What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Working From Home (1 Viewer)

RC94

Footballguy
A lot of people are now working from home.  How have you equipped your home office?  Anything you recommend to others such as a chair you like or desk, etc?

Personally, I'm looking to buy a new chair.  I saw a "gamer" chair that looks comfortable and is a good price, but I'm concerned with how it looks on a Zoom meeting.  Anyone have a office chair you like a lot?  Here's a link to the gamer chair I was looking at: https://www.amazon.com/Homall-Computer-Executive-Ergonomic-Adjustable/dp/B07N8T4BBT?linkCode=ll1&tag=0414homallgamingchair-20&linkId=dbf052e04d85806736745ce5cb161ad4&language=en_US&ref_=as_li_ss_tl&th=1

🤷🏾‍♂️ I use my wife's dresser as a stand up desk (it's just the right height) and put the laptop on a TV tray stand on my back porch when I want to sit outside. 

Also, I'll use a recycling garbage can for a standup desk when I want to be in the garage.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been working from home for years prior to the pandemic starting. All of these make a difference it just depends on your preferences:

• A good chair, something with a mesh back like an Aeron.
  • Motorized stand up desk. When I had a manual crank desk I rarely stood up. 
  • 1 large monitor or dual monitors
  • A good keyboard & mouse, something like the Logitech MX Master/Keys.
  • Chair mat
  • Speakers for music, much more comfortable than wearing headphones all day. 
  • A window view if possible

Good chair is a must.  Mine has not been great and need one that goes taller than what I currently have.  I find myself getting a sore neck/shoulder pain from the position I sit in.  Standing not really an option for the time being.  Maybe once the kids are back in actual school and not virtual and our set ups for office space vs kids school space changes.

🤷🏾‍♂️ I use my wife's dresser as a stand up desk (it's just the right height) and put the laptop on a TV tray stand on my back porch when I want to sit outside. 

Also, I'll use a recycling garbage can for a standup desk when I want to be in the garage.
I’ve found your overall idea here is great to break up the monotony.  I have about 5-6 places I will sit during the week - main one is the office with external monitor and standing desk.  I’m always in there if I have a video call.  Otherwise I will move around as the spirit hits me - especially with nice weather I like to sit outside and get some fresh air. 

A lot of people are now working from home.  How have you equipped your home office?  Anything you recommend to others such as a chair you like or desk, etc?

Personally, I'm looking to buy a new chair.  I saw a "gamer" chair that looks comfortable and is a good price, but I'm concerned with how it looks on a Zoom meeting.  Anyone have a office chair you like a lot?  Here's a link to the gamer chair I was looking at: https://www.amazon.com/Homall-Computer-Executive-Ergonomic-Adjustable/dp/B07N8T4BBT?linkCode=ll1&tag=0414homallgamingchair-20&linkId=dbf052e04d85806736745ce5cb161ad4&language=en_US&ref_=as_li_ss_tl&th=1
Similar version $50 cheaper Chair

Never mind. the price changed when I linked it---that was weird. 

I am actually thinking about buying this chair because the one I have right now is a step above a folding chair and I have been WFH for over a year. 

would not think twice if i saw one of these on a video call

been on a number of calls this past year where guys are sitting in chairs that look like this one. if it's comfortable, go for it.

I've been working from home for years prior to the pandemic starting. All of these make a difference it just depends on your preferences:

• A good chair, something with a mesh back like an Aeron.
  • Motorized stand up desk. When I had a manual crank desk I rarely stood up. 
  • 1 large monitor or dual monitors
  • A good keyboard & mouse, something like the Logitech MX Master/Keys.
  • Chair mat
  • Speakers for music, much more comfortable than wearing headphones all day. 
  • A window view if possible
I have been remote for a long time as well  - 

This is a great list  - I do also have a TV in the corner just for background noise and the window with light is huge ( at least for me) 

I would add have a separate space - for example I use a converted bedroom so I can "go" to work and "leave" work. 

Have been WFH for many years and use a couch. Comes in handy during conference calls. 

I mostly use my recliner reclined back with one of those pillow rolls behind my deck.    I built a little side table that's just the right height and size to hold my phone, wireless keyboard for tv, coffee and to put the laptop on when I want to get up.   

I don't understand gamer chairs. Other than having high back and head rests, what makes them "gamer"?
My office chair is made by a freaking mattress company, can't get more comfortable than that for work or gaming.

it really depends on the space you have. Overall, I recommend setting up shop in a separate room, away from your living environment. It allows you to "leave work" when done and you are not constantly walking past that stack of papers that are guilting you into working on the weekend. The reverse is true, if you are working on your kitchen table, that pile of dishes will keep mocking you until you stop and wash them. Keeping your work and home spaces separate is key. 

The more space you have, the more you can do. I took over our finished basement and I have my working area, a utility area for printers, paper, envelopes, etc and a sitting area with 2 comfortable chairs and bookcases for when I want to get away from the desk. 

In my work area I have a great stand up desk. Its not the one you put on your regular desk, this one moves the whole thing up and down. It is great to break up the day a bit. If you work standing for any part of the day, I recommend getting a stand up mat. Mine is made of some memory foam and it has high edges that let me move my feet around and stretch my legs. 

Storage is key. Depending on what you do, there is nothing worse than getting overrun with files and papers. Invest in some nice furniture-style filing cabinets. 

Adjustable stand up desk from Vari on Amazon. Love it. Also need an extra wide monitor, or two. 

Users who are viewing this thread