What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Error Messages Or Tech Trouble For Forum - please post here (1 Viewer)

Getting a different error message now, got it twice 

We're sorry, but a temporary technical error has occurred which means we cannot display this site right now.

php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known

You can try again by clicking the button below, or try again later.
It’s learning. Be scared.

An error occurred (500 Error)

We're sorry, but a temporary technical error has occurred which means we cannot display this site right now. 

php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known

Try again

There's at least two different ip addresses reported, 172.315.200 and 172.31.15.102. 

Unfortunately this seems to be a pretty generic error message, if you search their forums it comes up a lot for totally different reasons.  It would help to know who mfootguy is (db user?  Middle tier user?), what the ip addresses are, and if there's anything useful in the logs. 

For example it could be that the database is getting too big and needs to be pruned 

https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/461020-not-sure-if-this-is-an-ip-board-issue/?tab=comments#comment-2849687

That's not something you should assume without having other logs to verify it because its a lot of work to fix and there isn't conclusive evidence.  So it really needs to be troubleshot starting with the logs which may have more detailed error information 
Yep, there's a variety of issues it could be with the DB - cluster failure, network, user access (this one would seem strange as it's sporadic).  If one of the DB servers in their cluster was having disk/space issues that could be it too. 

I got a Google Pixel 4 a couple months ago.  It's not the greatest phone in the world, but a significant upgrade to my Samsung Galaxy 7 (which my kids made fun of ruthlessly).  I can't use it with the forums at all.  I've cleaned cache, cleared cookies, logged out, used an alias (which, hey thanks for killing that off without causing any malfeasance with it; I was just trying to post here, didn't need to ban it outright), used incognito mode, swapped themes from dark to light and back again and here's what I get.  I even downloaded Mozilla and tried that....nope.  

This page isn't working.  FBG is currently unable to handle this request.  HTTP Error 500.  :shrug:

Every.  Time.

And yeah, on the desktop, I'm getting what everybody else gets.  

Last edited by a moderator:
I got a Google Pixel 4 a couple months ago.  It's not the greatest phone in the world, but a significant upgrade to my Samsung Galaxy 7 (which my kids made fun of ruthlessly).  I can't use it with the forums at all.  I've cleaned cache, cleared cookies, logged out, used an alias (which, hey thanks for killing that off without causing any malfeasance with it; I was just trying to post here, didn't need to ban it outright), used incognito mode, swapped themes from dark to light and back again and here's what I get.  I even downloaded Mozilla and tried that....nope.  

This page isn't working.  FBG is currently unable to handle this request.  HTTP Error 500.  :shrug:

Every.  Time.

Thanks GM. Were you able to access the forums with the Pixel 4 in the past? Or is this new along with the recent trouble we're having?

Thanks GM. Were you able to access the forums with the Pixel 4 in the past? Or is this new along with the recent trouble we're having?
No, almost from the jump I couldn't post anything, which is probably for the best since I am more likely than not to post here after a few beers on my phone, which is never really a good thing. ;)

Sober GM is a model citizen. 

Every.  Time.

Yeah they really cracked down on aliases.  Had a few get permabanned within hours of posting during my ban so I just sucked it up and took a nice long vacation 

No, almost from the jump I couldn't post anything, which is probably for the best since I am more likely than not to post here after a few beers on my phone, which is never really a good thing. ;)

I am having a similar problem on both iPhone and iPad but could google a thread and could view it fine that way. For example, google “footballguys GMTAN”.  But viewing whole forums didn’t work. However, I learned that incognito on Chrome works for me (doesn’t for you I understand though).

Thanks. Sorry for the trouble in not being able to access. We've asked the people at invision about why a pixel 4 would not be able to access. Apologies for the inconvenience. 

Only thing they suggested was clearing cache and I told them you'd done that already. Keith has a pixel three that he's able to access the forums normally with. 

Honestly not sure and I'm sorry. Just one more fail on the doesn't work list. Sorry. 

Only thing they suggested was clearing cache and I told them you'd done that already. Keith has a pixel three that he's able to access the forums normally with. 

Honestly not sure and I'm sorry. Just one more fail on the doesn't work list. Sorry. 
Buddy, don't worry about it!  TBH, I need to spend less time on my phone and more time pretending to enjoy my family.  All good. I'll try to clear things out and try again later. 

Buddy, don't worry about it!  TBH, I need to spend less time on my phone and more time pretending to enjoy my family.  All good. I'll try to clear things out and try again later. 
Shot in the dark but I think there are 2 options for displaying the forums.  The one on the left I have circled is fine, the one on the right made my phone not load.  I forgot how I had to fix it it, but check that.  I might have had to log in on desktop to fix

https://imgur.com/gallery/PtsyQ0K

Out of of curiosity, I went to look up users and see if someone had the mfootguy handle, but before getting there I saw a message on the Leaderboard that "The search index is currently processing. Leaderboard results may not be complete." 

Makes me say, hmmm. 

Boards are now working from my work computer as well.  I had been getting a security error which caused our proxy to then block the boards.  This had been happening since December.

Getting this error almost every time I click on something -- just started ~30 minutes ago.

I can usually get through after clicking "Try Again" 2-3 times.

Getting this error almost every time I click on something -- just started ~30 minutes ago.

I can usually get through after clicking "Try Again" 2-3 times.
+1

Also, "Sorry. There was a problem reacting to this content" when trying to Like caustic's post about this.

Maybe caustic is the problem.

Getting this too. took 10 minutes to get in to post this.

Users who are viewing this thread