Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Why is Biden Still Wearing a Mask?

31 minutes ago, Terminalxylem said:

I don’t know why otherwise reasonable, intelligent people continue to defend that bozo. The cult of personality surrounding Trump is baffling.

Probably a decent amount of the reason is he is still irritating the liberals.  

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My wife and I are both fully vaccinated. We both still wear a mask in public as a courtesy to others who don't know we're vaccinated. It's really no big deal.

He's the leader of all Americans....even those who haven't gotten vaccinated.  It's nice to see a POTUS not just thinking about those Americans within his personal Venn Diagram.  

Upset on a Friday about a man you don't know wearing a mask.  Good stuff, Conservative Justice Warriors.

9 hours ago, tonydead said:

I wasn't talking about betters emotions.

:lmao:. JFC, you cant make this stuff up. Please don't make me explain it to you.  

I corrected you on two of your posts on odds in the last two days.  Now you want to insult somebody else.

get over yourself.  

• Like 4
21 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I corrected you on two of your posts on odds in the last two days.  Now you want to insult somebody else.

get over yourself.  

You thought you did. :lol:

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, JerryG said:

If you are actually interested in learning why, this link has a good explanation. 

https://www.scottadamssays.com/2017/02/12/good-example-of-our-two-movie-reality/

Scott Adams lost me years ago when on Joe Rogan he defended Trump saying Trump doesn’t lie he just manipulates.  The logic behind that is so faulty it’s unreal and the justification for the lying is so disgusting

Edited by dkp993
  • Like 4
22 minutes ago, dkp993 said:

Scott Adams lost me years ago when on Joe Rogan he defended Trump saying Trump doesn’t lie he just manipulates.  The logic behind that is so faulty it’s unreal and the justification for the lying is so disgusting

I see you're watching the other movie.

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, BladeRunner said:

No idea what you’re talking about.  

*nvm.  I get it now.  

Edited by dkp993
Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, BladeRunner said:

Not sure what movie I’m watching or if I even subscribe to that theory, but what I do know is the person describing said theory has zero credibility with me.  

Edited by dkp993
7 hours ago, JerryG said:

If you are actually interested in learning why, this link has a good explanation. 

https://www.scottadamssays.com/2017/02/12/good-example-of-our-two-movie-reality/

I acknowledge we have different perspectives and goals, but don’t think that fully explains the Trump phenomenon. At some point, objective reality/truth needs to enter the equation. While that may not always be possible, there are plenty of examples where flagrant falsehoods are accepted to advance the Trumpian cause. I’m sure that exists on the other “side” as well, but the sheer volume of lies spewed by our ex-POTUS is unprecedented IMO.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Biden is getting up there in years and he has to work at times near Matt Gaetz. I'd probably wear a mask too 

2 minutes ago, kwille said:

Biden is getting up there in years and he has to work at times near Matt Gaetz. I'd probably wear a mask too 

Full PPE IMO.

Meanwhile the ACC OUTDOOR Track and Field Championships are taking place TODAY in Raleigh.  NO SPECTATORS ALLOWED.  It just goes to show what I’ve always said - supposed smart people can be some of the dumbest people on the planet.

3 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

:tinfoilhat:

Do you have a better explanation for the NCAA not allowing spectators - TODAY - to an outdoor event?  Parents have been turned away at the gate, most of whom are vaccinated AND willing to wear masks.  

13 minutes ago, ekbeats said:

These are the same clowns who tell us to “follow the science”.  It’s all about control. 

The bolded is where I disagree with you.  It’s about fear, accountability (or lack there of by people who want to blame others after the fact) and the fear of being held accountable (or held to blame).  So an over abundance of caution becomes the standard.  The vocal minority becomes the power.  I’ve seen it and been involved in it first hand multiple times in my business. I won’t bore everyone with the story but I’ve seen one person hijacking entire cities time, agenda and focus for 2+ years. 1 single resident.  

• Like 1
1 minute ago, ekbeats said:

Do you have a better explanation for the NCAA not allowing spectators - TODAY - to an outdoor event?  Parents have been turned away at the gate, most of whom are vaccinated AND willing to wear masks.  

Yes.  See my next post.  

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, ekbeats said:

C.Y.A. ?   

I would assume this is a large portion of decisions when it comes to schools.  I posted earlier how I saw a softball team practicing outside spread out on the field with masks on.  I wouldn't think many people in this day and age want to stick their neck out too far and take the chance of dealing with pissed off Karens. 

ETA:  or what dkp said, only he said it better. 

Edited by KarmaPolice
  • Like 1
6 minutes ago, dkp993 said:

The bolded is where I disagree with you.  It’s about fear, accountability (or lack there of by people who want to blame others after the fact) and the fear of being held accountable (or held to blame).  So an over abundance of caution becomes the standard.  The vocal minority becomes the power.  I’ve seen it and been involved in it first hand multiple times in my business. I won’t bore everyone with the story but I’ve seen one person hijacking entire cities time, agenda and focus for 2+ years. 1 single resident.  

I'd like to hear the story.

Just now, KarmaPolice said:

C.Y.A. ?   

I would assume this is a large portion of decisions when it comes to schools.  I posted earlier how I saw a softball team practicing outside spread out on the field with masks on.  I wouldn't think many people in this day and age want to stick their neck out too far and take the chance of dealing with pissed off Karens. 

There is no CYA when the official guidance from the US Government gives you cover.  It is impossible to prove causation, especially when it has been proven that outdoor transmission - with a mask on - is extremely unlikely.  We have petitioned the NCAA and the ACC to change this policy, even this week.  They refuse to relent.  They’re power tripping Richards, trust me. 

2 minutes ago, ekbeats said:

Sounds like a control freak, which is what I’m saying.

Yes that resident certainly was.  So if as an individual that’s what you mean then sure. I was speaking to the larger context, and often talking point, that the DEM or the left want to control you. I don’t believe with COVID that’s what it about.  

4 minutes ago, ekbeats said:

Sounds like a control freak, which is what I’m saying.

IMO your post meant that a group of people are trying to control the other group somehow by masks, and admittance (or lack of).  What dk is suggesting is that it's more likely a group of people afraid of the one or two loud control freaks.  

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, ekbeats said:

There is no CYA when the official guidance from the US Government gives you cover.  It is impossible to prove causation, especially when it has been proven that outdoor transmission - with a mask on - is extremely unlikely.  We have petitioned the NCAA and the ACC to change this policy, even this week.  They refuse to relent.  They’re power tripping Richards, trust me. 

I would guess some of their rules were implemented to cover a season, and would take some time to overturn? 

19 minutes ago, ekbeats said:

They are covering their behinds.

If people were turned away at a gate they likely didn’t think ahead as I doubt this was some

last minute announcement to not let people in...was it?

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, identikit said:

I'd like to hear the story.

It’s a detailed and involved story but the shortest possible version is….  A resident of a decent sized neighborhood in a small city complained about the noise of business was making.  No other residents had any complaints about it, ever, we were well below any noise ordnance’s, over the course of the 2+yrs the police were called and responded 100’s of times with no problems found on their end, on and on and on.  Countless city council meetings were attended due to her complaints, $60K+ of expense at our end was out laid to put in compliance’s at the cities demand to appease her (which didn’t), and on and on and on.  She moved, not 1 peep from the city or anyone else in the 10 yrs since.  

The entire city capitulated their time, effort and rule enforcement (while no rules were broken) over a 2 year period all to one loud relentless resident.  

Edited by dkp993
Just now, sho nuff said:

They are covering their behinds.

If people were turned away at a gate they likely didn’t think ahead as I doubt this was some

last minute announcement to not let people in...was it?

Oh classic.  Blame the parents!  You do realize that one block away an NCAA baseball game is going on with people in the stands.  

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, dkp993 said:

It’s a detailed and involved story but the shortest possible version is….  A resident of a decent sized neighborhood in a small city complained about the noise of my business was making.  No other residents had any complaints about it, we were well below any noise ordnance’s, over the course of the 2+yrs the police were called and responded 100’s of times with no problems found on their end, on and on and on.  Countless city council meetings were attended due to her complaints, $60K+ of expense at our end was out laid to put in compliance’s at the cities demand to appease her (which didn’t), and on and on and on.  She moved, not 1 peep from the city or anyone else in the 10 yrs since.  

The entire city capitulated their time, effort and rule enforcement (while no rules were broken) all to one loud relentless resident.  

Wow.

Insane.

1 minute ago, identikit said:

Wow.

Insane.

It’s far worse then even that but you get the idea. 

I also do business with a local very large University. My 11 other locations have been reopened from COVID shutdown since February. The University won’t allow me to there yet and maybe will come July.  July!  And it’s all due to 1 scared person on the board who is dominating the others.  It’s scary how much 1 motivated person can disrupt things.   

• Sad 1
7 minutes ago, ekbeats said:

Oh classic.  Blame the parents!  You do realize that one block away an NCAA baseball game is going on with people in the stands.  

If it was known they wouldn’t allow spectators...yes, I blame parents for showing up and assuming they would be let in. 

• Laughing 1
10 minutes ago, ekbeats said:

So maybe they are trying to save people the boredom of watching track and field?  ;) 

41 minutes ago, ekbeats said:

So even with a policy of no attendance...people showed up at the gate?

Just now, sho nuff said:

So even with a policy of no attendance...people showed up at the gate?

Honestly I don’t expect you to understand, and trying to explain it to you would be like trying to turn a pickle into a cucumber.

• Laughing 1
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, ekbeats said:

Honestly I don’t expect you to understand, and trying to explain it to you would be like trying to turn a pickle into a cucumber.

I understand that it seems while knowing they would  not allow spectators...people still showed up.   And you don’t want to hold them accountable for ignoring the policy amd expecting to be let in.

And that its easier to laugh and insult others than to articulate a point and admit that parents showing up knowing they wouldn’t be let in are at fault for doing that.

Edited by sho nuff
  • Laughing 1
7 minutes ago, ekbeats said:

I take it that's a yes.  

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

I take it that's a yes.  

Yes.  Because as it turns out, there are people out there who understand how ludicrous it is not to let parents into a large, outdoor stadium, with masks on, where they can literally sit 50 feet apart, when a block away the baseball team has been playing to crowds all season, in a conference where Clemson football played in front of crowds all season in the Fall, on the same day when the CDC lifted mask mandates for vaccinated people outdoors AND indoors, where the athletes have all been vaccinated, where herd immunity almost exists within the parents’ age group, when parents and kids were robbed of a season last year when outdoor track was canceled, and in many cases this is the crowing moments of the kid’s athletic career and perhaps his last race...  Yeah, turns out there’s a very good chance the person working the gate is not on the spectrum and has the mental capacity to understand that some rules are made to be broken.  And if that doesn’t work you hang out with other parents, watch it on livestream, party a little, enjoy some good company, and make fun of the elitist Liberal tyrants and the idiots who defend their insane policies.

Edited by ekbeats
Posted (edited)

So they expect the guy at the gate to risk his job because they felt entitled?

Yes...still those parents fault for showing up.

Edited by sho nuff
3 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

Ao they expect the guy at the gate to risk his job because they felt entitled?

Fault?

5 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

So they expect the guy at the gate to risk his job because they felt entitled?

So all those “peaceful protests” that went on last summer, all in violation of governmental rules on social distancing - if those people were all issued tickets or arrested, you would have the same comment blaming the protesters?  Can’t wait to hear this.  😆

• Laughing 1
1 hour ago, KarmaPolice said:

I would guess some of their rules were implemented to cover a season, and would take some time to overturn? 

The policies were put into place back before we even knew if there would be a spring season. It's been up to individual conference around here. Track was no spectators. But I'm watching fantastic softball full of spectators