What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Deshaun watson trade (1 Viewer)

thawkprime21

Footballguy
I have a team trying to negotiate trading me Deshaun Watson For Russell Wilson. In a normal year this is a no brainer but with watson in trouble what do i need as extras to limit my risk or is watson done for ever. I get that i may suck this year with no QB but have a brighter future.

Watson is a huge risk almost to the point that he is a non value.  If you are giving up WIlson I would want a return that is essentially 80-90% of his value with Watson making up the additional 10-20% 

What is the offer looking like currently?

If it's 1QB, that seems like you're getting a pretty good deal to me. With a good QB, are you a contender? If so, maybe you can find another way to acquire a sure thing QB afterwards, in case Watson is a no-go.

A 2023 1st?  Any way to estimate if it will be an early or late 1st rounder?

Where does that pick potentially lands in the first round would make me think about this offer.

watson, deboo Samuel's, 2023 1st for wilson
Only way I do this is if there is no way for you to be competitive this year and likely not next year either.  Having some idea where that 2023 pick might fall would also factor in.  I probably stay put as this could easily be a big blow up and set you back if Watson goes to jail, Samuel doesn't get consistent and the 2023 1st is late.  

Watson is a huge risk almost to the point that he is a non value.  If you are giving up WIlson I would want a return that is essentially 80-90% of his value with Watson making up the additional 10-20% 

What is the offer looking like currently?

A 2023 1st?  Any way to estimate if it will be an early or late 1st rounder?

Where does that pick potentially lands in the first round would make me think about this offer.
the 2023 pick is going to be late by my best estimate. The owner has 1.5,1.6 in a 12 team league this year and hurts as his qb2, also very deep at rb and his wrs are serviceable hes finished top 5 last 2 seasons

Only way I do this is if there is no way for you to be competitive this year and likely not next year either.  Having some idea where that 2023 pick might fall would also factor in.  I probably stay put as this could easily be a big blow up and set you back if Watson goes to jail, Samuel doesn't get consistent and the 2023 1st is late.  
I tend to agree with this, just too much risk, and the return just doesn't justify the risk

If this can help you, I just traded D. Watson for a 2022 1st pick (probably mid or late) and Chase Edmonds.

This was in a Dynasty 1QB league.

Users who are viewing this thread