it did yesterday.  I can read the Shark Pool topics but the Free For All doesn’t come up at all.   Stuff happens.   Will try again this eve or tomorrow.  Good luck.  

The General said:

I got this same error yesterday.  Only that one time, though.  

I get this error only when I use the "first unread post" button.

I get this error only when I use the "first unread post" button.

Interesting - that's usually how I go into threads, so need to see if it's consistent like that.

i got it when i clicked on this thread so that right there is what it looks like when karma says hey watch me make a funny take that to the bank bromigos 

The General said:

This

Joe, I'm sure invision will know this but it appears to be an issue with MySQL db - I'm assuming that's the repository used for the forum.  Since it is sporadic it seems like one of the DBs in their cluster is having an issue.  Tell them to restart it or take it out of the cluster.

The General said:

this.

plus, i'm getting error messages when attempting to 'like' some posts.  not all, just some.  weird.

The Mfootguy error has actually gotten worse for me.  'Try Again' would always work, but now I have to press it a couple of times.

Curse you, Mfootguy! Curse you

I am still getting the error.

Also, we need a thread for general airing of grievances, like not being able to post pictures. For example I would have put a picture of a Festivus pole here.

Look at the brains on AAA!
Who knew?!?  I tried to "Like," but got an error message.

My issues are like the others - it's sporadic with the Mfootguy errors.

A running joke (pardon the pun) in the 10K thread relates to me and foot massages (going back to being on the support crew for one of the guys during his Western States 100M run a few years ago).  I thought this "Mfootguy" was somehow specific to me.   :unsure:   So in one sense, I'm glad it's a general issue.

Who knew?!?  I tried to "Like," but got an error message.

My issues are like the others - it's sporadic with the Mfootguy errors.
If my guess is correct then anything that reads/writes to MySQL will fail sporadically.  172.31.15.200 is I'm guessing the IP of the offending db.  Mfootguy is the admin user of the Footballguys database.  I'm guessing MySQL FBGs -> Mfootguy

If my guess is correct then anything that reads/writes to MySQL will fail sporadically.  172.31.15.200 is I'm guessing the IP of the offending db.  Mfootguy is the admin user of the Footballguys database.  I'm guessing MySQL FBGs -> Mfootguy
There's at least two different ip addresses reported, 172.315.200 and 172.31.15.102. 

Unfortunately this seems to be a pretty generic error message, if you search their forums it comes up a lot for totally different reasons.  It would help to know who mfootguy is (db user?  Middle tier user?), what the ip addresses are, and if there's anything useful in the logs. 

For example it could be that the database is getting too big and needs to be pruned 

https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/461020-not-sure-if-this-is-an-ip-board-issue/?tab=comments#comment-2849687

That's not something you should assume without having other logs to verify it because its a lot of work to fix and there isn't conclusive evidence.  So it really needs to be troubleshot starting with the logs which may have more detailed error information 

Joe, I'm sure invision will know this but it appears to be an issue with MySQL db - I'm assuming that's the repository used for the forum.  Since it is sporadic it seems like one of the DBs in their cluster is having an issue.  Tell them to restart it or take it out of the cluster.
Wow...Hard to believe that someone this smart is an Atlanta soccer fan.

The General said:

Getting a different error message now, got it twice 

php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known

Users who are viewing this thread