What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Website Design Vendor Advice/Help (1 Viewer)

TripItUp

Footballguy
I'm launching a business and need a vendor to build/maintain the website.  GoDaddy just quoted me at $3200 bucks for the design and 1 year of maintenance.  That's way cheaper than I expected.   They use WordPress which I'm told is the way to go.

Any opinions or suggestions on website vendors?

I'm launching a business and need a vendor to build/maintain the website.  GoDaddy just quoted me at $3200 bucks for the design and 1 year of maintenance.  That's way cheaper than I expected.   They use WordPress which I'm told is the way to go.

I know one to avoid....

Unless you're going to have a complex site, Wordpress is more than sufficient. 

What will the site be? Online brochure? A functional tool? 
How large / how many pages? 
Will you have eCommerce... selling items on the site? If so do you have a portal in place already? 
How prepared are you with copy/Images? How much of this will you need the designer to create. 

All those play a big part in your pricing... I'd also consider looking at Fiverr for developers. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't skimp on the web site design.  Spend some time and money up front and make sure it looks professional and represents you and your business well.  Once the web site is actually built and deployed, in most cases there's not a lot to bother with in terms of actual maintenance.  For my wife's business, she paid someone to build the site in WordPress which included the standard 1 year of maintenance and hosting.  However once the initial year was up, I moved the site to DreamHost and now we just maintain it ourselves and all we pay for is the hosting.  

Users who are viewing this thread